Kaz just said that we can expect many updates in the next weeks/months...

I´m with you man. I read some things, some months ago, that Kaz was saying that they would launch another updateS por Prologue and this never happened.
The world knows that Kaz isn´t satysfied with his "pet" (and he would indeed work in GT5 easily for more 3 years or so), but 5 years is a long waiting time for the fans and for Sony.

I preferred the game as it is now, with some bugs, as to wait for more.

I would spend some heavy bucks in any DLC they would launch, for sure. 👍

Let´s just hope they release some consistent updates with a PROPER documentation release of what was done. :)

BTW, nice thread.

+1. I'm thinking the first few updates will just fix bugs here and there. I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking like new tracks or wheels for standard cars.

And as to the little (or big) bugs with damage, etc., I'm willing to bet KY was pushing to delay the game again (into 2011) until someone at Sony said "definitely not! this game is going out the door" But I don't think we'll ever know what really happened behind the scenes.

WooHoo DLC. Can't wait to spend another $40 just to make the game worth the original $60.

If you think GT5 isn't worth $60 then I don't know what is.

"With GT5 finally releasing today, Yamauchi-san also responded to criticism of the online feature set, revealing to Eurogamer, "Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking - [they're] all planned in the process of evolution."

Woot! Glad to see this. Polyphony put out a lot of patches and tweaks for GT5 Prologue. I am not happy that the game has released so unfinished but if PD does work on the game then i'll overlook the initial problems.

Yes! Matchmaking! So happy to read that. 👍 Right now, it's a mess online.

Yeah if GT5 aint worth 60 bucks, it's worth more. I don't know another game where you can make your own track with the level of detail that GT5 has.

Yeah if GT5 aint worth 60 bucks, it's worth more. I don't know another game where you can make your own track with the level of detail that GT5 has.

BUMP for the washington homie and the TRUTH 👍 i cant wait to spend another couple hundo on badass ****.

Forza 3 did the same thing with all the DLC... So I see absolutely no problem with this. As I spent plenty on Forza.........................................................................................

Forza 3 did the same thing with all the DLC... So I see absolutely no problem with this. As I spent plenty on Forza.........................................................................................

I thought you at least had an option there to pay up front for all the DLC?

Either way, it's no more right there than it is here...

And I am not so sure that these updates aren't referring to things like online tournaments and race options... which I would certainly welcome but aren't really what many of us are looking for.

WooHoo DLC. Can't wait to spend another $40 just to make the game worth the original $60.

I wouldn't say that yet. Updates doesn't mean DLC. I'd expect bug fixes, and the enabling of remote B-spec racing at the least. DLC would be a bonus if you ask me. I'm not going to hope and pray for it. I'll just be surprised and happy if there is DLC.

Hahaha.. Wow it's really never going to end is it? Now we can endlessly hope that the game will eventually become what we were all hoping for from the beginning.

They just wanted to get GT5 out to stop everyone from complaining. But, of course they're not 100% finished with these updates.

I wouldn't say that yet. Updates doesn't mean DLC. I'd expect bug fixes, and the enabling of remote B-spec racing at the least. DLC would be a bonus if you ask me. I'm not going to hope and pray for it. I'll just be surprised and happy if there is DLC.

I was somewhat kidding. The replies though are pretty fun.

I hope they fix the glitch where when you pay for a car wash for your kart it doesn't show any one hand washing it the soap just appears on it with no one around... Also whats up with the multiplayer it seems pretty bare bones to me.. I thought kaz said it was going to have depth I hope they patch that too and add rank or at least prize money for winning.....

He said will include updates and expansion. I am definitely hoping for new cars and tracks. I really dont mind paying extra even if it wasn't included in the original.

Please give us a way to kill that horrible song that plays in the tuning shop. It repeats itself every 10 seconds. It's the only song that plays on this screen and I can't find a way to turn it off (I love the rest of the menu music).

Im cool with patches updates and complimentary DLC (you could say for our now obsolete prologue copies)..

But please Forza dlc is ridiculous, new pack every month...no, however if say 6 months to a year from now they wanna add a significant number of birds(25) and skypaths(5 real world, 2 course maker themes), i could see myself tossing a few(15usd) breadcrumbs their way.

Hal you are doomed...it sucks just like corny ass GT4 auto music, i love the menu jazz but i just switch it all off now cuz of GT auto....my sanity thanks me.

If you think GT5 isn't worth $60 then I don't know what is.

5 years of work. 231 perfectly modeled cars for $60 bucks. And don't forget the tracks. Look for any 3d shop site that sells models in the quality of we have in the premium ones, and I bet you buy only 2 3d models with that money :crazy:

Just for the modelling job, its a bargain!!! If you want, you can even make your own awesome pics in photomode for using in works, etc... It IS a bargain.

I will gleefuly pay for any and all DLC released for GT5. Heres hoping that Kaz is smart enough to release a few more NASCAR cars so we can race a full 16 car field and perhaps maybe a NASCAR track or 2.

I will gleefuly pay for any and all DLC released for GT5. Heres hoping that Kaz is smart enough to release a few more NASCAR cars so we can race a full 16 car field and perhaps maybe a NASCAR track or 2.
I'm hoping for few tracks like spa and infineon.

This is one game I wouldn't mind buying a lot of DLC for. If Sony is smart they'll have plenty of new car packages lined up in the months ahead.

I'd definitely love to have some more variety of cars in GT5. After all the more the better. Also some more modification for the standards would be awesome too.

I don't want to really be paying more than 50c a car so a car pack of 20 premiums for $9.99 sounds good to me. Track pack of say 3 tracks I'd pay $14.99 for quite happily.

So, everyone who had Kaz's back with all these delays saying "Well, at least he cares and the product will be completed when we finally get it". How do you feel about it now?

::Gets in line to punch Kaz in the face::

Settle down. I can guarantee Kaz isn't the one who pushed it out the door.

Sony or someone else at PD made that decision to go to market. I can't really fault them, because Kaz would NEVER actually release a game if it was up to him. He'd just keep making it more and more perfect, until he either died or got fired.

There's a few things missing, but it's honestly still a really great game. I've played 12 hours today alone, and I've been having a great time. I can't wait to get up tomorrow and do it again.

Online will get fixed. I wasn't gonna bother with it until I got a long way through career mode anyway.

The damage may come at later levels, I'm not sure we really know everything that's going on there yet.

The used car lot rotation was a gameplay decision, and I kind of enjoy it. You can't just call up some guy who owns a car you want and tell him you're buying it, he has to want to sell it first.

I remember Kaz in an early interview say that with PDs first full game Motor Toon GP, there was alot of known issues that he said he wanted to and could have fixed but they released it anyway, and then the users found them and complained.

and Kaz vowed never to let a game go before he was totally happy with it.

But this aint Motortoon GP HD, no, this is the online age, with damage and dynamic weather systems and advanced particle and gfx, surely some things are bound to pop up, thankfully you dont have to re-release a patched game, the internet can fix millions of games within days.

And honestly guys I've seen much worse bugs\issues in much less complex games...

Back