Kaz just said that we can expect many updates in the next weeks/months...

Ok, good they will patch. And I expect it to be weekly, lol. But what about our HDD space? I only have 50 G left. With all his patches, how are we supposed to budget our HDD for that? Stuff that should have been on original disc. I thought there would be one or two tiny issues on release date, but this train didnt pull into the station gracefully, its a total trainwreck right now.

Enough with the tunnel vision Kaz, make a well rounded great game, instead of putting all your effort into something most of us dont care that much about, seeing nuts and bolts literally in detail.

So, everyone who had Kaz's back with all these delays saying "Well, at least he cares and the product will be completed when we finally get it". How do you feel about it now?

::Gets in line to punch Kaz in the face::

Exactly, the front end of this game is a epic mess. Especially given the time they had to complete it. How do you miss 60+ second menu load times? :ouch:

Just hope he changes the used car system. Right now it feels like there are 800 cars in the game you have to be lucky enough to stumble across. There are some 40'ish in the used car dealership at anyone time... Would be great if that were a bit more oversightful, and were a little less random.

Exactly, the front end of this game is a epic mess. Especially given the time they had to complete it. How do you miss 60+ second menu load times? :ouch:

Probably mainly has to do with the GT5 servers being swamped. If you look at your PS3 you'll see the wifi connection light lighting up pretty steadily, and right before you go to the menu you'll see the amber HD light swoop into action.

Don't think the menus are any problem, though they do look disorganised :)

-Z

You guys got me all worried about the standards for a while before release, but y'know what... you're all wrong. They don't look terrible. Sure you can tell the difference, and zooming in reveals a bunch of low textures and jaggies, but in the heat of the race they're absolutely fine. In a way I'm grateful, because the game is now better than I expected it to be after GTPlanet forum members kindly lowered my expectations.

Servers need to get fixed though.

Just hope he changes the used car system.

Don't think the menus are any problem, though they do look disorganised :)

-Z
It would be nice to have a better overview of used cars, I agree.
But the menus are totally up to personal preference. I think they're awesome, with a few strange areas.
But overall I think it's a lot like previous GT menus, in how they feel, how fast (slow) they work, and so on.
For looks, I think it looks very good, which is also a personal preference.

You guys got me all worried about the standards for a while before release, but y'know what... you're all wrong. They don't look terrible. Sure you can tell the difference, and zooming in reveals a bunch of low textures and jaggies, but in the heat of the race they're absolutely fine. In a way I'm grateful, because the game is now better than I expected it to be after GTPlanet forum members kindly lowered my expectations.

Servers need to get fixed though.

You and I seem to share the same view on the game. People need to appreciate it more! :)
instead of being ungrateful bastards... jk ;P

I haven't checked all the 800 standard cars, so I wouldn't know if they look horrible. But seriously, while the 200 premium cars look fantastic (and 200 is by no means a little number), I don't think the standard ones look terrible. I think they're pretty comparable to Forza cars actually, from what I've seen of screenshots from Forza. And that's the big competitor.

Haven't tried online at all. What's so horrible about it?

Mechanical damage, I'll give you that, but I was never aware it would be a big focus in GT5, so I haven't been hyped on that.

The damage I think is great actually. I don't mind that my car can't get completely smashed as in some other games, as I won't be trying to crash my cars in GT5. The damage that's there, I don't think is bad.
Take a look at this for example. Took the pic myself, after i had run into the wall during a race. I didn't nearly hit it head on, and it wasn't at a very fast speed either.
I think the damage is doing quite well for what it's trying to do. Which isn't completely ruining a car as in Burnout for example.

And I haven't had a go with premium cars in the tuning shop. Have you?

Saying it's rushed is a little harsh I think. After all, it's just a racing game.
It's not the new christ finally revealing himself.
It's just the new GT, and so far, I really like it.

Edit:
I'm not saying the game is flawless, and I do think that it's moronic, as someone else put it, that damage is unlocked at player levels. In arcade, in which i took the above screenshot, it's all there.
Also, as i said, I think it's weird that the game doesn't have such a standard feature as FF/RW during replays.
What I'm saying is, people have hyped themselves to such a degree they see GT5 as the Messiah of gaming. If anything's wrong with the game, it's very wrong - and that's where i disagrees.
Some thing's are wrong, some are moronic, but what it's all about is GREAT - and that's driving.
Hearing Kaz speak about updates the way he did, gives me hope that the game will improve on the flaws that are there atm.

The problem with the standard cars are the textures, have a close look at a few, especially the racing ones with decals on, its like theyre simply ported from gt4! The models themselves are slightly better but the sound and physics are good. Plus not being able to change the wheels on standard cars is rediculous, could've at least given us that! :(

The problem with the standard cars are the textures, have a close look at a few, especially the racing ones with decals on, its like theyre simply ported from gt4! The models themselves are slightly better but the sound and physics are good. Plus not being able to change the wheels on standard cars is rediculous, could've at least given us that! :(

Haven't seen the standard cars with decals. Maybe you're right, but it's not gonna have a big impact on my opinion of GT5.
So far, the more I'm playing it, the more i seem to like the game.

Totally agree with you on the rims though. Don't see why they couldn't do it on standard cars.
Seems like a simple job with some "standard looking" rims, being auto-applied to the wheels of any standard car.

One of the things that bothers me the most, is that they didn't make the Veyron a premium car.
If ANY car in the world deserved being made premium, it's the Veyron. whether or not you like it personally, you can't deny that it's a technical masterpiece, and by such, it deserves to be premium.

We have noticed that the game ain't perfect, it takes time to load, no big deal damages, crappy carlist, standards sucks and all the song and dance. But still, is there any other peer game on any console that you would buy and play instead?

Some of the cars have the wrong descriptions. For example the Corvette Convertible '54 has a description for a Silverado SST pickup. That was the first car I clicked on in the used car dealership too. o_o

there is damage, it just needs to be unlocked according to your level...

Yeah, and that is a terrible idea. Why would anyone possibly think that would be a good addition to a racing sim? If you drive like a jerk, your car being totaled should push you get better immediately or turn damage down/off (if the option were given). That is of course if this "sim-level" damage really exists in the game (and not crashing a rally car into the wall for an hour).

Let's just wait... People asked for GT5 now. They gave us what they had.

And what they had clearly wasn't finished. I tried to tell myself that 800 standards wouldn't be that big a deal but really...they could've put the work into 400 premiums and released DLC like Forza instead of giving us 800 last-gen quality cars (many of them duplicates).

Nobody think like that. But most people (me included) didn't wanted to wait more 2 years.

I was fine waiting. When I'd heard about it being delayed I was under the impression that they were going all out to push the PS3 to it's very limit much like Kojima did with MGS4. The internet was screaming for it while Forza 2 and 3 came out and I don't think too many diehards moved away from GT to Forza permanently. We would've purchased it whenever it came out (unless it was delayed into the next generation of consoles which was never going to happen).

So, let's just wait for the updates.

I think I'm finished paying full price for games that aren't done on launch day and come with the promise of patches in the future. It's ridiculous. 5 years man. 5 years.

I haven't been on this site very long so in case I need to say it, like everyone else here, I am a MASSIVE GT fan. And this is a big letdown. I figured that this would, as did everyone else, that it would incorporate the very best qualities of the myriad racing sims that have come out since GT4 and put that PD spin on them, but it really just feels like regular old GT with a slightly fresher coat of paint.

You might say, well then, take your copy back and don't play it...and that's what I think I might do until I read about some of these fixes that are forthcoming.

5 years...

We have noticed that the game ain't perfect, it takes time to load, no big deal damages, crappy carlist, standards sucks and all the song and dance. But still, is there any other peer game on any console that you would buy and play instead?

Forza 3. I know that might not be well-received here and I was initially on the "screw Forza, GT all the way" train. I think I might give it a closer look now because I seriously didn't specifically because I knew GT5 was on the horizon and much like Kojima (as I said earlier), PD know what they're doing. Unforunately they've done what was awesome 5 years ago and seemed to ignore many of the gameplay advances that have come about recently.

So whats the point in GT6 if they just can keep DLCing GT5?

I just got the game- weather or not it will be good or not I purchased it so Ill get my moneys out of it.

No one forced anyone to purchase the game. If you don't like it- please look into FM3. Maybe it might fulfill what you look for in a racing sim.

So whats the point in GT6 if they just can keep DLCing GT5?

I just got the game- weather or not it will be good or not I purchased it so Ill get my moneys out of it.

No one forced anyone to purchase the game. If you don't like it- please look into FM3. Maybe it might fulfill what you look for in a racing sim.

Uhmmm...no it wont fulfill it...not for me at least. Fortunately I don't have to play it anymore as a substitute, now that GT5 is out :)

By Jordan on GTPlanet twitter, btw congrats Jordan and enjoy the party man! :) :

"Yamauchi says many updates coming to GT5 in coming weeks and months."

That's good news and just what I expected from them. :) So, what you think that may be? Fixes, of course and DLCs :) Lets talk about and comment the news...

Thanks for sharing!

There's a lot of work left on GT5 so fixes are bound to be comming.

DLCs are probably further down the road, we should at least get to dig through the 200 cars that were included in the game before we should be recieving any more :dopey:

Fixes first! Such as the units...

Just read this

With GT5 finally releasing today, Yamauchi-san also responded to criticism of the online feature set, revealing to Eurogamer, "Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking – [they're] all planned in the process of evolution."

During a stage presentation earlier in the evening, Yamauchi pledged that his team would be "upgrading every week, every month" to improve the game, which took five years to develop.

Yamauchi described the game as a "pet" that his team had "nourished and looked after," paying special tribute to fans, "all of whom have helped and supported us to develop Gran Turismo."

Beneath a video screen slogan which read: "Today is not the finale. Today is only the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo," the series creator insisted that his team's work on the project was far from complete.

I want so much to believe that is as good as it sounds, but honestly at this point after all Kaz and PD have doneI am inclined to not get too hopeful... I could well see these updates not being that common really and not addressing a lot of the things we want addressed...

We'll see though!

Maybe a patch that will bring interior to all standards... hahaha joke.

The major problem i see in GT5, is that it isn´t in my ps3 yet... :P

Well yeah, the brakes, the s13 bug, axis deadzones, and some cockpits for the ae86`s since the ft86 already has one :P

Delighted to read about the leaderboards coming. Whilst at the moment im obviously just concentrating on getting single player finished there will come a time when I want to hotlap and race online.

Is visual damage getting fixed? I can smash my car up proper, but at the end of the race, the car is looking brand new again. Which is also the reason I don't see the need for the Car Wash feature. Why spend the money on a car thats all ready perfect clean?

offically support G27 Wheel, or at least allow us to change button config on them.

It annoying me that half the buttons on steering wheel are going unused and that fact handbrake is really is sense unusable when it on gear shifter console ( not great when trying go round hairpins in rally cars ).

Also don't like fact i can't remap the clutch and brake pedal otherway round ( makes left foot braking a lot easier. )

This is ment to be the real driving sim yet doesn't support the market leader when it comes to top end wheel setups, what makes it even worse is offical wheel setup is made by the same company.

I want so much to believe that is as good as it sounds, but honestly at this point after all Kaz and PD have doneI am inclined to not get too hopeful... I could well see these updates not being that common really and not addressing a lot of the things we want addressed...
We'll see though!

I´m with you man. I read some things, some months ago, that Kaz was saying that they would launch another updateS por Prologue and this never happened.
The world knows that Kaz isn´t satysfied with his "pet" (and he would indeed work in GT5 easily for more 3 years or so), but 5 years is a long waiting time for the fans and for Sony.

I preferred the game as it is now, with some bugs, as to wait for more.

I would spend some heavy bucks in any DLC they would launch, for sure. 👍

Let´s just hope they release some consistent updates with a PROPER documentation release of what was done. :)

BTW, nice thread.

Back