Keyboard usage on Console Version?????? Please!!!!! :)

• Thread starter Mirror_man
  • 8 comments
Portugal
Seixal
zefthebestofcour
I tried to use my keyboard... someway... as I do in other games... (I have a PS4 and a keyboard...) but no luck... and then.. I found this curious thread on the official ACC Kunos Forum:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/...en-features-with-controls-and-keyboard.65079/

For those that my not have acces it says:

XB1 Hidden features with controls and keyboard

First off thank you Kunos!! I have never enjoyed a racing game on xbox so much (yes even with 30fps) but moving on...

So firstly although RS is bound to viewing left and right, up and down are not used. These can still be used for mappings, I use it to increase and decrease ABS, even though they don't show as being bound.

Secondly keyboards are recognised although they too do not allow mapping and I can use one to navigate the menus which seems interesting. So I started playing around trying to get it to work and I stumbled across something very promising. KEYBOARDS WORK! You cant change the mappings but default mappings are supplied and whats more they can be found in game! Pressing F2 allowed me to cycle through the HUD displays and what did I find... Blank, Basic HUD, Help, Timetable and Broadcasting!!! I'll explain each below:

Blank is as expected, it removes all HUD displays except a CPU warning that appears in the top right. (More evidence of how taxing this game is!)

Basic HUD is as expected, default display that would appear to be all that is possible without a keyboard.

Help is the gem! It overlays all the preset keyboard bindings which for the most part all work! This includes camera movement!! Thats right you can change the seat position its in game!! FOV is still locked as to be expected but hopefully changing seat position can alleviate some problems for some people. VR options are still here also leading me to believe this was all stuff bought in from the port somewhat unknowingly.

Timetable is believe should overlay the timetable results seen at the garage? However this has an issue of the table itself being tiny in the center of the screen as if the resolution has not been synced for this feature although the other overlay parts on this screen appear to function normally.

Broadcasting is as expected that I believe is designed for streaming and spectating races on PC.

All in all this is very interesting and goes some way to show just how much of a copy this port is. It gives me hope these features can be utilised further, PLEASE LET ME MAP KEYBOARD KEYS, and having the timetable screen working would be so useful. Removing the CPU warning in the blank screen would be very nice as this is the view I typically use in other games only showing the HUD to get information needed at the time (Helps with the load and smoothness I believe). All I ask is please don't close this part of the game off Kunos although I understand this may open up some unexpected vulnerabilities, and open it up further to make this game as complete as I believe it really can be.

Again thank you Kunos I know i'm going to love this game for years to come.

That is only the start of the trhead... reading through it... I discovered that it only works with XBOX!!!!! :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬:(:(:(:guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::guilty::crazy::crazy::crazy::crazy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy::grumpy:

Last edited:
Have Kunos responded to this request for either AC or ACC?
Kunos isn't in front of the development and support of consoles version, they are only full dedicated to the PC version.

The console port is made by a British multigames dev company called D3T LDT and helped by 505games.

All requests and bug/issues reports has to been done filling in a bug report form;

https://fs30.formsite.com/505games/acc-console/index.html

Keyboard support, as double button maping (existing on PC version) , autodor system (as on PC) , camera movement settings and VoF settings between others have been requested a lot of times since game launch.

The only answer from Dev team on 505games AC support channel on discord was "no plans for it" and we didn't hear anything from them anymore, not even answers or explanations of a lot of issues and bugs which are console version exclusive.
Since last update, no words either of the missing core version updates (PC is 10 versions ahead) or bug/issues fixes updates or news about the "next gen" version or why they took away the season pass from playstation & Xbox stores.

Original AC was made for consoles and supported by Kunos Simulazione themselves, but support of original AC has ended some years ago.

So for ACC , only "news" was a tweet reply to an user asking about the 2021 liveries saying "consoles version news "coming soon".
For the rest, I only can suggest request missing features (that are in PC version like keyboard support) and report bugs/issues through the form and cross fingers hopping that they implement it/fix it

Thanks for the update. It doesn’t look like they are very interested in their customers, just making money! I have already tried emailing Kunos, but I will try emailing them & report back of any response. By the way, are you aware of what PS games support button boxes?

Thanks for the update. It doesn’t look like they are very interested in their customers, just making money! I have already tried emailing Kunos, but I will try emailing them & report back of any response. By the way, are you aware of what PS games support button boxes?
The 2 first pcars games support button boxes/ keyboard for extra maping, they also have a good UDP support

Thanks for that. I know PC3 was a bit of a waste of time, but does that support button boxes & do any other PS games support them. Sorry for being thick, what do you mean by good UDP support?

Thanks for that. I know PC3 was a bit of a waste of time, but does that support button boxes & do any other PS games support them. Sorry for being thick, what do you mean by good UDP support?
UDP support (User Datagram Protocol). It is a communications protocol and allows a games like Project Cars to provide a data stream that can be used by 3rd party applications like SimHub, RS Dash etc.

Back