Kaz interview on Eurogamer - Standards are here to stay! Poll added

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,699 comments

Kaz says the standards are going to be in GT7. Is this a deal breaker for you?

• If standards are in GT7, I'm out.

Votes: 171 19.5%
  • I will buy GT7 regardless.

Votes: 498 56.9%
  • On the fence, I'll wait for the reviews and then decide.

Votes: 206 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I do respect the fact they are keeping the entire 1,000+ of cars (unlike T10 with F5), BUT GT7 should not be released on the PS4 until ALL the cars are premium. Even if that takes several more years. Just my opinion.

I do respect the fact they are keeping the entire 1,000+ of cars (unlike T10), BUT GT7 should not have been released on the PS4 until ALL the cars are premium. Even if that took several more years.

Why not have both? GT7 in one or two years time for the people that aren't disgusted by them, with GT8 arriving in several years with 800+ premium cars. Those that hate standards will be able to pretend that GT7 never existed. Win win?

I play the same "GT4 car selection" in FOUR titles: GT4, GTPSP, GT5 and GT6... that's enough!

Many GT4 cars now make no sense (Eg. Mazda 6 concept... a preview of the first generation Mazdaspeed ver., now is out the third gen), have two types of quality among the cars is a game design suicide, put car models of two generations ago is a perfect assist for criticism.
Gran Turismo 4 in terms of gaming experience was gorgeous because it was a solid/homogenous project. I hope that the next Gran Turismo will be a solid project without big difference in quality among the contents.
For consumers quality prevails over quantity, Gran Turismo 3 was "fresh", it ships nearly 15 million units worldwide...

I want a fresh experience from Gran Turismo 7, the franchise must leave the past behind, I don't want the standards.

Kaz, why bother with standard cars?

We already have a game for that. Its called Grid Autosport.

(Seriously. PS2 cars for PS4 is embaressing at its fullest even if its with upgraded textures. Just:
Let-it-Go_0.jpg

)

I was gutted when the Jensen Interceptor was one of a handful of cars that didn't make gt6. If they took all standards away because it's a choice between new premium models over upgrading standard models or obviously cutting them completely I'd be devastated. Obviously this is a selfish point of view as I drive wholly "classic" cam. I honestly flick to cockpit view and quickly have a gander and then flick straight back out. So I'll buy gt7 regardless, and like many a ps4 just because of gt.
I'll be buying a new wheel, console (or pc) and game. I'm very much looking forward to driving an awesome game, whichever one it may be. I am kind of hoping it will be GT7 because of the familiarity, but that will not influence my decision.

Why not have both? GT7 in one or two years time for the people that aren't disgusted by them, with GT8 arriving in several years with 800+ premium cars. Those that hate standards will be able to pretend that GT7 never existed. Win win?
When ALL 1,000+ cars are premium in the GT series, THATS when I will consider the next GT. This I guarantee wont happen for at least 5+ years.But until then I am officially 100% done with GT.

Standard cars must go, I really thought it was going to be a temporary GT5 first game on PS3 type thing but your telling me they are never going to disappear 2+ games on, that’s truly terrible.

Having 2004 models in a 201X game absolutely crazy especially from an AAA first party developer.

PD have the accolade of being the only developer who has managed to have cars which are of a different graphical within one game. A feat which other developers big and small have managed to avoid.

They should be totally focused on getting all cars Premium, if that means cutting down the Standard conversion list or ditching them all together so be it. If people want to play the standards they can pick up GT4, 5 or 6.

But it literally is a vocal minority. People that are happy or indifferent about standards staying outnumber those that are disappointed by nearly four to one, despite the heavily biased and leading question used and answers provided.

I'll agree to call it minority for now, but I'm certain as we get closer to GT7 this won't go away that is quite possibly the worst thing he could have said. It's the fact that we have them from PlayStation 2 era a decade ago WHO DOES THAT!

There are more important things like A.I, but trust and believe even on PS3 those standard cars were eye sores.

If they make the PS4 standards to at least the "Semi-Premium 2.0" level (like the RUFs, R390, and the Superbird but with very clean textures and actual, next-gen worthy 3D windows, windshields, doors, fully working low/high beam and reverse lights, etc.) then I would be completely fine with that. As long as the visual and audio fidelity is up to par with PS4 standards for the tracks and the rest of the premium cars, I have no problem buying GT7. If they don't deliver on all these fronts though, GT7 will be bargain bin material for me. Revamp the standards to near premium quality or bust.

Again, the career mode and AI are all gameplay factors I really want to see overhauled as well, but the recent partnership with the FIA will likely affect that, so I remain optimistic. If A-Spec turns out to be the same mindless zombiefest, well, there's always online for me.

Last edited:
Save you credits don't buy them don't drive them , you have a choice no one forces you to use these cars.

Poll is to biased towards negativity. It's like who's better Stalin or Hitler

For GT7 maybe PD should add the standards to the game as a post-release DLC for free. So then, if you don't like then don't download !
This is what I have said before.

Now my thought is, the best compromise would be to build the single player game around showing premiums only, but players have the option to enable showing standards if they like. They could even have an option to show/hide them on a car by car basis. So then the game would still use only premium content, but if you enable standards you can see them in the dealership and use them in game. AI will still be premium only. Online, room hosts can have an option to exclude standards from entering.

Side note, I would like to address the logical fallacy I keep seeing about "you don't need all X cars because you are never going to like/drive all of them.". The reason we need so many cars is that everyone has different likes. It is not meant for any one of us to like and drive them all, but to make sure that list includes a suitable amount for everyone.

Same exact stance I have had since before GT5 was released.

So until every single car, including every duplicate and all of the concept models of ordinary family cars some of which are 10+ years old, are converted to premium, you will not buy another Gran Turismo? Then I guess it's goodbye

Haven't we been doing that with GT6 or I thought until Standards showed up again.

Funnily enough, I would rather have cars in GT2 converted to Premium than some of the Standards which exist today. GT2 had by far the best car list with every manufacturer getting a nice cross section of the range.

Standard's were the reason (and also livery editor) I wasn't really interested in GT5, haven't bought GT6 and now probably won't be buying into the franchise again!

My PS2 works fine. I don't need a PS4 and GT7 to play with PS2 cars.

and indeed the PS3 and GT5 & GT6. People who love the standards can still play them on the PS3.

Anyway I'm sure the standards are going to be the least of GT7's problems going on past form, sorry to be so negative but this is what PD have taught me.

Haven't we been doing that with GT6 or I thought until Standards showed up again.

Fair point, hopefully GT7 will have an 'opt out' of standards function.

Bad decision Kaz. It's not funny.

Cherry pick the best standards and produce premium versions. Get rid of the rest.

For the millionth time, not a bad decision according to the poll, despite it being biased.

Already bought this up in the Reddit thread, but I'll say it here too:

Again, how is this total confirmation that they are in without question? At most, it implies they are being considered and the data from them are being kept, but its not automatically confirmed they are in 100%. I think people really need to stop jumping to conclusions, it never helps nor ends well and in this case, its gone horribly wrong.

There's still a bigger chance of them being in than not. And the fact that we know for sure now that Kaz is considering putting them in is what has got people freaking out.

So as we witness here, generosity from Kaz isnt enough to pay the "debt of the fans" which is the promised features. People just didnt care. The bad WILL ALWAYS outrun the good.

Lesson learned kids. Debt is bad for you, REALLY BAD.

So until every single car, including every duplicate and all of the concept models of ordinary family cars some of which are 10+ years old, are converted to premium, you will not buy another Gran Turismo? Then I guess it's goodbye
Yup officially goodbye to the GT series. Its nothing personal and I am not mad, but its where I stand with the series. I will stick around the forums and keep an eye on the updates for GT6 and GT7. Plus I communicate with many members about other topics on this site too. Its honestly the best site I have ever been on. I will still play GT6 but that's just it for me. Still a great site and no reason leave GTP. :) :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Reactions: VBR
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back