Kazunori: Gran Turismo 5 out during 2007

• Thread starter amar212
  • 333 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course I agree physics (and feel through the force feedback) and the way they drive is most important - its no use having eye candy and the cars drive like 'PAC MAN' .

I think other software developers can get the quality of the cars the same as GT the technolgy is there for everyone to use but the time it takes is so long that they share the develpment time out for each element and perhaps get games out to the public quicker by not being so perfect/anal.

Don't get me wrong I lurve the perfect cars.

yes the envirnoments are a bit to static and clean i agree but you must agree that the spectators and trees look TURD.

The longer this game takes to come out our expectations are going to be higher for this game than any other, but as they have had extra time to perfect it then it must balance out, and we should get somthing fantastic.

In fact the biggest complaint about GT is the time it takes for each new game to come out - it would be nice that they could constantly improve the game via DLC (at a cost) to speed this process up in future.

Why can't we have GT2009 then Gt2010 each year with new cars, updates/tracks? they could massivily increase there earnings if they relaeased an update each year with say 50 new tracks and 50 or so new cars which have been launched that year - I'd happlily pay £30 a year or more for these updates instead of £30 every 4 or 5 years what a drag.

👍

...but you must agree that the spectators and trees look TURD.

The spectators seem ok to me (they do the job) but I haven't really looked at them closely. The trees, I agree, look poor (cardboard cutouts) but if they are like that to keep FPS high, then that is fine by me. I would rather GT was kept as a 60FPS experience. I wouldn't want realistic trees at 30FPS. Besides, I really don't notice the trees and spectators when I am driving... as long as I get the impression of speed through a decent environment. I don't really even pay attention to them in replays.

The longer this game takes to come out our expectations are going to be higher for this game than any other, but as they have had extra time to perfect it then it must balance out, and we should get somthing fantastic.

I expect the vast majority of development time is spent doing the tracks and cars, and the driving / handling physics - this is what I expect to be great in GT5, and any other features they add I try to see as a bonus. I guess I am trying not to get swept up with hype / unrealistic expectations. Sure it is nice to dream but I'm just trying to stay realistic, and I don't think I will be disappointed.

Why can't we have GT2009 then Gt2010 each year with new cars, updates/tracks? they could massivily increase there earnings if they relaeased an update each year with say 50 new tracks and 50 or so new cars which have been launched that year - I'd happlily pay £30 a year or more for these updates instead of £30 every 4 or 5 years what a drag.

Perhaps this is what will happen. GT5 will be the first, full GT game with online. I hope we get DLC which is a reasonable price and then I'll be willing to buy it.

O_o" ...
Is it me or do this boards get completely off-topic, really fast.
But to sum up my question, There has been absolutely no news on the release date? just a quick answer of yes and no can answer this.

Wow, these boards get off-topic...i asked about the release date and now theres a giant fight on graphics....:odd:

I used to this kind of Bullcrap by now.

For example, the most recent (Full) edition, GT4, the original official announced release date in North America was January 1, 2004.

It wasn't officially released until FEBRUARY OF 2005!!!!!

So, am i surprised that KY said that? HELL, NO!

BTW, Fun Tidbit; GT4 was released in February of 2005, right? also, you know it sold AT LEAST five million copies less than its predecessor, GT3 due to missing features and mediocre reviews (it got an 89 from Metacritic, compared to 95 for GT3), right? Well, according to NPD, GT4 was the THIRD BIGGEST SELLING GAME of that year, behind two franchises-you may had heard of them-Pokemon and Madden. which makes you wonder why PD and SCEA didn't release GT4:P in the States. I feel that if PD And SCEA released GT4:P in the States, it would had been more successful (definitely More Successful than GT5:P, In my Opinion) and it would made for bigger sales for GT4 proper, despite what I just Stated Above.

In fact the biggest complaint about GT is the time it takes for each new game to come out - it would be nice that they could constantly improve the game via DLC (at a cost) to speed this process up in future.

I rather just wait and have prologues to hang on to. I still play GT4.

I like full games not a never ending trail of peices, this has been disussed many times.

which makes you wonder why PD and SCEA didn't release GT4:P in the States. I feel that if PD And SCEA released GT4:P in the States, it would had been more successful

SCEA man dealing with GT (Forgot his name) said a few times they didn't release GT4P in the US because they didn't want to confuse the American gamers, which we saw when GT5P came out, lots of people Americans complainging about where is all the features not realising this is a 'prologue'. Which doesn't seem to happen anymore.

. I feel that if PD And SCEA released GT4:P in the States, it would had been more successful (definitely More Successful than GT5:P, In my Opinion)
I don't think GT4P would have been more successful than GT5P if it was released in the US if thats what you mean, look at the Japan and EU sales of GT5P compared to GT4P, much higher. Maybe this time around they saw how low the US sales of GT4 was compared to PAL regions and previous US region (GT3) so they thought they would through GT5P out this time.

Last edited:
O_o" ...
Is it me or do this boards get completely off-topic, really fast.
But to sum up my question, There has been absolutely no news on the release date? just a quick answer of yes and no can answer this.

Wow, these boards get off-topic...i asked about the release date and now theres a giant fight on graphics....:odd:

I guess as we don't have any real solid news to discuss, we go off on wild tangents and speculate!

threadwouldntdie.jpg

But seriously, why resurrect a thread from a topic we know is irrelevant already? So we can have more whining? :rolleyes:

Do you know the funny thing about this forum (Sorry if this is extremely off-topic, but I have to say this)?:

For every dumb person on here, there's at least five smart ones correcting them. On Almost every other forum on the Internet (with the exception of the Official Playstation Forum), for every five dumb peoples, there's one smart person.

Just thought I say that.....

SCEA man dealing with GT (Forgot his name) Taku Imasakisaid a few times they didn't release GT4P in the US because they didn't want to confuse the American gamers, which we saw when GT5P came out, lots of people Americans complainging about where is all the features not realising this is a 'prologue'. Which doesn't seem to happen anymore.

I don't think GT4P would have been more successful than GT5P if it was released in the US if thats what you mean, look at the Japan and EU sales of GT5P compared to GT4P, much higher. Maybe this time around they saw how low the US sales of GT4 was compared to PAL regions and previous US region (GT3) so they thought they would through GT5P out this time.

(Corrected That Name Issue You Had.....)

I WOULD HAD BROUGHT IT!!!

If maybe just for seeing the (Unmessed upon) New York Track. I hope they fix it In GT5....

But Anyway, I seriously think that SCEA and PD should Had released GT4:P In the States, if not for anything, but to keep the momentum of the Gran Turismo Brand in North America. I mean, GT3 sold Over 13 Million Copies in North America. 13 MILLION COPIES!!!! Most Japanese Developers and Publishers (with the exception of Square Enix and Nintendo, of course) would had DIED to sell that many copies of a established Franchise, let alone one with the quality and clout of the GT franchise.

In fact, I think if they released GT4:P in the States, We would had seen not only Online, but Even Private Rooms A lot sooner.

Just my Opinion, tho.

GT3 sold Over 13 Million Copies in North America. 13 MILLION COPIES!!!!

GT3 sold 14 millions copies all up, 7 million was in the US, not 13. but now the ratio is much lower, EU is selling more than ever. Maybe Forza and Xbox has something to do with this.

GT3 sold 14 millions copies all up, 7 million was in the US, not 13. but now the ratio is much lower, EU is selling more than ever. Maybe Forza and Xbox has something to do with this.
I think it's a combo of NASCAR, Forza, Burnout, PGR and NFS. Sadly, it seems like many racing fans here just want to go in circles or pimp their rides with arcade physics. Forza 2 sold something over 3 million worldwide, which is impressive, but I doubt it made many Gran Turismo fans forget about GT. I sure didn't.

I think the 7 million sales in the USA are exaggerated by GT3 being included with new PS2's for an extended period of time rather than being bought directly by existing fans of the game series.

I think the 7 million sales in the USA are exaggerated by GT3 being included with new PS2's for an extended period of time rather than being bought directly by existing fans of the game series.

That bundle was world wide not just US, my friends and I bought our PS2's when the GT3 came out with that bundle. Specially for GT3. Other PS2 games didn't matter

One thing that comes to my mind when I see release dates of GT games: I am 30 now. And I am looking forward to GT5, but more I fear that next sequel will be there whe when I will be 40 :grumpy:

@RedBar

GT5 will keep updating over and over, so it wont be so bad, hopefully more cars, tracks feature, maybe even a graphics update:idea:. Only thing is, I see GT6 coming out on the PS4, if it comes out in the PS3 life span I would be surprised.

GT5 may be updated as time goes but I hope they finalise the physics at launch unless there is real bug to fix. I don't want to be benchmarking cars and recording performance so I can compare to other cars then PD come along and decide to change the physics and all my previous recorded benchmarks suddenly become void.

GT5 may be updated as time goes but I hope they finalise the physics at launch unless there is real bug to fix. I don't want to be benchmarking cars and recording performance so I can compare to other cars then PD come along and decide to change the physics and all my previous recorded benchmarks suddenly become void.

+1 It's even worse when you're a tuner/tune all your cars. Even with a relatively small (for GT :sly:) 100 car garage, if every one is tuned then PD come and change the physics you have 100 tunes and many hours of testing all gone obsolete in an instant.

Ok :lol: I thought you wanted to remember "someone" that Kazunori said "something" a while ago...

Last edited:
Funny to read the first post from 2005 about a 2007 release. Oh how far we have come.

Funny to read the first post from 2005 about a 2007 release. Oh how far we have come.

To be fair, Gran Turismo 5 was intended to be GTHD which was just an upscaled version of GT4 but they decided to start from scratch. Probably could of released a full game when GT5 Prologue was released but decided otherwise.

GT5 sure has been a long time 'in the making' but I think it's going to be worth it!:D
This coming TGS could possibly be the biggest game show outing the GT series has ever seen and I'm sure Sony and especially PD are looking forward to the 'wows' and superlatives that will be aimed at GT5.
I'm sure that Kaz and his 'team of perfectionists' will know that there years of hard work are much appreciated when the latest and greatest arrives on shelves!;)👍
R*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back