Kaz just said that we can expect many updates in the next weeks/months...

I think any updates will just be to fix glitches in the game. Kaz was very clear that the game will ship with all features and didn't seem that interested in DLC so I'm not really expecting new cars and tracks.

What gets me is how can a game get developed for that long and then the day the game is released we are told that updates are coming? It's like admitting there are problems before anyone had even played it yet and makes me wonder how much they were pushed to release this game before Christmas 2010 and had to put it together quickly at the end.

NBH
What gets me is how can a game get developed for that long and then the day the game is released we are told that updates are coming? It's like admitting there are problems before anyone had even played it yet and makes me wonder how much they were pushed to release this game before Christmas 2010 and had to put it together quickly at the end.

Definitely feels rushed when there are so many glitches. Hopefully the patches will take care of them very soon.

Settle down. I can guarantee Kaz isn't the one who pushed it out the door.

Sony or someone else at PD made that decision to go to market. I can't really fault them, because Kaz would NEVER actually release a game if it was up to him. He'd just keep making it more and more perfect, until he either died or got fired.

There's a few things missing, but it's honestly still a really great game. I've played 12 hours today alone, and I've been having a great time. I can't wait to get up tomorrow and do it again.

Online will get fixed. I wasn't gonna bother with it until I got a long way through career mode anyway.

The damage may come at later levels, I'm not sure we really know everything that's going on there yet.

The used car lot rotation was a gameplay decision, and I kind of enjoy it. You can't just call up some guy who owns a car you want and tell him you're buying it, he has to want to sell it first.

We need to understand why the game was released now. Were PD contractually obliged to release the game now? Was the need from the public too great? Kaz wanted this game as close to perfect as it possibly could be, and the barebones of that is there, niggling faults aside. If he promises updates? It shows that he is addressing the wants and wherefores of us gamers and maybe feels like he has let us down a little. But I think that we can all agree that the game will get better and better as time goes on and mistakes are corrected.

I remember Kaz in an early interview say that with PDs first full game Motor Toon GP, there was alot of known issues that he said he wanted to and could have fixed but they released it anyway, and then the users found them and complained.

and Kaz vowed never to let a game go before he was totally happy with it.

But this aint Motortoon GP HD, no, this is the online age, with damage and dynamic weather systems and advanced particle and gfx, surely some things are bound to pop up, thankfully you dont have to re-release a patched game, the internet can fix millions of games within days.

And honestly guys I've seen much worse bugs\issues in much less complex games...

+1000. As consumers and having been subjected to delays etc. I demand fixes.

nope, there is NO mechanical damage in this game until someone proves me wrong... it's just cosmetic (like any arcade racer), so in a way useless to make drivers drive their car more realistically... and not like the usual GT way: bumping cars/taking corner at crazy speed with no consequences like in most of the videos we have seen so far.

Strange also that report on damage ceased when people reached lv20... where are these people? is there someone to prove that you can unleash a mechanical damage engine? I don't think so because it's NOT in the game right now.

However we are used to this blurry answer from the GT guru, and most of the time it's say between the line that's it is not in the final game, period. (remember the blurry answer for months with the standard car and cockpit? )

This is my first post and I felt inclined to register just to say something about this. There IS mechanical damage in this game. I got the game today, was on level 4-5 and messing around with practice in Jeff Gordon's car. After screwing around, messing with damage my car became useless. It wouldn't drive straight and wouldn't go over 60-70MPH until it would just spin out randomly. I don't know how many cars it affects, how random it is and what not. But for me, it did in fact happen. If I knew it was an issue I would have filmed it and if anyone needs proof either try on your own or I'm sure I can relive it.

The game is very playable, but still feels like it's in some kind of beta stage. This is happening with games all too often nowadays. Could it be due to the fact that modern games simply take longer to develop? Think about it -- everybody expects more -- better graphics, sounds, with more cars, tracks, and features -- all wrapped into a new game engine.

Let's just be honest here. Are there going to be fixes and new features via DLC? Sure. Are they going to be awesome? Of course? Will we see GT6 any time this decade? Probably not. I'm only half-joking.

This is my first post and I felt inclined to register just to say something about this. There IS mechanical damage in this game. I got the game today, was on level 4-5 and messing around with practice in Jeff Gordon's car. After screwing around, messing with damage my car became useless. It wouldn't drive straight and wouldn't go over 60-70MPH until it would just spin out randomly. I don't know how many cars it affects, how random it is and what not. But for me, it did in fact happen. If I knew it was an issue I would have filmed it and if anyone needs proof either try on your own or I'm sure I can relive it.

Thank you for this, much appriciated 👍. Did you have to spend hours bashing your car to get it to act differently or only a few hits?

The game is very playable, but still feels like it's in some kind of beta stage. This is happening with games all too often nowadays. Could it be due to the fact that modern games simply take longer to develop? Think about it -- everybody expects more -- better graphics, sounds, with more cars, tracks, and features -- all wrapped into a new game engine.

Let's just be honest here. Are there going to be fixes and new features via DLC? Sure. Are they going to be awesome? Of course? Will we see GT6 any time this decade? Probably not. I'm only half-joking.

I think it's developers simply relying more and more on DLC. Everyone's complaining about GT5, but F1 2010 has to be the most buggy game I've ever played. It was clear that they rushed out the release because they knew they could always fix things with DLC.

If there is mechanical damage and you need to unrealistically destroy your car by slamming into countless walls to not drive in a straight line.. It defeats the purpose of having it. Online, prologue was garbage, people slammed people off the road etc. What stops this from happening again without proper mechanical damage?

can we get something straight here this thread is getting confusing

DLC is extra content and optional
UPDATES are fixes/patches and usually compulsory but usally dont add any content to a game

can we get something straight here this thread is getting confusing

DLC is extra content and optional
UPDATES are fixes/patches and usually compulsory but usally dont add any content to a game

Not so fast. PD does it a bit different. In Prologue they gave you new cars and game fixes at the same time.

Not so fast. PD does it a bit different. In Prologue they gave you new cars and game fixes at the same time.

thats the reason i said usually. DLC is optional, you have to go looking for it more or less, an update pops up when you start the game

New Tweet from Kaz himself: "Good morning. Madrid is in the morning. Online reviews, many inconveniences've Sorry. It will improve rapidly, and wait."

I'm guessing he's saying he knows all the crap online reviews have said and if we wait it'll improve rapidly?

I know GTPlanet will keep us informed of any changes as and when they happen, so here's to waking every morning to GTPlanet set as my homepage, and checking the news page every couple of hours for new info :lol:

I love the game to pieces but there are a couple of fixes I would love to see...

Proper Logitech G25 support in the options menu.

The car actually stays idling when using H-Pattern gears.

An option to increase the difficulty in Arcade mode like Prologue with a scale up to 100 rather than 3 options, in professional it's just too easy. :(

A standing start time trial at the Top Gear test track.

Interior guages that actually function in some premium cars.

Better FFB options (supporting my 1st point).

I know the damage model will always stay as it is so no hope with that.

Please PD make it perfect. :)

By Jordan on GTPlanet twitter, btw congrats Jordan and enjoy the party man! :) :

"Yamauchi says many updates coming to GT5 in coming weeks and months."

That's good news and just what I expected from them. :) So, what you think that may be? Fixes, of course and DLCs :) Lets talk about and comment the news...

I hope so! I have only spent a short time with GT5, but so far I am not too impressed and I would actually rate my FM3 slighty higher for deliving a better overall "package." My rating may change as I dig into GT5.

:)

Why don't they say what they'll update ?

It would just kill the hype and that way everybody would know what to wait and stop any kind of "speculations"..

Hi not sure what you mean by better overall package I own both games and cannot see what is better about Forza 3 for me it feels like an inbetween GT5P and GT5 the whole game feels very small and linear compared to GT5

Hi not sure what you mean by better overall package I own both games and cannot see what is better about Forza 3 for me it feels like an inbetween GT5P and GT5 the whole game feels very small and linear compared to GT5

For me it is about the game design and finding my way around the features and options. GT5P and GT5 are my first games in the GT-series so I am not used to the game setups (assuming they are similar across all GT games?).

and of course...imho, ymmv

Why don't they say what they'll update ?

It would just kill the hype and that way everybody would know what to wait and stop any kind of "speculations"..

good point! a simple Changelog released in advance would do wonders!

New Tweet from Kaz himself: "Good morning. Madrid is in the morning. Online reviews, many inconveniences've Sorry. It will improve rapidly, and wait."

I'm guessing he's saying he knows all the crap online reviews have said and if we wait it'll improve rapidly?

This is where it gets annoying. GT5 is currently sitting at a lower Metacritic score than any other game in the series, yet with a bit of care and attention and a few updates it could easily address many of the complaints found in reviews. Then we'll have to live with the fact the review scores are no longer fairly representing the quality of the game.

I guess that's just what happens when you're given the chance to improve your game after release.

Latest Posts

Back