Koenigsegg Regera- 1,520hp Hybrid Megacar! Production version revealed

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 283 comments
"Ve tought simply beink in von does not make owners look like enough of a tool, ja? So ve give zem ziss..."

Christian von Koenigsegg

That's a horrible attempt at a Swedish accent :P

Here is how it's done properly:

The "th" of "them" and "this" is replaced with d, not z: "dem dis".

The "th" of "thought" is replaced with s, not t: "sought"

"Being" remains as it is (does not become "beink"), and "one" does not become "von" and "we" does not become "ve".

Swedes do not say "ja" at the end of a question, so there's no reason why we would mix that up and use a Swedish "ja" instead of an English "yes".

"So" may sometimes be replaced with "saw", and had there been a "thanks" it could be written as "fanks".

So, with a proper Swedish accent:

"We sought simply being in one does not make owners look like enough of a tool, yes? Saw we give dem dis..."

"Being" remains as it is (does not become "beink"), and "one" does not become "von" and "we" does not become "ve".

Swedes do not say "ja" at the end of a question, so there's no reason why we would mix that up and use a Swedish "ja" instead of an English "yes".

"So" may sometimes be replaced with "saw", and had there been a "thanks" it could be written as "fanks".

"We sought simply being in one does not make owners look like enough of a tool, yes? Saw we give dem dis..."
Are you Swedish/Scandanavian?

1520HP! Why?

Because they can?

It could be a nod to king Gustav I. 1520 was the year of the Stockholm Bloodbath, which sparked the Swedish War of Liberation (liberation from the Danish king) and marks Sweden's entrance into the modern era. As the Regera itself is said to mark the beginning of a new era for Koenigsegg, and since Regera means "to rule" in Swedish, it's not as far-fetched as it may seem.

Of course, it could also be a total coincidence...

It could be a nod to king Gustav I. 1520 was the year of the Stockholm Bloodbath, which sparked the Swedish War of Liberation (liberation from the Danish king) and marks Sweden's entrance into the modern era. As the Regera itself is said to mark the beginning of a new era for Koenigsegg, and since Regera means "to rule" in Swedish, it's not as far-fetched as it may seem.

Good work. It's almost certainly not by coincidence. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'm quite sure Koenigsegg is the only company building hypercars I'm actually excited about.

The Regera is as close as we'll see to a Top Fuel dragster you can buy groceries in for a while. Don't need a gearbox when you have 1500hp available, but a clutch would have wear issues, making a torque converter perfect for the job. Incidentally it appears to drive just like something with an oldschool slushbox would, minus the slush as the electric motors can fill in. Awesome.

This put things in perspective. Good explanation.

I guess it all doesn't matter as Christian speaks English fluently.

That would be freaking badass right there.

Hypercars aren't enough, so now they're making megacars?

I need to sit down and think about this for a while.

On another note, the Regera reminds me of the Agera.

Koenigsegg announced via twitter that 80 Regera will be made.
01-29-01.24.47.jpg

Last edited:
Production vesrion of the Regera-

It has over 3,000 changes from concept.

Curb weight with - complete with all water, oils and fuel - of just 1590kgs. Dry weight is 1470kgs.
Regera the world’s first 800V production car

The Regera will reach 0-100 km/h in 2.8 seconds, 0-200 in just 6.6 seconds and 0-300 in a blistering 10.9 seconds. Koenigsegg estimate a 0-400 km/h time of 20 seconds and acceleration from 150 to 250km/h in just 3.9 seconds.

http://koenigsegg.com/koenigsegg-presents-agera-rs-production-regera-and-agera-final-at-geneva-2016/

02-29-11.28.24.jpg

02-29-11.27.52.jpg

02-29-11.34.27.jpg

Last edited:
Dan
Much better in red than pale blue. :drool:

Don't forget the carbon stripe going down the sides, lovely detail. But I bet it will look even better in black... :drool:👍

But in all seriousness, the specs are quite impressive for an hybrid car; light weight, blistering acceleration, that Direct Drive system... I would love if Koenigsegg would allow car magazines to thoroughly test the Regera without restraints, just to see how good the car can be in a track environment. If the car proves itself, then Koenigsegg will have made an unmistakable impact...

Wait a second... are there two types of rims to choose from? That is rather surprising, I thought that the "nuclear" rims would be the only ones available for the Regera...

Wow, I normally like black wheels on colors like that, but damn they look good with the metal finish.

Wait a second... are there two types of rims to choose from? That is rather surprising, I thought that the "nuclear" rims would be the only ones available for the Regera...

I didn't even notice until now. They look awesome.

Dan
I didn't even notice until now. They look awesome.

Call me silly if you must, but they look like rims that would suit a Spyker, to be frankly honest. That is not meant to be an insult, mind you, because they suit the car like a glove while not taking anything away from the design. So there you go; if you dislike the "nuclear" rims, you can always opt for a more conventional option rims-wise...

Call me silly if you must, but they look like rims that would suit a Spyker, to be frankly honest. That is not meant to be an insult, mind you, because they suit the car like a glove while not taking anything away from the design. So there you go; if you dislike the "nuclear" rims, you can always opt for a more conventional option rims-wise...

I don't know, since I never liked Spykers. :/

Koenigsegg to show the first 2 Regera for customer delivery at Geneva
The first is green-tinted carbon fiber bodywork that evokes the classic British Racing Green with a saddle-brown leather interior
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-1%2Bcopy.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-2%2Bcopy.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-3%2Bcopy.jpg

The 2nd is in candy apple red and black inside and out.
KoenigseggRegeraRedGeneva2017-2OD%2Bcopy.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraRedGeneva2017-3%2Bcopy.jpg

Koenigsegg to show the first 2 Regera for customer delivery at Geneva
The first is green-tinted carbon fiber bodywork that evokes the classic British Racing Green with a saddle-brown leather interior
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-1%2Bcopy.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-2%2Bcopy.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraGrGeneva2017-3%2Bcopy.jpg

The 2nd is in candy apple red and black inside and out.
KoenigseggRegeraRedGeneva2017-2OD%2Bcopy.jpg
KoenigseggRegeraRedGeneva2017-3%2Bcopy.jpg

Supercars, hypercars, megacars, or whatever you call them (Is "Ultracar" trademarked yet? I'll have to get on that. :mischievous:) are built to be ridiculous machines without any thought towards being rational or practical cars. There's no disagreeing on that (And we still enjoy them). The thing I love about Koenigsegg is that they can build these insane vehicles, yet make them extremely elegant and refined while being capable of halting the Earth's rotation upon accelerating.

Back