Kaz just said that we can expect many updates in the next weeks/months...

Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
diegorborges82
By Jordan on GTPlanet twitter, btw congrats Jordan and enjoy the party man! :) :

"Yamauchi says many updates coming to GT5 in coming weeks and months."

That's good news and just what I expected from them. :) So, what you think that may be? Fixes, of course and DLCs :) Lets talk about and comment the news...

Oh sweet then they'll fix the bug the premium s13 silvia has.. the rev-clock acts the same as the speedo lol..

Maybe that function does exist in real life? hehehe really don't know but its a nice "feature" for free lol

"With GT5 finally releasing today, Yamauchi-san also responded to criticism of the online feature set, revealing to Eurogamer, "Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking - [they're] all planned in the process of evolution."

Woot! Glad to see this. Polyphony put out a lot of patches and tweaks for GT5 Prologue. I am not happy that the game has released so unfinished but if PD does work on the game then i'll overlook the initial problems.

Not trying to rain on anyone's parade here, but updates dont necessarily mean more cars. Like someone said above there are minor glitches that will probably getting taken care of first.

Don't get me wrong, I hope for DLC cars too, I just would get my hopes up for it as of yet.

For now I don't care about DLC unless its free. I just want the promised features and for the bugs and glitches to be fixed. The game really is in a pretty unfinished state right now so releasing any DLC, especially paid, would be a terrible idea.

Cool, great news indeed. I'm so happy with GT5 at the moment :) Just got it today.

So far, I'd really like it if they added a FF/RW feature to the race replay.
At the moment it's hard to get the best shot in photo mode from replays, as you can only pause the screen, hoping to do it at the right time, and you can't skip ahead in the replay to get to a certain part you know you want to take pictures of.

Another thing is how bothersome it is to export pictures you've taken, to your XMB.
You have to export one picture at a time. You cant just select a bunch of them and do all at once. That's very annoying, and will only worsen as you take more pictures.

Other than that, fantastic game so far :)

edit:
The first piece of DLC I'd like to see is the Veyron made into a premium car. I really don't understand why the Veyron, one of the greatest automotive feats in recent time, hasn't been made as a premium car.

I just be happy without 60sec menu load times and the terrible collision physics. 6 years later and when you collide with a car you are mysteriously glued together. The rest of the game is fantastic however.:)

How about they add brakes to the tuning shop. Seems like an insane omission to me. Or has that already been fixed?

Well I can see a "brakes" section in the tuning shop, but I don't know how comprehensive it is, as I've only gotten my starter car that cant be tuned.

5 years, game still feels rushed, iys obvious they had issues with the PS3 being so hard to code for. This is sony's flagship game, something not right.

How does it feel rushed? I really don't get some of the criticism it's getting. I think the game is great so far. And the whole interface "problem" looks good to me, I wouldn't want it any other way.

How does it feel rushed? I really don't get some of the criticism it's getting. I think the game is great so far. And the whole interface "problem" looks good to me, I wouldn't want it any other way.

?? The 800 standards look terrible, online right now is poor, NO Mechanical damage and poor damafge as a whole. The standards look like PS2 textures. Come on, I love GT but there are some big issues with Sony's big flagship./, Not much tuning, customization.

So, everyone who had Kaz's back with all these delays saying "Well, at least he cares and the product will be completed when we finally get it". How do you feel about it now?

::Gets in line to punch Kaz in the face::

What about time trial leaderboard, hope that comes.

Just read this

With GT5 finally releasing today, Yamauchi-san also responded to criticism of the online feature set, revealing to Eurogamer, "Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking – [they're] all planned in the process of evolution."

During a stage presentation earlier in the evening, Yamauchi pledged that his team would be "upgrading every week, every month" to improve the game, which took five years to develop.

Yamauchi described the game as a "pet" that his team had "nourished and looked after," paying special tribute to fans, "all of whom have helped and supported us to develop Gran Turismo."

Beneath a video screen slogan which read: "Today is not the finale. Today is only the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo," the series creator insisted that his team's work on the project was far from complete.

?? The 800 standards look terrible, online right now is poor, NO Mechanical damage and poor damafge as a whole. The standards look like PS2 textures. Come on, I love GT but there are some big issues with Sony's big flagship./, Not much tuning, customization.

There are a lot of standards that are OK (not awesome, but not that bad as people talk about)... there is damage, it just needs to be unlocked according to your level...

Let's just wait... People asked for GT5 now. They gave us what they had.

Nobody think like that. But most people (me included) didn't wanted to wait more 2 years.

So, let's just wait for the updates.

hopefully it will be soon as i cant get past the pulsing gt icon without the game freezing on me now :(

dont get me wrong i love the game. first full gt release i have bought, loved prologue, and have been loving making my way up through the licenses. the game froze up on me after finishing a national-a license, not a big deal. then after doing the AMG Driving school Intermediate Sector 1, i finished and got silver, and nothing happened, just showed the car revving down and trundling round the nurburgring. had to reset the game and now the game wont load. will only get to the silver gt logo and thats it.

hopefully this will get sorted soon so i can play the game as i am loving it!

Last edited:

The game didn't even ship with multiplayer, you had to download a patch for it. Time trial leaderboards and match making aren't even in either, those are coming later. Plus the standard cars, shadow effects, long load times, etc. The game has a huge list of problems.

Thankfully the actual act of racing and driving cars is fantastic, otherwise this game would have bombed.

There are a lot of standards that are OK (not awesome, but not that bad as people talk about)... there is damage, it just needs to be unlocked according to your level...

Let's just wait... People asked for GT5 now. They gave us what they had.

Nobody think like that. But most people (me included) didn't wanted to wait more 2 years.

So, let's just wait for the updates.

Damage is bad, period, eve @ level 40. Having a leveled damage system is moronic to say the least.

The game didn't even ship with multiplayer, you had to download a patch for it. Time trial leaderboards and match making aren't even in either, those are coming later. Plus the standard cars, shadow effects, long load times, etc. The game has a huge list of problems.

Thankfully the actual act of racing and driving cars is fantastic, otherwise this game would have bombed.

Exactly, yes, driving is outstanding, but so much else feels rushed, after 5 years how is it it feels so rushed and slapped together?

nope, there is NO mechanical damage in this game until someone proves me wrong... it's just cosmetic (like any arcade racer), so in a way useless to make drivers drive their car more realistically... and not like the usual GT way: bumping cars/taking corner at crazy speed with no consequences like in most of the videos we have seen so far.

Strange also that report on damage ceased when people reached lv20... where are these people? is there someone to prove that you can unleash a mechanical damage engine? I don't think so because it's NOT in the game right now.

However we are used to this blurry answer from the GT guru, and most of the time it's say between the line that's it is not in the final game, period. (remember the blurry answer for months with the standard car and cockpit? )

I haven't checked all the 800 standard cars, so I wouldn't know if they look horrible. But seriously, while the 200 premium cars look fantastic (and 200 is by no means a little number), I don't think the standard ones look terrible. I think they're pretty comparable to Forza cars actually, from what I've seen of screenshots from Forza. And that's the big competitor.

Haven't tried online at all. What's so horrible about it?

Mechanical damage, I'll give you that, but I was never aware it would be a big focus in GT5, so I haven't been hyped on that.

The damage I think is great actually. I don't mind that my car can't get completely smashed as in some other games, as I won't be trying to crash my cars in GT5. The damage that's there, I don't think is bad.
Take a look at this for example. Took the pic myself, after i had run into the wall during a race. I didn't nearly hit it head on, and it wasn't at a very fast speed either.
I think the damage is doing quite well for what it's trying to do. Which isn't completely ruining a car as in Burnout for example.

And I haven't had a go with premium cars in the tuning shop. Have you?

Saying it's rushed is a little harsh I think. After all, it's just a racing game.
It's not the new christ finally revealing himself.
It's just the new GT, and so far, I really like it.

Edit:
I'm not saying the game is flawless, and I do think that it's moronic, as someone else put it, that damage is unlocked at player levels. In arcade, in which i took the above screenshot, it's all there.
Also, as i said, I think it's weird that the game doesn't have such a standard feature as FF/RW during replays.
What I'm saying is, people have hyped themselves to such a degree they see GT5 as the Messiah of gaming. If anything's wrong with the game, it's very wrong - and that's where i disagrees.
Some thing's are wrong, some are moronic, but what it's all about is GREAT - and that's driving.
Hearing Kaz speak about updates the way he did, gives me hope that the game will improve on the flaws that are there atm.

Last edited:
So, everyone who had Kaz's back with all these delays saying "Well, at least he cares and the product will be completed when we finally get it". How do you feel about it now?

::Gets in line to punch Kaz in the face::

Oh I feel dandy, thank you. I think it's a great game. No harsh words to Kaz from me. I still got his back :)

Back