Kermit's Multi Class Endurance Series - Finished

BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Slight technicality, Can't enter the pits for some reason and I just learned that I cant enter chat without my car just going back on track

First of all, my apologies for the technicalities mid-race, luckily this was a pre-season race and I managed to catch two problems:

Problem1:

If I'm pitting on an out lap, I will just get teleported back on the main straight
Possible solution:
I lead the first lap and then drive to the side so that everyone can race. After that, I will drive behind everyone, do my lap and pit in
-------------
Problem:
I can't say "Safety Car In - Green Light's" if I'm halfway in the pits since I will probably go auto-driving back on track. This also ties in with the Pit problem.
Solution:
I really need to be in the pit stop or somewhere where the car cant just drives back on track. This will, however, delay the message of the green light.
-------------

1 = I don't think the pit problem will occur on shorter length races since I will be doing ~2 laps. With two laps I can do the out-lap and a normal lap and it will prevent the pit problem.

Overall, I personally am a little bit mixed with the testing. Mainly because there were mistakes that could've been prevented if I was more aware. However, finding these two problems will also make future races go smoother

Again, my apologies and hope we can figure something out for future races.

Fun fact:
Did you know that if you have a keyboard connected with your Playstation, that you can use the "enter" key while in the pits? It actually works, I do not know about if arrow keys will work with selecting a specific tire type. I also made this mistake since I have two keyboards in front of me and I spammed enter on the wrong one hence making me leave the pits unintended ^^'

EDIT: *changed some sentences for clarification purposes

Last edited:
It's really nice to see that I'm giving 110%, sweating like I'm doing an actual triathlon and yet I can just watch the gap go down tenth after tenth.

Through almost every corner I thought to myself "woa this is perfect, I won't be able to go through there that fast again" and still the gap goes from 9.3 down to like 8.5

Wheel users have a big advantage in this game and it's getting on my nerves. I don't want to buy a big rig for big money. It's not how GT should work man.

Wheel users have a big advantage in this game and it's getting on my nerves. I don't want to buy a big rig for big money. It's not how GT should work man.

Are you in the US? I bought my wheel setup from Amazon for a little over $400. Gotta admit, I think it's more fun that way, let alone any time advantage gained.

It's really nice to see that I'm giving 110%, sweating like I'm doing an actual triathlon and yet I can just watch the gap go down tenth after tenth.

Through almost every corner I thought to myself "woa this is perfect, I won't be able to go through there that fast again" and still the gap goes from 9.3 down to like 8.5

@GOTMAXPOWER is, I regret to inform you, a pad user.

He's a genetic freak and he's not normal, but he is a pad pleb like you and I.

Practice makes perfect, my man, hope we will still be seeing you.

I myself watched the gaps grow all race until getting d/c'd (or the room was ended??) with 20 mins remaining. Win some, lose lots.

Ffs can you believe it, I just had a power cut and it’s taken everything out :banghead::banghead:, after all the problems we had aswell.

However great racing guys, I ran out of fuel trying to get an extra lap out of my first tank :lol:.

Will post tomorrow with regards to the other issues we had. Thanks for the effort!!

Thanks everybody. Good effort. I'm pretty sure my arms won't move tomorrow. :lol:

Highlight for me was Kermit asking "Do you know you're in a Gr.4 car?" :banghead: Good looking out host. 👍

Last edited:
Yea that grid is not for me.
La Sarthe is, by far, my best track. If I can't keep up with y'all there then I'm nowhere on the other tracks.

The wheel users can run more consistently, on a controller you're throwing it into the corner and hoping it's right, if you turn in too early it's tough ****, trying to make any mid-corner adjustments will kill you. What BB were you running? I use +5 in the Toyota which helps get the nose turned into the corners better but it's unstable in the big braking zones (Mulsanne and Arnage).

@GOTMAXPOWER is, I regret to inform you, a pad user.

He's a genetic freak and he's not normal, but he is a pad pleb like you and I.

Pad and chase cam, the way these racing games were designed to be played :cheers:
I myself watched the gaps grow all race

That's because you were in a GT3 car racing against LMP1's :lol:

Ffs can you believe it, I just had a power cut and it’s taken everything out :banghead::banghead:, after all the problems we had aswell.

However great racing guys, I ran out of fuel trying to get an extra lap out of my first tank :lol:.

Will post tomorrow with regards to the other issues we had. Thanks for the effort!!

I think we've used up an entire seasons bad luck in one night, the rest of the races should run perfectly from here.

I cocked up on the second spin, I didn't realise how hard I had hit the wall until later in the lap, I should've posted for a safety car instead of limping back.

I too was getting a little warm. All I've got to ask is did anybody try to save the replay of what we got before the room drop? That skirmish with @MaxAttack was my best ever. It took me a bit to figure out Apex's race strategy. But, I kept messing up & ceding more time to him.

I too was getting a little warm. All I've got to ask is did anybody try to save the replay of what we got before the room drop? That skirmish with @MaxAttack was my best ever. It took me a bit to figure out Apex's race strategy. But, I kept messing up & ceding more time to him.
Thanks man, I agree those opening laps were awesome, you really came out swinging haha. I did my best trying to keep the battle but I just couldn't keep up to you man. Picked up some aero damage somewhere too and had to pit pretty early.

Hope we can have some more battles in the upcoming races :cheers:

Thanks man, I agree those opening laps were awesome, you really came out swinging haha. I did my best trying to keep the battle but I just couldn't keep up to you man. Picked up some aero damage somewhere too and had to pit pretty early.

Hope we can have some more battles in the upcoming races :cheers:

After we got some space between us, I saw that I had some damage as well. But I drove it like that all the way until my first pit stop.

This may be a long post :lol:.

Thanks to all who came last night, I know we had many issues to start but once we finally got going the racing was really enjoyable, the speed difference between gr1 & gr3 is simply incredible. I don't know how they manage to drive under those conditions in real life for 24hrs, I was starting to struggle at around the hour mark and missing braking points etc. I don't think we had a single incident either between the groups which is brilliant and I was really impressed with everyone's awareness of each other on track so kudos to everyone.

My race was going very well to start, had a little battle with @GOTMAXPOWER until he started to really hook up the final sector and was pulling about a second a lap. @Sniparator was sat closely behind for a few laps until finally finding his way past, I struggled in the dirty air but managed to stay with him and we were holding the gap to Max fairly well. Max then crashed letting us by and Sniparator pitted but I decided to change strategy and go for a 1 stopper :lol:. Epic fail, running out of fuel put me nearly a minute behind the leader with no chance of catching up as I was now losing around 2 seconds a lap just saving fuel and making mistakes.

I did notice positions swapping in the gr3 field, glad to hear you guys had some good racing too. I was surprised how early a few of pitted, my test runs in the Peugeot gr3 weren't too bad so I can only assume your were really pushing on the tyres more than I had been??

All in all I actually think last night was a success, we had a good size grid with some close racing without any major dramas. I'm looking forward to Round 1 in 2 weeks time, and hopefully if all goes well, we are expecting another 4 drivers to be taking part 👍.

#####################
Highlighted Issues

Superpole - I'd like to thank you all for your cooperation with Superpole, however I think it was clear to see that the idea doesn't quite work out in practice and leaves a lot of chance for mismanagement. I didn't organize it particularly well, 100% my fault. Its a shame because I really like the idea but I don't think its worth the risk going forwards. I'm also considerate of the time Superpole was taking up especially for our European friends who are an hour ahead of us in the UK, last night after bugs etc they would've finished at 2.30am which I feel is a tad too late.
Going forward I plan to just use the normal 10 minutes qualifying session, with a polite request for either everyone to only complete 2 flying laps, or once they have set a decent lap they're happy with, to pull off to give more space on track for others.

Bugs
- I have no idea why we had so many bugs last night, I don't think I've experienced it so bad before, we got through 3 lobbies and even then @nuthunmuch still had issues and had to leave (apologies and we hope to see you next time 👍) . The strange thing was the initial lobby was fine, it was only once I reset the time that the issues started. The only thing I had tried different was using the "grid set by host" function so I could allow the SC to be on pole.
Next time I will use "fastest first" and we will allow the SC to get to the front before starting the siting lap.

@Chillgamer190 - Great job as SC, did everything we needed you to do 👍 and I hope your still keen to stay involved for the next race. I'm very confident we can negate all of the issues you've raised, I will message you directly and we can do some practice again. Also gutted we couldn't watch the replay, I want to see how you managed to spin it at the end of the lap :scared:.

@GOTMAXPOWER - I was going to call the SC for you, but you were ghosted and with all the bugs we had had, I wasn't sure if you'd somehow bugged out or just gone afk.

@Sniparator - I've never ever seen someone rage quit out of p1, especially as you were 4-5s ahead of Max. Did you have an accident I didn't see? I understand the feeling of having max breathing down you neck, as others have said Max is an extremely talented driver and better than most. However he isn't perfect and you saw in that race even he is prone to mistakes. I'd also like to add you had no idea how he was doing on fuel and tyres. I think you assumed he was going to catch you, instead of letting the race unfold. There are multiple drivers in the field who use controller and were all of different skill levels. There are also drivers who have made it to world finals with controller so by no means are we "too fast". This season was setup for fun and to allow us do multiclass racing, I don't think anyone here is taking the results too seriously.
I was actually really impressed with your driving, I held you up for a couple laps and you could've easily dived on me a few times but didn't. I had no worries with you behind me. Considering I've never raced with you before that's quiet a statement to make after just a few laps. Your clean and fast, easily fast enough for podiums in either class so it would be a shame for you drop out. Hope to see you for round 1 👍.

##################
Other than that, I'll update the procedures as noted above, I will also ping everyone in the week to double check availability for full time drivers so I can organize the teams ready for round 1. Enjoy the rest of the weekend :cheers:.

I did notice positions swapping in the gr3 field, glad to hear you guys had some good racing too. I was surprised how early a few of pitted, my test runs in the Peugeot gr3 weren't too bad so I can only assume your were really pushing on the tyres more than I had been??
I pitted first of all cars because I lost so much time over three laps after getting passed by two cars. The aero damage was making the chicanes difficult and I was losing time in Porsche, since these were the only places I felt the Honda had any edge over the BMW and Chevy I was battling so I felt I really had no choice but to pit.

All in all I don't think my strategy would have been much different, the tyres seemed to wear fairly evenly despite forward brake bias (to deal with the skittishness in the big braking zones). I could have taken the softs a little longer. I was more concerned with fuel than tyres as I did no practice or strategizing so just went flat out with an eye on the needle.

Not sure where I picked that damage up but hey, I was happy with somehow being fastest of the gr.3 cars in quali.

I pitted first of all cars because I lost so much time over three laps after getting passed by two cars. The aero damage was making the chicanes difficult and I was losing time in Porsche, since these were the only places I felt the Honda had any edge over the BMW and Chevy I was battling so I felt I really had no choice but to pit.

All in all I don't think my strategy would have been much different, the tyres seemed to wear fairly evenly despite forward brake bias (to deal with the skittishness in the big braking zones). I could have taken the softs a little longer. I was more concerned with fuel than tyres as I did no practice or strategizing so just went flat out with an eye on the needle.

Not sure where I picked that damage up but hey, I was happy with somehow being fastest of the gr.3 cars in quali.

I didn't feel too bad about losing the Gr. 3 "pole position" when I saw how close my time was. Even with our brief battle, I was surprised at how good the tire wear was (thanks for the multipliers in dailies, PD). And I was going balls to the wall, so fuel was lasting me something like 6 laps.

Sorry for delaying the start of the race. I had cleared the cache just the day prior but I'll try that again.

I thought having a safety car involved was cool and added an additional level of realism to the event. Thanks @Chillgamer190

I agree with @Kermit_2142 that qualifying could be changed. An open 10 minute session would be fine.

Just throwing out an idea for qualifying:
Safety car leads gr3 cars for warm-up (out) lap, safety car returns to pit at end of out lap releasing gr3 cars for single timed 'superpole' lap. At completion of timed lap the order is recorded and gr3 return to pits.
Safety car then leads Gr1 cars for out lap, safety car returns to pit at end of out lap releasing Gr1 for single 'superpole' lap. Qualifying is complete after all Gr1 cars are done their single lap.

This format would allow the safety car to remain involved in qualifying. I think total time for qualifying would be reasonable since only 4 total laps are taking place (out lap and superpole lap for each class). It ensures everyone only gets 1 qualifying lap to keep the pressure on for qualifying. It would be up to the drivers to give themselves a few seconds gap between one another at the start of the superpole lap.

Sorry for delaying the start of the race. I had cleared the cache just the day prior but I'll try that again.

I thought having a safety car involved was cool and added an additional level of realism to the event. Thanks @Chillgamer190

I agree with @Kermit_2142 that qualifying could be changed. An open 10 minute session would be fine.

Just throwing out an idea for qualifying:
Safety car leads gr3 cars for warm-up (out) lap, safety car returns to pit at end of out lap releasing gr3 cars for single timed 'superpole' lap. At completion of timed lap the order is recorded and gr3 return to pits.
Safety car then leads Gr1 cars for out lap, safety car returns to pit at end of out lap releasing Gr1 for single 'superpole' lap. Qualifying is complete after all Gr1 cars are done their single lap.

This format would allow the safety car to remain involved in qualifying. I think total time for qualifying would be reasonable since only 4 total laps are taking place (out lap and superpole lap for each class). It ensures everyone only gets 1 qualifying lap to keep the pressure on for qualifying. It would be up to the drivers to give themselves a few seconds gap between one another at the start of the superpole lap.

No need to apologise, it was a crazy night :lol:.

I was thinking something along these lines, but there a couple issues,
- The safety car has to do a minimum of 2 laps before pitting, else he gets reset to track.
- If anyone if the 2nd group would be bugged it would mean restarting again half way through a session, for efficiency I want to try and get the bugs gone straight away so we can then enjoy an uninterrupted event.

I would like to keep the SC involved in quallifying, chillgamer is doing some testing this week.

###Important###

Hi Guys, I want to get the teams organised by end of the weekend so you can crack on with liveries and car choices for next week.
This post if just to confirm who’s full time and who’s part time incase anyone has changed their mind. (reminder, full time is to try and make 6 of 8 races).

Edit: (for @GOTMAXPOWER )- in no particular order :lol:

Full Time:
@Kermit_2142
@MaxAttack
@GOTMAXPOWER
@NoStopN
@HammyMansell
@GT5Apex

Part Time:
@El_Beardo
@O604
@nuthunmuch
@DelboyD
@Sniparator
@Harmy2010
@Drummer79

If your happy where you are on this list, give this post a like, if not then leave a comment 👍.

I will also be updating the procedures beginning of next week to resolve the problems from pre season.

Edit: List updated 17th May

Last edited:
Just a heads up guys, Teams are to be decided asap, I'm just waiting on 2 more to confirm their availability. Looks like we'll be running 3, maybe 4 teams after a couple drivers have switched to part time. I was hoping for at least 4 teams but I figured even with 3, we might aswell still do it anyway. Driver championship looking healthy, with 13 signed up.

With regards to the safety car & qualifying issues we had during preseason, I think we've resolved them after testing last night, I want to double check it works on all tracks but its looking good so far 👍.

For anyone practicing for round 1, were running Fuji - short version and an early or late slot, for that real endurance vibe.

Hi guys,

I've updated the Team List (also on page 1), we have 3 confirmed teams and each team has an A and B rated driver. I've made them as equal as possible from DR rank and looking over previous finishes from the Bridgestone Tour. Should be interesting to see how it works out.

driver list.jpg

The Race Entry List is now open (also on page 1), so if you want to sign up early for Saturday, let me know.
Teams
- Remember each team must have a car in each class. (decide between yourselves)
Part Time Drivers - Can use any of your pre-chosen cars, however I would still like an even split between each class' (as much as possible anyway), so this will be on a first come first served basis.

Driver Championship - Bare in mind each class scores equally, eg: The winners of GR1 and Gr3 will be in joint first place and so on. Hopefully if all goes as planned we should have a really close season!

Safety Car - We have a better idea for qualifying and SC, things will be much simpler and more enjoyable for everyone, an update will follow this week

Am I allowed to run just the gr 3 and 4 class? I thought I had a Gr 1 car but I don’t and don’t have enough credits to buy one.
You can earn 1M credits fairly quickly through the professional level GT league events.

This article (and it's attached forum thread) might help: www.gtplanet.net/easiest-ways-make-money-xp-gt-sport/

@Kermit_2142 whew, so I'm teamed with the bossman, cool. Feel free to PM me about practice, liveries, whatever else. I'll try and not come last for us :d

I'll go ahead and give you first choice what class to drive.

Back