Kermit's Multi Class Endurance Series - Finished

BOP Update May 22nd 2020 for Round 2 Onwards - Poll closes Wed 3rd June

• Yes - Use new BOP

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No - Stick with original BOP

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think @GT5Apex was parked up for a whilst, I assume something happened in the real world?? If it was a DC I will B your score the same. (Also not sure if I ran you wide at the final hairpin, apologies if i did, I didn’t see/feel contact but I was pretty deep on worn front tyres)
:cheers:

Yeah i did DC unfortunately.

I dont think you ran me wide at the final hairpin, i think i was on old tyres at the time and i slightly outbreaked my self going into the final hairpin.

Just watched the race replay from Dragon Trail and it’s awesome watching the onboards from everyone’s perspective.

Great job as always with awareness of each other on track. Gr3 drivers are as good as the pros now at making it easy for the Gr1 cars to get by 👍.

I’ve shared the replay in game, the first half an hour is a decent watch, plenty going on all through the field.

upload_2020-7-15_0-50-25.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-51-7.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-51-39.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-52-11.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-52-39.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-53-4.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-53-30.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-53-53.jpeg

upload_2020-7-15_0-54-24.jpeg

I thought I’d share the final clash between myself and @GOTMAXPOWER after we’d been battling all race. He got a good undercut so I spent the last 20 minutes chasing him down and really gave it my all in the final moments. Congrats again, a great win 👍.

I thought I’d share the final clash between myself and @GOTMAXPOWER after we’d been battling all race. He got a good undercut so I spent the last 20 minutes chasing him down and really gave it my all in the final moments. Congrats again, a great win 👍.

That was a nice fight all race, you had better pace and were somehow getting great fuel mileage from the Porsche. It was similar to Yamagiwa in that the top 2 were nose to tail and I was about to run out of fuel (I can never do the maths on how much will be needed before the last stop whilst driving).

Hopefully we have the same again at Autopolis :cheers:

Hi all, I shall be holding a practice lobby tonight usual time 23:00 / 18:00, I haven't chosen a time setting yet, open to suggestions and will try a few tonight.

For those not already signed up for Round 6 Autopolis Gr3/Gr4 on Saturday we have plenty of spots in both classes 👍

Cheers :cheers:

Last edited:
I’ll run Gr 3 on Saturday - I felt comfortable enough to not be a hazard and for some reason I’m relatively slower in gr 3 cars compared to other classes so I want more time behind to wheel to work on that

Hello,

I'd like to join the series if there is still room for new people.

GTP Name: brini79
PSN Name: br1n179
Race Number: 21
Car Choices: Peugeot HDi Gr.1 / McLaren 650S Gr.3 / McLaren 650S Gr.4

Welcome along!! Yes we’ve got plenty of spaces available for tomorrow’s race. Have you decided which car your going to use tomorrow??

Hello,
I would like to sign up for the series :
GTP : K3vin17
PSN : K3v1n417
Gr1 : Audi R18 '16
Gr3 : Mercedes AMG GT3 '16
Gr4 : Aston Martin Vantage
Race Number : 4
For Autopolis, I would like to drive the Gr3 AMG (but no problem if I have to use the Vantage)

I'd like to run Gr.3, but if we need to balance the categories, I don't mind racing in Gr.4

Hello,
I would like to sign up for the series :
GTP : K3vin17
PSN : K3v1n417
Gr1 : Audi R18 '16
Gr3 : Mercedes AMG GT3 '16
Gr4 : Aston Martin Vantage
Race Number : 4
For Autopolis, I would like to drive the Gr3 AMG (but no problem if I have to use the Vantage)

Great to have new entries, I’ll put you both down for Gr3 :cheers:

I figured so that's what I practiced for a bit. Ended up doing mid 46s on mediums quite comfortably.

Yh softs are just over a second a lap faster but the fronts on all cars are dieing after 10-12 laps. If we have a safety car tomorrow (waiting for confirmation) your likely to have free stops from accidents so softs are usually the way to go.
Practice last night - the weight saving from fuel usage outweighed the tyre wear so I was setting fastest laps on lap 8/9 of the stint in both classes. The 2 stop and 3 stop should be close in overall time as pit loss is 10s just for tyres.

#### Pre Race Notice ####
We have a good turnout for this race with 12 drivers signed up including the Safety Car. We have an even split in both classes so there should be plenty of racing for everyone as usual. Welcome to our new entries, I'm looking forward to racing with you, please make sure your familiar with the procedures on page 1 and enjoy the race!

Safety Car

We have the Safety Car for tonight's race. There is plenty of deep gravel at most of the critical points so I'm not expecting a busy race for the Safety Car. With this in mind and just a reminder to all, Any Damage received at Any Time qualifies for a Safety car callout - just type "Safety car" in chat to start the procedure.

SuperPole
Tonight we are running Superpole qualifying, as usual the Safety Car will complete 1 sighting lap to start the session. Try not to leave Pit lane before the Safety Car and please do not overtake the Safety Car. There is plenty of time during the session to complete a lap so no need to all rush out at once.

Manual Rolling Start
As usual we will be completing 1 warm up lap with the Safety Car leading the way. Please do not move away until the Safety Car has made its way to the front of the grid. Any Gr3 cars that unfortunately qualify behind Gr4 are allowed to pass on the warm up lap to join the back of the Gr3 pack. The race will start once the Safety Car has moved out of the way and the Leading Car has passed the pit entry.

Overtaking
There is plenty of great overtaking opportunities at Autopolis and everyone has shown great awareness so far this season so I have no real concerns for this circuit. The usual applies, it is Gr3's responsibility to make a safe clean pass when lapping Gr4 cars, the lap difference between classes is around 10-15s so we are looking at around the 20minute mark for the first lapping to take place.

Hopefully I will be able to open the lobby a little early to allow a short warm up. Good luck to all and have a good race :cheers:

Sadly the Safety Car is cancelled for this evening.

Rolling start warm up lap will be lead by Gr3.

lobby open - 0475-4341-3143-0094-3428

Last edited:
Great race for me, after a horrendous weekend of racing gone by. I decided to qualify nice and safe and feel the race as it had come, having done a bit of practice earlier in the day.

Dropped back a bit in stint one, but I knew the BMW and Lexus wouldn't want to do more than say, 12 laps on the softs, so I formulated a mad plan and 2 stopped the race.

The idea was to spend as much time physically close to the other cars as possible and try to back @GT5Apex onto @DelboyD so they'd lose as much time battling as they could. Stint one worked out nicely as I pitted out of traffic into nice clean air. The BMW had the better of me though and I couldn't keep the pace to execute that part of the master plan, so Delboy became my focus.

The Lexus looked like a real handful and I was glad except for one small error I was able to consistently lap and when stint 3 came around the gains were big and steady. Got all the various moves off nice and clean so I'm happy with myself and everyone.

Honda NSX best.

That one was tricky for me. Four significant mistakes - three were off track moments, nothing major but enough for the gap to @GT5Apex become too big for me to catch up. Plus I think I was just slower tonight.

The killer mistake for me was going on to mediums for the last stint. Ok, I did make it to the end when I would have had an extra pit stop on the softs, but my pace was poor even when the mediums were fresh.

@MaxAttack I don't know how you managed to keep the softs alive for as long as you did in your stints.

Highlight for me was my qually lap. I was struggling to put in 1:53s in practice this morning. My qually was 1:52.9xx. Went all in and nailed it. Too slow to beat @Timlour for GR4 pole, but he's all round faster than me so I wasn't expecting to beat him.

That one was tricky for me. Four significant mistakes - three were off track moments, nothing major but enough for the gap to @GT5Apex become too big for me to catch up. Plus I think I was just slower tonight.

The killer mistake for me was going on to mediums for the last stint. Ok, I did make it to the end when I would have had an extra pit stop on the softs, but my pace was poor even when the mediums were fresh.

@MaxAttack I don't know how you managed to keep the softs alive for as long as you did in your stints.

Highlight for me was my qually lap. I was struggling to put in 1:53s in practice this morning. My qually was 1:52.9xx. Went all in and nailed it. Too slow to beat @Timlour for GR4 pole, but he's all round faster than me so I wasn't expecting to beat him.
I'm not sure either; I was in some kinda zone once we got into the race. Saw your quali lap and thought, oh no! But managed to stay close for long enough to make something happen. 2 stop was a gamble but in hindsight the best option given my lack of pace.

Back