Ketchup on a hot dog?

Ketchup/catsup on a hot dog, an abomination?

• Yes.

Votes: 18 46.2%
  • No.

Votes: 21 53.8%

• Total voters
United States
Inland Empire SoCal
SOLID_LIFTERS
What is your opinion? I think people who put that crap on a hot dog should be killed in the most disgusting manner possible!:odd:

I dont mind it sometimes, but I like them best with spicy mustard & sauerkraut!!
I try to eat Kosher hot dogs though, because
psst.gif
The mob is big in the meat buisness.
If you saw last night's re-run of the Sopranos, you'll know what I mean.
Also, I'll have a link in a minute.

Originally posted by Solid Lifters
What is your opinion? I think people who put that crap on a hot dog should be killed in the most disgusting manner possible!:odd:

Hey! It's the only way to cover the taste of the hog's anus in the dog!

Ketchup, Mustard (spicy) and Relish on a toasted bun.

Preferably steamed or of a grill.

Hotdog's are one of lifes little pleasures. They taste great as long as you don't ask how they are made.

AO

Spicy brown mustard, relish, and onions. If I'm feeling self-indugent, some cheese or chili.

But to quote Harry Callahan: "Nobody - and I mean nobody - puts ketchup on a hot dog."

Originally posted by vat_man
Hey! It's the only way to cover the taste of the hog's anus in the dog!
vat_man, you're the last person I'd expect to see in a thread about such an unhealthful food! :P

As for what I put on hot dogs, I can't even remember... it's been ages since I'd had one. The raccoons sure like them though!

Ketchup on a hotdog? Well I never. Mustard (any one of many good varieties), chopped onion, chopped tomato, and celery salt. Maybe some hot peppers. Chicago style.

I don't really like Ketchup at all. But when I was a little kid I ate it with a spoon

I voted "NO" that it is NOT an abomination. I like Ketchup, relish, and mustard on mine. We really don't have good HotDogs here.... My buddy from NY brought some over once that were awesome. I didn't use Ketchup on those, just some sourcrout and mustard.

Erm, my first post disappeared.

Spicy mustard, relish, and onions for me. I can't stand ketchup at all. I try to avoid it at all costs. To tell you the truth, I've never had a chili dog. I must be missing out.

OA

Mmmm... bratwurst. But no ketchup there either. Actually you ought to be killed if you put ketchup on a brat. Onions and horseradish.

ketchup, mustard, cheese, onions umm......i can almost taste it....thats the altimate dog right there, it sure beats a weiner in a dry bun, how can anyone not use ketchup

Originally posted by Der Alta
Hotdog's...taste great as long as you don't ask how they are made.

True. All the more reason to hate the Germans though, right?

:P

I've gotten quite fond of ketchup, mustard, just a touch of mayonaisse, mozerella cheese, and maybe a little bit of bean sprouts or potato sticks... Mmm.

Originally posted by Giancarlo
I've gotten quite fond of ketchup, mustard, just a touch of mayonaisse, mozerella cheese, and maybe a little bit of bean sprouts or potato sticks... Mmm.
With a hot dog under all that?

And I completely forgot my favorite!

Taco dogs!

It's all the mixin's of a taco, but slathered over a Hotdog.

My wife really loves Mayo and Ketchup on her hotdogs. I'd say she's not quite right in the head, but considering she married me, it's almost a given.

AO

Originally posted by Sage
vat_man, you're the last person I'd expect to see in a thread about such an unhealthful food! :P

As for what I put on hot dogs, I can't even remember... it's been ages since I'd had one. The raccoons sure like them though!

I haven't had one in ages, I must admit.

That said, I was raised in Melbourne, Victoria, and there is a bit of a tradition of drowning any form of junk food (well, not sweet ones) in tomato sauce (our version of ketchup, with less sugar). Bit of a habit that never goes away.

The wife likes ketchup, but I've been steering her towards Batampte's Spicy Mustard. Throw on the relish and onions, and there's just no room for castup (or ketchup).

I've only recently discovered chili dogs...almost worth the potential indigestion.

Originally posted by pupik
The wife likes ketchup, but I've been steering her towards Batampte's Spicy Mustard. Throw on the relish and onions, and there's just no room for castup (or ketchup).

I had no idea Ba-Tampte's was available in England! I always thought they were produced in Brooklyn, New York (Well, actually they are!) They make awesome half-sour pickles, too! Is it produced locally, or imported?

Wow! What a great response! I'm glad to see soo many fellow hot dog lovers.:D

First off, some of those toppings were just to disgusting to respond to. :yuck:

Second, I would love to hear more about the brand names of your favorite toppings and were to get them so I can try some for myself. Here are mine.

Mustard: Bertman's Ball Park, and Stadium Mustard. americanspice You can get a lot of other toppings that might strike your fancy.

Chili: The only other topping that belongs on a hot dog other than the two mustards above. The best place to buy chili is this place, originaltommys Just go to FAQ and get the number to call to get the best chili I've ever had!

Well, ENJOY!:D

Sorry, how can I forget about the most important thing about the hot dog, the BEFF FRANK! Notice I said beef frank and not "meat wiener." Meat wieners are the most horrendous meat product in the hot dog world! The two best available beef franks I feel that can be bought in most supermarkets are Nathan's and Hebrew National. Just remember, you "GRILL" beef franks. DO NOT boil them!:D

Yeah, Nathan's and HN are the best all-beef dogs, but they are l-o-a-d-e-d with fat. I've actually taken to eating Healthy Choice all-beef dogs, which are a lot lower in fat and still pretty tasty.

For mustard I like Gulden's Spicy Brown, and for relish I like Claussen's Dill Relish. Chili for the hot dogs is Hormel No Beans from a can, though if I'm eating chili by itself I always make my own.

Originally posted by Rat Bastid
I had no idea Ba-Tampte's was available in England! I always thought they were produced in Brooklyn, New York (Well, actually they are!) They make awesome half-sour pickles, too! Is it produced locally, or imported?
I don't think it's available there either, I'm from New-New York (South Florida), by the way.

Back