Kei Central

  • Thread starter Thread starter 05XR8
  • 939 comments
  • 167,495 views
Amazing, although I'd also be interested how an LB-Works kit based on the cars original design would look.
 
image-2-49.jpg


With the Jimny being part of the next GT7 update we'll probably see a lot of cool liveries for it.
 
Even HE couldn‘t find one. :lol: That‘s cool he bought a used one. I really do have to get one.
 
Last edited:
So many great unused GT6 Kei car premiums Polyphony could add back into GT7...

Mazda Autozam AZ-1 1992.jpg
Mitsubishi i-MiEV 2009.jpg
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) 1995.jpg
Suzuki Cappuccino (EA21R) Race Model 1995.jpg
Suzuki Cervo SR 2007.jpg

Mazda Autozam AZ-1, 1992
Mitsubishi i-MiEV, 2009
Suzuki Cappuccino EA21R, 1995 ("Yes.... the 1991 EA11R is in GT7")
Suzuki Cappuccino EA21R Race Car, 1995
Suzuki Cervo SR, 2007

And also so many other great unused small hatchbacks too...
Abarth Grande Punto 2009.jpg
Alfa Romeo 147 TI 2.0 TWIN SPARK 2006.jpg
Honda FIT RS 2010.jpg
Honda CR-Z 2010.jpg
Mazda DEMIO SPORT 2010.jpg
Nissan March 12SR 2007.jpg
Subaru Impreza WRX STI spec C 2009.jpg
Toyota Vitz RS 1.5 2007.jpg
 
Last edited:
I’m glad we can import these as soon as possible. I think the GR Copen are still waiting to be approved.
 
I haven't seen any imported into the UK sadly. There are a fair few S660s which have and are for sale, though they're annoyingly expensive.
 
Last edited:
Most kei cars I’m seeing at the moment are Honda N-One and Suzuki Spacia. They go for about $25,000AUD. A little more than a new Kia Picanto that can’t match the space available in the kei cars. However, there are a high influx of the JDM Toyota Corolla Fielder Hybrid(it’s a wagon from a few years ago). It’s of course not a kei car, but I wonder if the kei car sales will slow because of the versatility of that Corolla wagon(plus the Alphard is trending- crazy expensive though).
 
Yeah, some people I’ve met at car shows suggest I should run historic plates on my car. Heck no. I love to drive.
 
Austrialia is notoriously strict on car rules, that's a known fact.
 
This is the new Honda N-Van e:, an electric Kei Van that starts at just 15k USD (converted, it likely won't be sold outside of Japan)

48fec3c9fa0220d403d04b5d5425298d.jpg

5d24e4a31e50af809ca0f4d19f3e81e8.jpg

9731e5e8165433c8abde8df269e83d1c.jpg

46ced46387f497831318d4bf92c49a30.jpg

7757a60182366bfbc2f1c3075156b563.jpg

d7de082938795fb947d6dcb688693f94.jpg

4d79663ca9c30fc1d58fb908c8469e44.jpg

2013e821c9f25893e8077bf2375ae1fd.jpg

811e2c6d5f826599a6fc3d5e81f6692b.jpg


As you would expect it's brilliant.
 
Last edited:
Sorry about double-posting, but there are more Kei-related news to share! The Suzuki Jimny lineup is set for expansion:


In addition to more engine choices it seems confirmed that the 3- and 5-door variants will be joined by a pickup. This could turn out to be a mix between the Sierra Pick-Up Style concept they displayed at TAS (first picture) and the Jimny utility (second picture) which is already sold on a BTO basis:

481ecf2153c55a99e710896bfaadd599.jpg


jimny-ute-1.jpg


(and yes I know the non-JDM Jimny's technically wouldn't qualify as Kei cars, but maybe apart from the longer, 5-door XL they are close enough to be covered here IMHO)
 
Last edited:
Yeah, The five doors are all over the place where I live. We’ll see. With their kei car plans outside Japan and the next Jimny variants, they’re doing big things.
 
Back