Kaz interview on Eurogamer - Standards are here to stay! Poll added

• Thread starter Johnnypenso
  • 1,699 comments

Kaz says the standards are going to be in GT7. Is this a deal breaker for you?

• If standards are in GT7, I'm out.

Votes: 171 19.5%
  • I will buy GT7 regardless.

Votes: 498 56.9%
  • On the fence, I'll wait for the reviews and then decide.

Votes: 206 23.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because I thought you had forza 5 in mind. Also remember it took tons of dlc for forza to reach that number, and tbh I think both gt6 and fm5 are more detailed than forza 4
(I love forza 4 though please don't hurt me :nervous:)
Yes, Forza 4's models aren't as good as GT's premiums but they were a great basis for T10 to start with for nextgen, and I imagine for Forza 6 we'll get the majority of FM4's car list back. But really I'm disappointed with the news of standards for GT7, not even taking Forza into account, Driveclub is gonna make GT7 look very outdated. If they can't be bothered to chuck the old cars away, I don't expect them to chuck terrible stuff like Trial Mountain and Laguna Seca away.

I get you pain guys, but look at all the other stuff he's now addressing. IMO, that more than makes up for standards in gt7.

We could all ask him to reconsider as well

After all he has started listening to us! :)

Except after GT5 he said they would improve the sounds for GT6, Improve the AI for GT6, etc...

PD have been promising a lot of things for many many years and they hardly ever keep them. It reminds me of the film "Mars Attacks" when the aliens keep saying "We come in peace" and then blow everyone away, over & over again lol

Yes, Forza 4's models aren't as good as GT's premiums but they were a great basis for T10 to start with for nextgen, and I imagine for Forza 6 we'll get the majority of FM4's car list back. But really I'm disappointed with the news of standards for GT7, not even taking Forza into account, Driveclub is gonna make GT7 look very outdated. If they can't be bothered to chuck the old cars away, I don't expect them to chuck terrible stuff like Trial Mountain and Laguna Seca away.
Driveclub only has 50 cars to make high quality. Much smaller ask.

@mr_serious he never said engine sounds would be in gt6

I get you pain guys, but look at all the other stuff he's now addressing. IMO, that more than makes up for standards in gt7.

We could all ask him to reconsider as well

After all he has started listening to us! :)
Pardon? What is he addressing??

Well it's not like forgoing standards would result in an increase in premiums. For the sake of consistency I can see why getting rid of them is popular. End of the day, why the hell not have them really, even if, when sat next to a premium, they look like a dog crapping in a plant pot next to a fully grown rose-bush.

But sure it will be an interesting comparison if GT7 and FM6 both release in 2015. Forza most certainly will.

Except the standard cars would be mixed into the game, just like GT5/6, meaning I'd have no choice but to see the jarring, low quality models. Plus, are we really going to have this interior view on a 2015, PS4 game?

2013_11_29_4_49_57_zps3257d3ae.png

Really, astonishing this is acceptable to some people.

I don't use cockpit view, has nothing to do with standards either. I do not like the view. Some cars are not to bad but most have visibility issues and with the default position it feels like you are in the back seat in many of them and if you move forward you loose some or all visibility of the mirrors.

I would much rather have those standard cars as premium of course but I would much rather have them as standards than not have them at all.

I would say it is a good decision.

You already have those on the PS3. Do you still want them on the PS4?
And why not? You are just talking about getting those cars out of the game because "they aren't as good as the others"? If you don't like them, don't use them. There are people that worry more about other things rather than graphics...

As I have read, the "standards" are staying in the GT series, not as new cars, but as an archive of cars in GTs of the past. Kaz has said that PD is concentrated on increasing the number of detailed cars though.

inconceivable.jpg

Because I simply love those cars and I want to have them in the game.

Removing Standards would mean 500 cars (here is to you Samus :)) less.

Keeping Standards does not mean that Premiums and creation of new cars will be compromised. Modelers are making only new cars since 2009.

I seriously think all of people that want Standards out are very egocentric towards other group. You will be having your Premiums this way or another and ALL new cars introduced in the future will be Premiums. But you are absolutely neglecting the group that can live with the Standard cars just because you don' like them. While the other group have nothing against having both.

I don't know.

Well Amar, I usually see you as the voice of reason in this Forum, but here I have to completely disagree with you.
The standard cars were barely acceptable by the time of GT5 but porting them to GT7 is absolutely intolerable. One could even say, that now by the time of GT6, were they got rid of the standard/premium terminology, we almost hit the point of false advertising. What must one think if he saw all promotion pictures of premium cars, only to find that his beloved DeLorean looks like a painted prick?

If they want to keep the archive, fine. Then they have to invest the time and the money to put it up to date. They can be lucky that they got so much mileage out of those models anyway. If they don't want to do it by themselves, they can choose some of the models for Premium treatment and give the rest to a third party company for updating.

My opinion is PD should find out what the top standard cars are and spend some extra time before releasing GT7 to upgrade those cars to standard, or a portion of those cars. Maybe that's stupid, but they already look bad on the PS3. Having them in the game isn't going to stop me from buying it, playing it or enjoying it though...

Is poor quality modelling acceptable on the PS: No
Is it possible to replace all the poor models with premium ones, in a realistic amount of time: No
Will there be less variety with half the car count: Yes

I don't like it that the models are only standards, but it's that or yet more grids of the same old cars lined up.

I would literally pay $500 for the game if everything was made into a premium (and we had an E30 M3 :D)

Here's a question, how many cars will GT7 have then? It'll probably be somewhere in the 1400 range correct? That's insane...

Yes, if you focus on the numbers alone it's insane. I could create a game with 5000 cars, that would be even more insane but until I tell you what they are it's just a number. It could be a great collection, it could be crap. Same deal with this fixation on "over 1000 cars" in GT. It matters more what they are, not how many there are.

What he means is people will still buy the game.
I know I'm telling everyone off for moaning but I too don't really want standard cars. However I don't believe it should stop you from buying the game.

Likewise if this was the other way around people in support of standards would still buy the game. Which side is the larger number, those in favour who won't buy it or those not in favour who won't buy it? We'll have to see.

Is poor quality modelling acceptable on the PS: No
Is it possible to replace all the poor models with premium ones, in a realistic amount of time: No
Will there be less variety with half the car count: Yes

I don't like it that the models are only standards, but it's that or yet more grids of the same old cars lined up.

I would literally pay $500 for the game if everything was made into a premium (and we had an E30 M3 :D)
Well let's not go too far :scared:

What he means is people will still buy the game.
I know I'm telling everyone off for moaning but I too don't really want standard cars. However I don't believe it should stop you from buying the game.

No the abysmal AI and terrible single player mode will probably do that anyway :(

Yes, if you focus on the numbers alone it's insane. I could create a game with 5000 cars, that would be even more insane but until I tell you what they are it's just a number. It could be a great collection, it could be crap. Same deal with this fixation on "over 1000 cars" in GT. It matters more what they are, not how many there are.

Yes that's true, but we already know what most of them will be...I was simply saying that having 1400 cars in a video game is hard to even fathom.

Can't say this comes as a surprise, since Kaz said a couple of times he wants GT to be like an automotive encyclopedia. However, I also feel that proponents and opponents portray the choice of having standards or not to be a little too binary/black & white. You could also have a way in between where the standards are kept in game, but some of the really bad models or dupes are pruned, or polished up a bit so the difference isn't that obvious. Have the best of both ways. IMO, pruning/upgrading is necessary as technology advances from one platform to the next, but it's certainly no reason to throw them all out.

Either way, Kaz/PD made their choice here, so people can decide for themselves wether they stick with GT or not. Personally, my motivation for buying the next GT are not based on Standards (there are far more important issues to address IMO).

People are so disgusted by the fact that they will see standards from afar, or for a fleeting moment as they overtake them travelling about 60mph faster, that they're demanding that hundreds of cars that are most probably only represented by the GT series be binned. You'd have thought that GT, a real car enthusiast's game, would have a fanbase that first and foremost would want as wide a variety of cars to be represented as possible, but apparently not.

I couldn't Vote because there wasn't a answer without negativity attached

This.

Last edited:
No the abysmal AI and terrible single player mode will probably do that anyway :(
I think the reason I love gt6 is because I don't have the same problems as others,
Ai and single player don't affect me.
I literally get months of joy out of just driving the cars I love in this game, it's truly magic.
And I like enjoying my cars with friends online as well.
This moethod I play gt and other driving games with is the reason gt7 is an immediate buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest Posts

Back