BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
### Race Day Notice ###

We are under 3 hours away from Round 7 at Spa with Gr1 & Gr3. We have a good sized grid with 4 in Gr1 and 5 in Gr3. From the Entry List I'm expecting more close racing from both classes 👍. To confirm this race will be held in wet conditions which is going to demand the highest levels of concentration for those that really want to fight for the win.

Safety Car
Sadly there will be no Safety Car for this race. Full damage will still be on, I would recommend that drivers pit to fix any car damage as it can be surprising the amount of time even a small amount of damage can cost, however you are allowed to drive with damage if you so wish.

Super Pole
As usual qualifying will be under the Super Pole format, You will have 10 minutes to complete 1 flying lap, please return to the pits or wait safely off circuit once your lap is completed.

Manual Rolling Start
Gr1 will lead us around for the siting lap, any Gr1 Cars that qualify below Gr3 will be allowed to pass and join their place at the back of the Gr1 pack. The Leader can start the race at any point after the final chicane. T1 could be an easy place for an incident so please be extra careful.

Track Hazards
The track in general is fairly safe with run off at most hot spots, the walls at the top of Au Rouge are lethal if hit and the final chicane is a nightmare in the wet. The pit entry can be tricky, the sun is a little blinding which can mean its easy to cut the green tarmac on the pit entry. I would try and avoid doing this as it puts you at an awful angle next to the pit wall and in the wet its very easy to pick up damage. If you haven't already I advise practicing the pit entry, keep it tight to the right after the first part of the chicane, ignore the sun and go around the green tarmac as normal.

Overtaking
We've not had any major issues so far with overtaking and Spa has plenty of good overtaking opportunities. Gr1 have around a 23s advantage over Gr3 so should have ample speed to clear traffic without issues. As usual it is Gr1's responsibility to lap cars safely.

Hopefully I will be opening the lobby slightly early for a short warm up, Good Luck to all and have a great race :cheers:

What a fantastic race we had last night!!! Its easy to enjoy a race when your able to fight for the win, but I think I would have enjoyed it just as much without it. Congrats to all who completed the whole 90 minutes, it was a really tough race and thanks to all for giving it a go.

Thanks for everyone's patience with the connection issues, especially our EU friends who ended up being up very very late by the end. Sadly we had a DC from @Timlour who was fighting for the lead despite not being able to qualify.

I was really glad I did plenty of practice for this one, the extra session with @MaxAttack really helped me to get the most I could out of the Porsche. I had a great race with both @GOTMAXPOWER and @Timlour, they were getting faster and faster every lap meaning I had to push really hard the whole race. The Gr3 battle for p2 looked intense and lasted the whole race. It was great fun (and also **** scary) trying to lap you guys safely, while trying not to affect your battle too much but also trying not to lose time to the other Gr1 drivers. Congratulations to all of you guys for a race long clean battle, I'm really looking forward to watching that replay and @brini79 for the Gr3 win. Kudos to @racefan88 who had a difficult and lonely race in Gr1, great commitment for sticking it out 👍.

I really enjoyed that one, so thanks to all. Hopefully I should have time this week to get some race highlights, and I should have a short video from the Gr3 Autopolis battle as well.

Hopefully see you all the the final race at Suzuka with Gr3 & Gr4 in 2 weeks time.

:cheers:

I apologize to all for dropping out after 30 minutes, although it started as a tough race with the "Banana Boat" GR.1 I feel I actually was getting the hang of it after 6 - 7 laps. I lost internet connection for about 5 minutes which kicked me out of the race/room and I am sorry I did not finish the race..

FINAL ROUND 8 SUZUKA GR3/GR4 - sign ups now open!!! I’m hoping we can finish he season off with a full grid 👍👍

I’ve just gotten round to watching the replay of Spa, what a race!!! After an initial battle, Gr1 was pretty much decided by the half way point after a few accidents had taken place and then Timlour had sadly DC’d. The Gr3 battle for p2 raged on until the final laps, great job guys that was a good race to watch :cheers:.

upload_2020-8-18_0-57-38.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_0-58-12.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_0-58-37.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_0-59-1.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_0-59-25.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_0-59-51.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-0-14.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-0-38.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-1-2.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-1-24.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-1-57.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-2-21.jpeg

upload_2020-8-18_1-2-47.jpeg

(track limits “cough”)

Last edited:
I would love to participate in Gr.3 in this circuit, but if someone really wants to be in that category, I can go Gr.4 as I've been racing Gr.3 for two races now ^^

I would love to participate in Gr.3 in this circuit, but if someone really wants to be in that category, I can go Gr.4 as I've been racing Gr.3 for two races now ^^

Signed up for Gr3 for now 👍

Also everyone I can confirm the safety Car should be available for this final race :cheers:.

Just over 24 hours until the Final Race at Suzuka with Gr3 & Gr4. Looking forward to a good race around a circuit that suits both categories and I can confirm the forecast is going to be dry!!!!!

For those not already signed up please let me know your attendance.

Wont be able to make the finale as I have a day out with the wife planned.

Really enjoyed the couple of races I was able to make and will keep an eye out for future events.

@Kermit_2142 thanks for hosting.

Good luck in the race everyone!

Wont be able to make the finale as I have a day out with the wife planned.

Really enjoyed the couple of races I was able to make and will keep an eye out for future events.

@Kermit_2142 thanks for hosting.

Good luck in the race everyone!

Appreciate it thank you, glad you enjoyed the series, it’s been a pleasure racing with you :cheers:.

Just over 24 hours until the Final Race at Suzuka with Gr3 & Gr4. Looking forward to a good race around a circuit that suits both categories and I can confirm the forecast is going to be dry!!!!!

For those not already signed up please let me know your attendance.

Hello. I can make tonight. GR3 Lexus.

### Race Day Notice ###
We are under 3 hours away from Round 8 at Suzuka with Gr3 & Gr4.

Safety Car
@Chillgamer190 has confirmed he is available as Safety Car this evening. As usual the Safety Car is available for the entire race. Any damage at any time = Debris on Track = Safety Car required. If you have damage please type “Safety Car” in chat and the procedure will start (ref page 1).

Super Pole
As usual qualifying will be under the Super Pole format. To start the session the Safety Car will compete 1 circuit check lap. Please do not overtake the Safety Car during this period. You will have 8 minutes to complete 1 flying lap, please return to the pits or wait safely off circuit once your lap is completed.

Manual Rolling Start
Please allow the Safety Car to join the front of the Grid and lead us round for the warm up lap. Any Gr3 Cars that qualify below Gr4 will be allowed to pass and join their place at the back of the Gr3 pack. The Leader can start the race at any point after the final chicane. T1 could be an easy place for an incident on cold tyres so please be extra careful.

Overtaking
The only awkward place I can foresee issues is at 130R. Ideally Gr3 can pass before the braking zone side by side doesn’t usually end well for at least 1 person :lol:.

Hopefully I will be opening the lobby slightly early for a short warm up, Good Luck to all and have a great race :cheers:

Back