Kazunori Yamauchi Pre-E3 2017 Interview:

"KY: Three years ago, we basically reset all the car models in the game, to start building them from scratch. Now, the models have been created at a quality that will last for ten years from this point on."

So they're not even gonna last until GT7 then...

You mean won't be used in gt sport, only the beta....

Kazunori Yamauchi
Gran Turismo Sport is actually going to contain more features than any other game in the series to date. Nothing has been dropped, things have only been added. Whether it be the campaign mode, or the offline gameplay, or the open lobbies, everthing has been raised in quality and there is more of it, so there is nothing to worry about. Nothing has been dropped.
So the GT Mode has been ressurected after all? I thought the focus on this game was the online portion, with only racing etiquette and a few missions to do offline? :P

"KY: Three years ago, we basically reset all the car models in the game, to start building them from scratch. Now, the models have been created at a quality that will last for ten years from this point on."

As per usual, it seams Kaz just says things he thinks fans want to hear. I struggle to believe that GTS will have more features than ever before, and if it does how long do people have to wait? Triple A games should be feature complete on day 1. I wonder if the campaign mode as he's now calling it will have more everything than ever before in the same way sounds were just place holders leading up to GT6 and AI were much better.

So the GT Mode has been ressurected after all? I thought the focus on this game was the online portion, with only racing etiquette and a few missions to do offline? 
Seriously, take everything Kaz says with a pinch of salt. History tells us this.

As per usual, it seams Kaz just says things he thinks fans want to hear. I struggle to believe that GTS will have more features than ever before, and if it does how long do people have to wait? Triple A games should be feature complete on day 1. I wonder if the campaign mode as he's now calling it will have more everything than ever before in the same way sounds were just place holders leading up to GT6 and AI were much better.

Seriously, take everything Kaz says with a pinch of salt. History tells us this.
I think you're jumping to conclusions. Either for or against, wait until the game is here to see if there's more features. Livery editor is a feature, one major feature that's probably greater (in demand) than any other that GT has been missing.

For sure for sure but I just wanted to point it out. If nothing has been cut then that is essentially what he's saying. If that's the case a lot of people will be happy. Kids too since they say everyone can race :P
The issue there being we already knew what the campaign mode consisted of long before this. Its nothing new that is being said. If anything has changed, hopefully we will see soon, but otherwise, we already knew there would be a "campaign mode", it just didn't amount to much from what they told us it was going to be.

Campaign mode is Licence test mode. Keep up at the back....
The issue there being we already knew what the campaign mode consisted of long before this. Its nothing new that is being said. If anything has changed, hopefully we will see soon, but otherwise, we already knew there would be a "campaign mode", it just didn't amount to much from what they told us it was going to be.
Lol yeah but he also said nothing has been cut from previous games - only more stuff added. You both misunderstand my point.

I think you're jumping to conclusions. Either for or against, wait until the game is here to see if there's more features. Livery editor is a feature, one major feature that's probably greater (in demand) than any other that GT has been missing.
Which is why people should temper excitement. You can never tell with PDI, will they get the livery editor out on day 1? Will it meet peoples expectations? Regardless, I think he's blowing smoke up fans bottoms here. Time will tell and if proven to be true, once again, will people still believe everything he says in the cuter?

All I'm saying is taking everything he says in this interview with a pinch of salt, if it turns out to be true no one loses. If it's all smoke screens again then it's another nail in the coffin for the franchise.

Lol yeah but he also said nothing has been cut from previous games - only more stuff added. You both misunderstand my point.
There was no point missed, it's just that it sounds like this interview is talking about the transition from GT6 to GTS, not from GTS' original release date till now.

Either way, we do know a lot of things got the cut. Smaller car list, track list, no dynamic TOD or weather. It may be true for aspects of the game but I'm not 100% sold on that statement.

Man, you people just love to make this 'joke', don't you? :rolleyes:

Wonder what he means by the beta not being 'fun'. What's the difference from that Sports mode to what we'll get :odd:

If I'm not mistaken, he said a statement similar to this prior to GT5 & 6. Essentially they had redo everything from the ground up is why it is taking so long....you know, future proof the cars.

If I'm not mistaken, he said a statement similar to this prior to GT5 & 6. Essentially they had redo everything from the ground up is why it is taking so long....you know, future proof the cars.
Well gt5 was out in 2010 and gt6 in 2013. If we count that gt5 development began in 2005 then they lasted 8+ years.

Well gt5 was out in 2010 and gt6 in 2013. If we count that gt5 development began in 2005 then they lasted 8+ years.
Which might possibly apply if interviews where he said things like this:
“The level of precision we’ve achieved [in GT5] is actually more suited to the next generation of machines. The detail that goes into a premium model [has] gone beyond the level of the current PlayStation.”
Weren't from only a few months before GT5 came out.

Hey guys! We're heading to our GT Sport meeting soon and we want to involve the community. Do you have any questions you'd like to be answered by Kaz & Co? Post 'me here! You've got a bit over an hour!

:gtpflag:

Will we get monthly DCLs (free or not) after the game releases? Or a more open question: If there's a plan for extra content already in the pipe and what it looks like (cars, tracks, etc, etc).

Will there be any official e-sports leagues/events (since we'll have the whole manufacturers and nationalities cups)?

How much freedom will we have online (creation of lobbies, championships, etc)? and if we will have dedicated servers or not?

I'm sorry if we already have the answers to these but I didn't see them yet.

Thanks Kyle :cheers:

Back