Kaz at Taipei Game Show: GT7 in production, more content for GTS and more

Kazunori Yamauchi Talks About Next Gran Turismo, Update Plans for Gran Turismo Sport, and More
https://www.dualshockers.com/kazuno...-sport/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

""The world of GT League will also continue to expand in the future, and Yamauchi-san feels that there is the possibility that unique races that were never implemented before will appear."

What could it be?

Stunt racing like in GTAO. LOL
Hope they will continue regular updates for GTS for the next four years. Not really interested in single player modes. Not even tried GT League yet.

Why do you want paid DLC when we are receiving monthly free DLC?

It's not in production, the title of this thread is misleading, many game developers starts to think about the next game when the previous game is released, this is nothing new, but Kaz haven't said they have started on it yet.
Why do you want paid DLC when we are receiving monthly free DLC?

It's not in production, the title of this thread is misleading, many game developers starts to think about the next game when the previous game is released, this is nothing new, but Kaz haven't said they have started on it yet.

I think the work of PD with monthly updates is cool.

In addition, if at every significant period PD sold DLCs with powerful content, I would pay.

A package with 8 circuits and 40 cars, for example. I would not see problem. Various race cars, such as LMP1s, DPis, LMGTEPros, GT3s, anyway.

I think this would even be important in maintaining the long life of GTS.

I'd rather this than pay for a new game.

For one, I like giving money to companies that produce products I enjoy. But also, you get what you pay for — I'd be more likely to pay for DLC if it were genuinely new-to-series cars.

I get the feeling they are creating these additional cars and tracks primarily for GT7's roster rather than as a purely generous gift for GTS players, so you'll get your chance to pay for the content eventually. :P

sigh, KAz was scoffed when he pitched GT to sony , they said no one wanted to race/tune real cars with realistic physics. They made him make two cartoony games before finally greenlighting his " bubble world vision" . The man has a vision , like it or not, its the reason we have GT sport. Heck, it's the reason we have Forza/ Asseto Corsa / Project cars. The fact Forza and AC use foreign language names speak volumes to what they were influenced by. Kaz is a visionary, whats sad is he sets out goals that are feasibly not achievable by his team. Its evident Polyphony strives for the best but can't really do it all, so some elements are half-assed , but when they get it right, they get it right.
What? Nothing to do with an Italian dev using their own language then? Are you are turn 10 used an Italian word too just because Kaz did? That's a stretch. In any case, you're talking about PDI from 15-20 years ago, its been obvious Kaz lives in his own bubble for years now.

I also want to use this button for this.:sly:
And I wish my English was good enough to join the News team.:gtpflag:

tenor.gif

What? Nothing to do with an Italian dev using their own language then? Are you are turn 10 used an Italian word too just because Kaz did? That's a stretch. In any case, you're talking about PDI from 15-20 years ago, its been obvious Kaz lives in his own bubble for years now.
It's a global market where people name games in English. Kaz has always lived in a bubble ..

And what sense does a DLC have to pay? Divide the community? If Polyphony thinks like you.. Its very, very wrong

By that logic, releasing GT Sport divided the GT community, since some people still play GT6 and haven't bought GT Sport.

Paid DLC is an optional add-on. And it's not like there's a button to magically make new content; it requires people to work (many) hours to make it. Considering the industry average is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1 per car, I personally don't consider it "wrong" to want to pay a company like PD for the work it has done.

It's a global market where people name games in English.

I mean, this is demonstrably wrong, but okay.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1103429.html

We need somebody to translate this ASAP guys.

This is a japanese interview from the Taipei Game Show 2018.

Here's what I got from it:

Basically, PD started to work on next GT since the launch of GT Sport, they don't know if they call it GT7 as of now.

More content is in development, they would like to do a next TT game although cars are priority.

More tuning and customization options to come in the next GT.

More new cars (those which didn't appear in previous GTs) are coming to GTS in the future updates.

Time trail will be compatible with PS VR in future.

Time trial in VR! Might take it out of its box if it really happens.

By that logic, releasing GT Sport divided the GT community, since some people still play GT6 and haven't bought GT Sport.

Paid DLC is an optional add-on. And it's not like there's a button to magically make new content; it requires people to work (many) hours to make it. Considering the industry average is somewhere in the neighbourhood of $1 per car, I personally don't consider it "wrong" to want to pay a company like PD for the work it has done.

I mean, this is demonstrably wrong, but okay.

Name me games titled in foreign languages that aren't japanized anime/otaku themed or use common greek/latin words themed sold in the west. I own over 1000 games since the ps1 and can't think of any. Oh except racing games that came out after Granturismo trying to capitalize on its success. Heck even Games released in Japan IN ENGLISH are localized into a different name Rockman -> Megaman, Biohazard -> Resident evil

Oh, I don't think the next round of DLC will cost anything either. But I also expect it to be primarily GT6 cars again.

After March 2018? Perhaps one or both of those things will change.
I've mentioned this in other posts: I think that the DLC after March will be paid, meaning that the next two rounds of DLC will be free. I could be horribly wrong though.

400-500 cars could take around 2 years or less if they arrive every month.
...and this will probably be the time needed for the next GT installment :)

look at 1:15 . You can see a race with cars and bikes on the same track. Wonder if this is what Kaz think about bikes on a future GT Game.

...would be nice to have that in game, but... imagine todays Daily race on N24 with cars and bikes at the same time, I think bikes have no life lol.

Would like to see multi-class race in Daily though...

Cheers...

Name me games titled in foreign languages that aren't japanized anime/otaku themed or use common greek/latin words themed sold in the west. I own over 1000 games since the ps1 and can't think of any. Oh except racing games that came out after Granturismo trying to capitalize on its success. Heck even Games released in Japan IN ENGLISH are localized into a different name Rockman -> Megaman, Biohazard -> Resident evil

Would you like a hand moving those goalposts?

I've mentioned this in other posts: I think that the DLC after March will be paid, meaning that the next two rounds of DLC will be free. I could be horribly wrong though.

Oh, plenty of people have mentioned a similar idea, no doubt due to the March timeline. I agree it's a possibility, but it seems like an odd one to me; starting a paid DLC program six months after release is missing out on a prime time in terms of player base. Then again, perhaps Sony/PD have crunched the numbers and that makes the most sense.

Alternately, maybe it'll continue to be free, and the team is banking on the appeal of the add-ons to drive further sales of the game. GT does typically have longer legs sales-wise than most other titles.

Oh, plenty of people have mentioned a similar idea, no doubt due to the March timeline. I agree it's a possibility, but it seems like an odd one to me; starting a paid DLC program six months after release is missing out on a prime time in terms of player base. Then again, perhaps Sony/PD have crunched the numbers and that makes the most sense.

Alternately, maybe it'll continue to be free, and the team is banking on the appeal of the add-ons to drive further sales of the game. GT does typically have longer legs sales-wise than most other titles.

...well, after this announcement it is a bit different situation, maybe there will be some big payed DLC pack later on, but it is much more logical now. Kaz said they are already developing next GT, what do you think, how much different will it be compared to GTS, I am pretty sure it will be same game, with added on things that previous GT installments had. So basically, all of us, that wanna have old GT, will buy this next GT, doesn't matter if it is anything different that GTS, TBH I own all GT games and respective consoles, just because GT.
So there is your payed DLC, or season pass, or whatever you wanna call it.
PD will simply put every month new cars to the GTS up until the release of new game, and that game will have every car that GTS has, and you'll pay for it... again...

Cheers...

...well, after this announcement it is a bit different situation, maybe there will be some big payed DLC pack later on, but it is much more logical now. Kaz said they are already developing next GT, what do you think, how much different will it be compared to GTS, I am pretty sure it will be same game, with added on things that previous GT installments had. So basically, all of us, that wanna have old GT, will buy this next GT, doesn't matter if it is anything different that GTS, TBH I own all GT games and respective consoles, just because GT.
So there is your payed DLC, or season pass, or whatever you wanna call it.
PD will simply put every month new cars to the GTS up until the release of new game, and that game will have every car that GTS has, and you'll pay for it... again...

Cheers...
I thought so.

Yes please make this happen us biker fans need a proper motorcycle game any thing involving motorcycles I completely support 100% I wanna see motorcycles in a gt game before I die.
+1 It would be nice if I didn’t have to buy a new wheel and console to play the next GT as well!!!

I don't see why it isn't possible for new games to be developed whilst current games undergo post-launch support - in fact, I've always assumed that's kind of how it works. Once a game is released, does the entire team just work on bug fixing and optimization post launch, or do some of the senior the programmers start working on/experimenting with new versions of the physics or lighting models? Do the artists work strictly on DLC assets, or do they start making things designed for future iterations/hardware? The latter of both of those don't seem unreasonable or concerning to me in any way.

The only concerns I generally have with these sorts of statements is how long developers intend to support the current game(s). And with PD, I don't feel much concern. While additional content on GT5 and 6 was pretty thin and often lackluster, both games had a solid 2-3 years of active support, and GTS (even though a lot of stuff is returning content) has already had almost as much stuff added in the first 4-ish months than either PS3 game did in two years, and it looks like there'll be a steady stream for some time.

This may be the first time in my time with GT that I actually look forward to rather than worry about what PD does next.

Back