Kermit's Multi Class Endurance Series - Finished

BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Kermit_2142 Sorry to disappoint, but due to changes in plans today, I'm going to sit this one out to spend some time with a friend. We don't get many chances to see each other and we are overdue an appointment with a bottle of rum - and since we have less time on our hands than I thought previously, I don't want to subject him to me driving in circles for 90 minutes.

Hope the race goes well and I will again aim for full participation in the remaining races. My apologies.

@Kermit_2142 Sorry to disappoint, but due to changes in plans today, I'm going to sit this one out to spend some time with a friend. We don't get many chances to see each other and we are overdue an appointment with a bottle of rum - and since we have less time on our hands than I thought previously, I don't want to subject him to me driving in circles for 90 minutes.

Hope the race goes well and I will again aim for full participation in the remaining races. My apologies.

worst team mate ever!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No worries, gotta make the most of it, especially in these strange times. have a good one :cheers:

Hi,

I might be interested in running today if there is space? I just need to clear with the misses that she doesn’t have any plans for us.

But I had a a question on the classes/car selection - do I just pick an available car in each class and then I can decide before the race what class I run in? (I.e gr1 one week and gr4 the next?)

Hi,

I might be interested in running today if there is space? I just need to clear with the misses that she doesn’t have any plans for us.

But I had a a question on the classes/car selection - do I just pick an available car in each class and then I can decide before the race what class I run in? (I.e gr1 one week and gr4 the next?)

Welcome along :cheers:. Plenty of space available tonight in both classes.

The short answer is yes - We have 4 rounds remaining and they rotate between Gr1/Gr3 and then Gr3/Gr4. If you can choose a car for each class and then before that race you can choose one of your chosen cars. This is just ensure we always have different cars on the grid and not a grid full of “meta” cars :cheers:.

Don’t feel you “have” to race in every class if you don’t wish, we have plenty who only race in Gr3 for example.

If you want to chose a car for tonight and worry about the rest another time that’s fine 👍

This series is more casual and for fun so we can be more flexible if needed.

Last edited:
#### Pre Race Notice ####​

Hello all, welcome to our new sign ups. If you can ping me a friend request ASAP (Kermit_2142) that would be ideal.

Tonight we have @Chillgamer190 back on safety car duties which is great. Just a reminder if you pickup any damage during the race, just type “safety car” in the chat and the safety car will come out for 2 laps. Please read the procedure on page 1 if your unsure.

Qualifying will be a 10 minute session but we will be running super pole as usual so please only complete 1 flying lap.

The race start will be a manual rolling start and @Chillgamer190 will lead us round for the warm up lap. The race will be able to start once p1 has pass the pit lane entry and the Safety Car has entered the pits. (Be aware of cold tyres into t1).

Overtaking - lap difference between the classes is around 20-30s so Gr1 will be doing a lot of lapping it of Gr3. The track is plenty wide enough for most of the track and there are lots of overtaking opportunities. The only problem corner is the long long right handed as both classes share the same line and use the whole track. Gr1 please be extra cautious on this corner, you may have to wait until the straight away to make you overtake. Gr3 just take the corner as best as you can, don’t change your line as if you go too wide you will end up crashing into the wall.

Have a good race all :cheers:

#### Pre Race Notice ####​

Hello all, welcome to our new sign ups. If you can ping me a friend request ASAP (Kermit_2142) that would be ideal.

Tonight we have @Chillgamer190 back on safety car duties which is great. Just a reminder if you pickup any damage during the race, just type “safety car” in the chat and the safety car will come out for 2 laps. Please read the procedure on page 1 if your unsure.

Qualifying will be a 10 minute session but we will be running super pole as usual so please only complete 1 flying lap.

The race start will be a manual rolling start and @Chillgamer190 will lead us round for the warm up lap. The race will be able to start once p1 has pass the pit lane entry and the Safety Car has entered the pits. (Be aware of cold tyres into t1).

Overtaking - lap difference between the classes is around 20-30s so Gr1 will be doing a lot of lapping it of Gr3. The track is plenty wide enough for most of the track and there are lots of overtaking opportunities. The only problem corner is the long long right handed as both classes share the same line and use the whole track. Gr1 please be extra cautious on this corner, you may have to wait until the straight away to make you overtake. Gr3 just take the corner as best as you can, don’t change your line as if you go too wide you will end up crashing into the wall.

Have a good race all :cheers:

just sent an fr- just to confirm safety car is for all damage or only multi car incidents?

@GT5Apex did you get disconnected?

I enjoyed the race even though Group 3 got spread out. Tried to focus on being consistent. I had my game plan of pitting for softs and half a tank of fuel every 12/13 laps with a target of lapping in the low 1:31s when in clean air.

@Timlour too fast in his Audi for me. I was hoping for a safety car. I expected more of them.

Lexus not too bad at the Gardens - stable on the kerbs.

@GOTMAXPOWER and @Kermit_2142 had some epic racing up front in Group 1.

Wow that was a tough race!!! The over speed of Gr1 to Gr3 is nuts. I had a lot of fun chasing through the traffic.

Another close finish with @GOTMAXPOWER taking the win by 0.3s. Big congratulations that was a great drive!

Well done to @DelboyD for the Gr3 win after it was taken away from @Timlour by a disconnect. Thanks for coming back to the lobby, everyone appreciates that kind of sportsmanship 👍. I will put you score down as a B (bugged) as per scoring rules.

I think @GT5Apex was parked up for a whilst, I assume something happened in the real world?? If it was a DC I will B your score the same. (Also not sure if I ran you wide at the final hairpin, apologies if i did, I didn’t see/feel contact but I was pretty deep on worn front tyres)

Thanks to our newest driver @racefan88 for sticking out the whole race even after a few miss haps and falling behind. I think you were struggling on hybrid too. It was great to have you along and I hope you enjoyed the multi class experience. Hopefully we’ll see you for round 6 in 2 weeks time 👍

I have noticed that we have kind of run out of cars in Gr1 as many have signed up and not returned so I’m going to open up the Gr1 car choices. If anyway wants to switch their Gr1 car let me know.

Nice to see @Drex124 and @Timm Sheehan enjoying the spectator view. Looking forward to watching the replay back myself.

:cheers:

Wow that was a tough race!!! The over speed of Gr1 to Gr3 is nuts. I had a lot of fun chasing through the traffic.

Another close finish with @GOTMAXPOWER taking the win by 0.3s. Big congratulations that was a great drive!

Well done to @DelboyD for the Gr3 win after it was taken away from @Timlour by a disconnect. Thanks for coming back to the lobby, everyone appreciates that kind of sportsmanship 👍. I will put you score down as a B (bugged) as per scoring rules.

I think @GT5Apex was parked up for a whilst, I assume something happened in the real world?? If it was a DC I will B your score the same. (Also not sure if I ran you wide at the final hairpin, apologies if i did, I didn’t see/feel contact but I was pretty deep on worn front tyres)

Thanks to our newest driver @racefan88 for sticking out the whole race even after a few miss haps and falling behind. I think you were struggling on hybrid too. It was great to have you along and I hope you enjoyed the multi class experience. Hopefully we’ll see you for round 6 in 2 weeks time 👍

I have noticed that we have kind of run out of cars in Gr1 as many have signed up and not returned so I’m going to open up the Gr1 car choices. If anyway wants to switch their Gr1 car let me know.

Nice to see @Drex124 and @Timm Sheehan enjoying the spectator view. Looking forward to watching the replay back myself.

thanks for having me! I was going to ask regarding the gr.1 car choices as I was thinking the newer hybrids may have helped a little. But also I’m here for the seat time as well it’s the only way to get faster :)

I’ll join again in the future if I can make the time work (it’s in the range of our typical dinner time).

Also I must say the time of day setting on that track was really nice - I feel like a lot of races I run in just use something in the middle of the day.

thanks for having me! I was going to ask regarding the gr.1 car choices as I was thinking the newer hybrids may have helped a little. But also I’m here for the seat time as well it’s the only way to get faster :)

I’ll join again in the future if I can make the time work (it’s in the range of our typical dinner time).

Also I must say the time of day setting on that track was really nice - I feel like a lot of races I run in just use something in the middle of the day.

Happy days 👍

The TS030 is better at more high speed circuits, Dragon Trail is probably not it’s most ideal circuit.

Yh we usually try a time with good lighting, it sets the atmosphere nice for the endurance theme and photos/replays look great too.

Back