Koenigsegg Jesko Coming to the Next Forza Title?

It's probably too early for it to be talk for FM8, more likely this will be the main poster car for the 2nd FH4 expansion. No way to be sure for now though.

It's probably too early for it to be talk for FM8, more likely this will be the main poster car for the 2nd FH4 expansion. No way to be sure for now though.

This car debuted like a month ago. It takes way longer than that to license a car, let alone model and develop it.

If the rumors of FM8 being a next-X launch title are true, this would arguably be a little late, really. The team talked with McLaren on the Senna's cover-car status before the car was even revealed.

This car debuted like a month ago. It takes way longer than that to license a car, let alone model and develop it.

It does, but multiple developers have worked with manufacturers to digitize their cars well before the public unveiling. PD, T10, and SMS have all done it (with, as just single examples for each respective franchise, the C7 Corvette, 991.2 GT2 RS, and 720S).

I also feel it's too early to be revealing Forza Motorsport 8 cars, since they aren't even coming out this year. Maybe T10 is just getting really early headstart on modelling the car?

Do you think there is any credibility to the Forza Horizon Lego expansion that is taking over the subreddit right now?

I think we had that discussion just a few days (or was it a week?) ago in the general discussion thread. I haven't really kept up with the stories, though.

Off-topic, but we ever wonder why Koenigsegg has appeared and licensed in every racing games (including indies and non-popular racing game) but only Gran Turismo as exemption? I dunno if someone brought this in the past news but afaik no one yet.

Off-topic, but we ever wonder why Koenigsegg has appeared and licensed in every racing games (including indies and non-popular racing game) but only Gran Turismo as exemption? I dunno if someone brought this in the past news but afaik no one yet.

I think its because PD has not bothered to contact Keonigsegg about it.

Thats my take in the whole thing because Keonigsegg is not exclusive to anybody and has appeared in numerous racing games.

Last edited:
I think its because PD has not bothered to contact Keonigsegg about it.

Thats my take in the whole because Keonigsegg is not exclusive to anybody and have appeared in numerous racing games.
I always thought Koenigsegg wasn't intetested or haven't appeared in Japanese games.

Maybe the Jesko will be appearing in the presentation of Forza in the E3 scenery.
But why PD doesn't like Koenigsegg or what?, this is sad, i don´t think is a license issue if Driveclub already had the cars

Yeah, I know right? Besides Forza, Koenigsegg seems to have been very synonymous with Need For Speed over the years...

PD has had a lackluster line up of new cars for a while. Most exititing new cars are probably just glanzed over at PD HQ, then someone says, how about adding another GT-R to the game, and the whole office cheers. It's simply incomprehensible why there are no Koenigsegg cars in GT.

Yeah, I know right? Besides Forza, Koenigsegg seems to have been very synonymous with Need For Speed over the years...
Only applies to newly released cars but lately they'll appear in other racings.

We need a research behind this mysterious relations of Koenigsegg and PD why they haven't reach each other.

If the rumors of FM8 being a next-X launch title are true, this would arguably be a little late, really. The team talked with McLaren on the Senna's cover-car status before the car was even revealed.

Everything should be taken with a grain of salt. For all we know, T10 might have already been working with the Swedes already. Not sure if 'Welcome to T10' actually means "This is the precise day our partnership starts" or if it's just the right time, marketing wise, to announce it. My past experience with having knowledge about Forza 7's involvement with the GT2 RS makes me think the latter rather than the former - but again, grain of salt.

Only applies to newly released cars but lately they'll appear in other racings.

We need a research behind this mysterious relations of Koenigsegg and PD why they haven't reach each other.
My theory is that not many Japanese game developers have really been keen on Koenigsegg over the years. Although I keep spamming Kaz's Twitter to ask him to add Koenigseggs to GT Sport in an upcoming update, if not, the one after.

Speaking of which, I hope you can support my suggestion for the Regera here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/koenigsegg-regera-2015.324878/

Turn10 told us when the team shifted to FM8 and i don't expect a release this year. However, the engine team surely did continue working on ForzaTech and i could see them doing an teaser (tech) trailer with this car.

The FH4 expansion is rumoured to be about a theme that doesn't fit this car imo.

Because Koenigsegg's raison d'être (the pursuit of maximum top speed) is seen by perfectionist Kaz as "frivolous".

[j/k]

(honestly with so many oddballs in historic Gran Turismo you'd expect to see a Koenigsegg but the real reason is probably licensing)

Because Koenigsegg's raison d'être (the pursuit of maximum top speed) is seen by perfectionist Kaz as "frivolous".

[j/k]

(honestly with so many oddballs in historic Gran Turismo you'd expect to see a Koenigsegg but the real reason is probably licensing)
I fondly remember Koenigsegg CC8S in forza 4, it was a handling monster, more focused on track efficiency than top speed.
I miss it, the new ones quite don't have the same feeling.

[j/k]

If so why do we have the Bugatti Veyron??

Keonigsegg is not just speed but it is also showcases their technical prowress.

Hopefully we will see Koenigsegg make its appearance in GT7 its too good not to ignore.

I highly doubt Koenigsegg will even be in GT7. Don't even ask or hope for it.

Back on topic: Looking forward to seeing this car get featured in FM8. I imagine that is what T10 are planning to do with this car for FM8's reveal, while adding it to FH4 on the week as Summer Game Fest 2020.

That could be why we haven't gotten it just yet. 👍

Last edited:
Back