Kazunori Yamauchi Talks About Working with Lewis Hamilton

Pretty self indulgent from Yamauchi. I don't need philosophy from a game, I just want a good list of cars and tracks and good offline racing to go with the foundations they've already laid.
And better steering wheel settings

So is there just a video and that's it? Is it that which makes HAM the "Maestro" of GT Sport? I don't get it. Maybe it's just me who haven't found it yet, but as far as I know there is nothing in the actual game like a ghost to chase or anything. You can se the video clip but that't it. In the beginning I got the feeling that there would be something much bigger built into the game which would justify all the Hamilton advertisement.

Weird. Really weird.

This article also gives that impression: https://www.gtplanet.net/play-gran-turismo-sport-get-coaching-lewis-hamilton/

A forty minute video of him saying nothing at all except for when he's telling Kazunori Yamauchio to shut up while he's trying to drive.

So is there just a video and that's it? Is it that which makes HAM the "Maestro" of GT Sport? I don't get it. Maybe it's just me who haven't found it yet, but as far as I know there is nothing in the actual game like a ghost to chase or anything. You can se the video clip but that't it. In the beginning I got the feeling that there would be something much bigger built into the game which would justify all the Hamilton advertisement.

Weird. Really weird.

This article also gives that impression: https://www.gtplanet.net/play-gran-turismo-sport-get-coaching-lewis-hamilton/

I think if you play the Campaign (Driver License, Mission Challenge and Circuit Experience) the Youtube guides are all by him (Hamilton).

In the end, so far at least, it's just a puff piece, designed to draw casual fans, F1 fans and Lewis fans into the game and to promote the game via the Youtubze. It'll probably move a few units and achieve it's goal but in terms of usefullness for the hardcore fans it's pretty meaningless other than for fanboy bragging rights in the inevitable Youtubze comment wars. To incorporate it fully into the game with Lewis's tune, a ghost car lap and some more detailed instruction would really have pushed it over the top.

Honestly i really dont care at all about lewis and his input into GT sport. I'd rather have more content and a better off-line mode as was stated previously in this thread.

Back