Kazunori Yamauchi Pre-E3 2017 Interview:

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Jun 13, 2017.

1. queleuleu

queleuleu

Simple question : where is Super GT in GTSport?
    Another one : Given the new focus of GT, is it still relevant to sponsor D1GP, Pebble Beach Concours d'élégance, Goodwood FOS, SEMA show...

2. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

I sort of understand why that is discarded, but yeah it's a weird logic saying things like that, I get your point of view now. :lol:

Lord Kacperov and ImaRobot like this.
  3. Tornado

Tornado

Maybe it needs to be hammered until whenever Kaz stops saying the same stupid things that he says every other time a GT game comes out that does nothing but damage his ability to be taken seriously until anyone actually has the final game. Not only is this game which was unthinkable to come out in 2017 just barely going to make the year at all, but now he's going on about how long they'll be able to utilize the assets they're making for this game coming out four years into a console lifecycle.

As noted, the joke works on multiple levels.

4. Firehuntah

Firehuntah Premium

I have some questions after seeing the new trailer.

1. Are the things we've seen in the new trailer going to happen in-game as well or was it just to make the trailer look nice? As in playable foggy Nurburgring, pre-race grid activities with the teams around the cars and safety car in front (also ask if they're adding grid girls while they're at it :lol:) and the end-race activities with the teams at the pit walls waving flags. I really liked this in the trailer but I just hope we can actually have those things during gameplay, which often hasn't been the case with GT trailers.

2. As everyone else is asking, what can we can we actually do with the livery editor? Will we have enough freedom to really create or own liveries? Or only pre-set shapes/lines/logos.

3. Apparently the damage is turned way down for the demo's on E3 right now, so that means there actually is going to be a damage system. Will it be any better than the current damage model in the beta though? Or are the paint scratches and dents all we'll be seeing in the final game as well or is it actually turned down in the beta also?

4. We've seen night racing now which looks really great. But is rain still coming as well? I really expected them to show it here on E3 if it would be in the final game. Especially since Forza 7 and PC2 showed some quite nice rain footage as well, so GT Sport is a bit behind in that area now. ;)

5. Lastly, I'd also like to know how the safetycar will be used since it's been in every trailer so far I think? They make it seem very important in this game, I want to know why. Will it actually go on track during the race when damage is enabled and cars are stopped on track after a crash? Or is it only used for race starts and perhaps warm-up laps?

5. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

If I really wanted to flip out, I'd basically be hunting down every person making the exact same joke. Instead of bellyaching about my annoyance, I simply responded with a witty comment but apparently I can't jokingly respond without it being taken as me needing to "Calm down, its a joke". Nowhere did I mention it being the people's fault nor am I defending PD's claims (which is extremely presumptuous considering I mentioned nothing about it) so I fail to see why that was even necessary to bring up, I only made the lengthy response because I'm being told to Calm down when I wasn't overreacting in the first place.

Also, I wasn't reffering to Every game only in this series. I meant every game that seems to come out, do bad and have so much jokes made about this and that.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2017
  6. Zlork

Zlork

@SlipZtrEm

Can you confirm that there is rain in GT Sport ?
    Will there be endurance races ?
    Will there be some original tracks of old GT in GT Sport or via DLC ?
    Can you tell us more about mechanical damage?

Thank you GTPlanet.

Lord Kacperov, GT6champNK_69 and jm79 like this.
  7. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

And will they be playable, and what role are we given? Why get safety cars as preorder bonus if we can't use them

8. ImaRobot

ImaRobot Premium

"If you really wanted to".. To be honest, it seems way past that already. Bellyaching is exactly what you're doing. Your initial comment may have been "witty" or a "joke" but so was my direct reply to you. You instead are now bellyaching the point of an old joke, one that you seem to pretend you have little interest in, but seemingly continue to drag the discussion in a way that someone would usually do when they see something that bothers them in one way or another. You are no longer "joking."

I never said you were defending PD (which is extremely presumptuous considering I mentioned nothing about it). Totally ironic that you would say that, but hey I'm going to use that too because it fits perfectly. It's necessary to bring up PD because the only reasons people are talking about it is because they insist on saying this every chance they get. No one told you to calm down, more so that its just a joke, it'll be ok.

No idea how you expected people to get that when we've been literally only talking about one game and one game only.

Johnnypenso likes this.
  9. OdeFinn

OdeFinn

@SlipZtrEm
    1) Is there adjustable tire pressures?
    2) UDP telemetry support?

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  10. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

Does it take longer than six months to model a Super Premium car, if so how long on average?

How long does it take to model a track like Suzuka? What mm level of accuracy are the laser scans used?

Will there be default setup leaderboards like GT5P for all the cars?

Will the visible steering lock in cockpit view be made to match actual input (Last attempt in early GT5P builds)?

What percentage of CPU, GPU and RAM is GTS using on PS4 and also PS4 Pro? Will there be more effort to improve the 1080p PS4 Pro graphics fidelity?

Are there still sizeable improvements in the sound engine left to be made or now close to final?

Will there be a track creator in GTS?

Will there be challenging offline events like some older GT games, such as some of the missions in GT4 and some of the license tests and special events? IIRC, Kaz set times for the early GTs? Missed the challenge factor in GT6. Manufacturer races like GT4 will be good to bring back for GTS now that there is a manufacturers fan cup.

Could the Moon be made available to have some fun races on? :)

11. moxlox

moxlox

What's been done to improve the AI over GT5 and GT6? Can we race AI on their own, or is it online against human players only?

Lord Kacperov and research like this.
  12. danh25

danh25

- When will rain show up?
    - To what extent does the car visually damage its internal build?
    - What kind of mechanical damage do we have?
    - What other types of enhancements will we have for audio?

For the rest the game is perfect already so.

Lord Kacperov likes this.
  13. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Which is what I was trying to avoid with said witty comment. Maybe I misinterpreted your response (which wouldn't be the first time), but I'm only "bothered" or am Bellyaching now because I made a witty retort that gets met with a response telling me to calm down when it wasn't even me getting out of shape. Yes I'm "no longer joking" because again a retort of mine somehow got that response. I never pretended to have "no interest in" said joke as the fact I bought it up clearly means I was interested and not ignoring it (ironically, the very thing I usually do but its me so what a surprise). I simply don't find it necessary, that's it. Apparently, I'm also equally terrible at wording anything I say AND actually detecting what is and isn't joking.

14. silverman_GT

silverman_GT

Thought i'd try and answer your question a bit early.

The steering no longer tops at 90 degrees. No hand-over-hand animation in sight yet as both the ingame wheel and the T-GT wheel only turns to about 180 degrees in this video.

15. SolidSnake7735

SolidSnake7735

Ok, but what about the Track Path Editor??????

I need my next-gen Touge fix.

16. Johnnypenso

Johnnypenso Premium

Will there be leaderboards for all the car/track combinations?
    If so, will those leaderboards feature separate tuned, and untuned versions?
    If so, will the team be on top of both hunting down and deleting the times of those that find a way to cheat the system?
    If so, will it be a top priority to wipe the boards clean after a physics update that renders the times irrelevant?

17. Antek

Antek

I asked myself the same question, what about track editor or course maker? Is there going to be one?

18. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

At least a random track generator like the one in DiRT 4 would be nice.

Lord Kacperov and Vspectra like this.
  19. Rage Racer

Rage Racer

What about classic cars ('90s and earlier)? Will they come in DLCs at least?
    How about historic racing classes (e.g. "Classic Gr.4", or the real Group B, or so on)?

20. ToyGTone

ToyGTone

Will the course maker make a come back on GT Sport?

Will older cars (pre 2009) make an appearance? Because some of my favourite cars are from different eras and it used to be one of my favourite things about GT.

Will the all time Original GT tracks (Midfield,SSR11...etc) make a come back?

How much does it takes to model a car and how many polygram are there?

Also will you ever bring back the older GT games to PS4 as a PS1 or PS2 classics? Or is impossible?

Will you able to import your own music and logos for use in races and livery editor?

This question is from my friend but will GT include arabic language support? Plenty people I know who played GT5 and GT6 wanted to have that feature.

Will the beta expand to become open for everyone? And will it feature more classes to test?

One more thing, what do you think of GT fan around GTPlanet? :D

Thanks.

Lord Kacperov and GT6champNK_69 like this.
  21. dacc10

dacc10

Will there be an offline Event Creator?

Are we still able to buy aftermarket wheels (and body parts) for road cars?

Will we see hardcore/trackday models of existing cars, such as the 458 Speciale, in the game?

Will we see in the future Group C cars, and will they have their own class?

In Gr.N, will cars such as the Focus ST be limited to its N300 class, or will we be able to tune or detune that same car to race in higher and lower tiers (N200, N400, etc)?

Which other classes are you planning to add in the future?

22. MisterOne77

MisterOne77

In what way will GT Sport represent 20 years of Gran Turismo? How will this achievement be celebrated in the game?

23. bdj57

bdj57

Guys, I'm not sure if @Jordan or any GTP staff at E3 can ask questions that much...

Actually something like uncompressed gameplay and features footage would be nice, just like last year :

24. Daverytimes

Daverytimes

Any new footage would be welcome I think, any footage to show us something new.

Lord Kacperov and bdj57 like this.
  25. CLG314

CLG314

- Will we be able to transfer our progress in the beta to the full game?

26. syntex123

syntex123 Premium

Doubt it. No games I know of has done that anyway.

27. sokira

sokira

I want to know who is the man behind those beautiful trailer (maybe KAZ himself ?) and what is his inspiration.

28. research

research Premium

well I dunno if you guys saw the video but right after this hilarious interview, Kaz buttoned his stylish-ass jacket and BLASTED OFF INTO SPACE!

(leaving only a cloud of smoke, which had the same vaporious texture as his answers.)

29. RACECAR

RACECAR Premium

Was it in 4K?

research likes this.
  30. Denisse2017

Denisse2017

We need the classic Muscle cars and also the clasic Japanese cars. FR and FF. Track editor and driver lincenses mode. Or do we really need to wait another 2 more years for the real deal GT7? Common man...

I-Runner likes this.