Kaz at Taipei Game Show: GT7 in production, more content for GTS and more

bikes are welcome! it will add fun aspect in future! talking about fun, drift smoke and "digital (start/stop)air symbols" has to be fixed,replay looks ridiculous!

I've never bought a car pack DLC for Driveclub. Though, bikes DLC were something totally new and I've bought it without any hesitation.
Well you have missed out on a lot of great content. I purchased all the DLC cars for DriveClub and most are very suitable inclusions. It's what me kept playing the game for over a year. I thoroughly enjoyed the extra content. In contrast to what you've done, I never purchased DriveClub Bikes; I for one didn't have the money and I'd moved on from DriveClub at that point. Nor did I see reason for keeping it completely separate from the cars. Heck, it should've been called RideClub:lol:

noone cares for bikes and cars in a GT title never mind what you might think or what Kaz might say bikes are bikes and cars are cars its like oil and water and never the twain shall meet ...
Have you not been reading any of the posts in this thread? If this is anything to go by, you obviously haven't... Or else you wouldn't say anything like this.

So no one person here (*without naming names) cares for any one elses viewpoint here unless you are moto fanboys only. Why can't I read all of a sudden? It's ignorant and lack of respect for one another that gives the net (and yourself) a bad name. People seem to want to re interpret the meaning of words too it seems...living in their own delusions. Bikes have no place in GT don't remember seeing them in Mille Miglia or Rallies so I don't want to see them in a game based on Gran Touring (racing cars in a nutshell) heritage etc the logic is flawed there is no reason for it other than whimsy.

So no one person here (*without naming names) cares for any one elses viewpoint here unless you are moto fanboys only. Why can't I read all of a sudden? It's ignorant and lack of respect for one another that gives the net (and yourself) a bad name. People seem to want to re interpret the meaning of words too it seems...living in their own delusions. Bikes have no place in GT don't remember seeing them in Mille Miglia or Rallies so I don't want to see them in a game based on Gran Touring (racing cars in a nutshell) heritage etc the logic is flawed there is no reason for it other than whimsy.

So, anyone who welcome the idea of motorcycles in a Gran Turismo game, they must be a "moto fanboy"? OK, your opinion is that bikes have no place in a GT game. There's no argument, it is your opinion, you own it. (<--That is called respect, take note.) Also it's true, adding radically different types of vehicles is a slippery slope and may lead to bastardization of our beloved GT franchise. But you really should read the posts in this thread -- many others like the idea of adding motos! Are they moto fanboys? Maybe, maybe not. I sincerely suggest you check your attitude -- these posts are from real players expressing their honest opinions and feelings. Seems you are not respecting that, or somehow blind to it.
Did you know we have the Tacoma X-runner and Ford Raptor pickup trucks in Gran Turismo? Laser-powered Chapparals and the Nike One hover vehicle? These are not racing vehicles, yet they are in the game. Must be flawed logic and whimsy!
Understand the point being made: Your opinion is not the only one out there. This is the exact reason why these forums exist in the first place.

I wonder how much more content is pre done, finished and being hidden for slow timed releases besides the 50 we're getting before the end of March. Obviously cars and tracks I know. It would be nice to see some new and old car brands brought to GT Sport ideally more road cars DLC like we have been given just recently. I wonder how many more of the 50 cars will be road or racing. Interesting.

I haven't seen bikes and GT cars IRL so it seems to be a virtual exercise. I'm not opposed to motorbikes per se. I have an aversion to hypocrisy It may be more fun and it may be right up your alley but as I stated earlier because something can be done doesn't mean it should be done. Don't be so literal and interpret my words as you see fit. Its a point of view, not a hard held opinion I won't move from or I'm prepared to die for. I'm not that single minded. On several threads I've been singled out by several members for rants and it seems complaints. Perhaps the same message about respecting the views of other people could be made without one party having to get complaints its a bit childish.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1103429.html

We need somebody to translate this ASAP guys.

This is a japanese interview from the Taipei Game Show 2018.

Here's what I got from it:

Basically, PD started to work on next GT since the launch of GT Sport, they don't know if they call it GT7 as of now.

More content is in development, they would like to do a next TT game although cars are priority.

More tuning and customization options to come in the next GT.

More new cars (those which didn't appear in previous GTs) are coming to GTS in the future updates.

Time trail will be compatible with PS VR in future.

This could have been in GTS. They got it wrong by wasting time on scapes, rally, fake rally cars, history in the UI, Tokyo and horrible quality decals.

Midnight Club wasn't too bad with them mixed together, even if they weren't mixed in GT it'd help to prevent me buying 2 games. :lol:

I haven't seen bikes and GT cars IRL so it seems to be a virtual exercise. I'm not opposed to motorbikes per se.

Even though it's not under race conditions, when the Nurburgring runs publicly the two can be found among each other.

Midnight Club wasn't too bad with them mixed together, even if they weren't mixed in GT it'd help to prevent me buying 2 games. :lol:

Even though it's not under race conditions, when the Nurburgring runs publicly the two can be found among each other.

Nurburgring is a public road ...

The SudSchlieffe or whats better known as the GP track is privately owned. (since 1980's) Its a racetrack. The Nordschlieffe (green hell) is a public road its open to anyone with a road legal car if you buy a ticket to do laps (toll) subject to German traffic laws. More a case of when its closed for racing cars I think :banghead:

I really hope the next GT game is not coming for the PS4/PS4 Pro because i actually want to have native 4k/60 and not checkerboard 1800p upscaled to 4k again. GT Sport looks overall great and feels great but 1-2 years from now the same resolution would not cut it anymore, and you already can see trickery going on to have this game running as it is on the Pro. I think its pretty sure that a PS5 will hit the market 2019 or 2020 and a GT game takes at least 3-4 years (and thats them being fast) to make, so i think its relatively safe to assume that we will not see another GT game on the current gen.

I really hope the next GT game is not coming for the PS4/PS4 Pro because i actually want to have native 4k/60 and not checkerboard 1800p upscaled to 4k again. GT Sport looks overall great and feels great but 1-2 years from now the same resolution would not cut it anymore, and you already can see trickery going on to have this game running as it is on the Pro. I think its pretty sure that a PS5 will hit the market 2019 or 2020 and a GT game takes at least 3-4 years (and thats them being fast) to make, so i think its relatively safe to assume that we will not see another GT game on the current gen.
If PS5 hit the stores in holidays 2020, it can be the GT6 situation all over again.

I'd really like that, but every PS had 2 games, ...there is high probbability that PS4 will have 2 GT games too...

but they had GT 5 to build upon.
GTS has not even 40% of the content of GT5, so not sure how fast they can produce assets to release a game 2,5 years from now.

...they'll just reuse current assets for next game, that was the plan as far as I understood Kaz :)

...they'll just reuse current assets for next game, that was the plan as far as I understood Kaz :)
and there would be nothing wrong with it as i think assets in GTS are good.
my point was, there is not that much in GTS to build a GT7 on top of it than it was in GT5 to build GT6 on top of it. especially not in 2 years.
but i guess we'll see.
after all i am just glad the next GT is in the works.

and there would be nothing wrong with it as i think assets in GTS are good.
my point was, there is not that much in GTS to build a GT7 on top of it than it was in GT5 to build GT6 on top of it. especially not in 2 years.
but i guess we'll see.
after all i am just glad the next GT is in the works.

...I have a strange feeling that GT7 (probably) was in works from the same day as GTS is... and basically we will get a game that content vise is similar to GT6 with all it's features, where GTS is more eSports oriented and/or just here to please players that they have next GT...
Then again, PD has large team, and it is part of Sony, so if man power is needed, I think they can get it. But then again, they did build GTS from 0 up, and they are doing it on and on, with content we are getting, and engine vise, it is a huge improvement over GT6 engine, but still, it is a lot of time waisted on some things that racing game really doesn't need, on other hand, some basic things are not in it...

...I have a strange feeling that GT7 (probably) was in works from the same day as GTS is... and basically we will get a game that content vise is similar to GT6 with all it's features, where GTS is more eSports oriented and/or just here to please players that they have next GT...

That would be nice actually. Some GT7 coming fall 2019, why not :)

GT Sport is getting better with updates. But still misses many things a GT must include. Especially old fantasy tracks like Deep Forest, Grand Valley, Trial Mountain, Seattle, El Capitan, SSR11 and 5, but also real tracks like Le Mans or Laguna Seca. Maybe a new GT on PS4 could bring it. I would prefer fictional tracks and special real tracks like Pikes Peak and Isle of Man. It is funnier and wilder than boring F1/WEC approved real tracks with flat areas and grass like Monza. Monza apart, real tracks choice in GT sport was good so far.

Back