Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
Is it the first racing game featuring UE4? The first trailer looks nice and i really like the idea behind this. GT racing is big and doing a proper game around it with all accuracy and the superb AC physics and sounds - great. However, Kunos is such a small studio, expect this to be AC2 for quite a while... which is fine by me.

Nope. Milestone nabbed that with the excellent MXGP3 game on UE4 and now Gravel on the UE4 (released next week) 👍

Edit: It made a big difference to the surface, wet mud, particles dust etc so it should make a big difference to the tracks in AC (C) etc

Last edited:
Judging by the fact that a game, based on Blancpain, was one of the things being speculated about and the way people were being negative towards GT3, I'd say the official Kunos forums are probably buried in salt by now. I'm happy myself.

Judging by the fact that a game, based on Blancpain, was one of the things being speculated about and the way people were being negative towards GT3, I'd say the official Kunos forums are probably buried in salt by now. I'm happy myself.

Wouldn't know as it's crashed for me, unable to even load the site currently.

Codemasters has F1 and now Kunos has GT3.Dare I use (again) the word "exclusive"?
No matter how we look at it,its impressive if we think how "small" KUNOS is compared to other "game" developers.
I also have this wierd feeling that its gonna be similar with iRacing in terms of online play.Dare I say driver changes online?I also have another feeling that this is going to be PC only title btw.

@Corsa

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/

Codemasters has F1 and now Kunos has GT3.Dare I use (again) the word "exclusive"?

GT3 =/= Blancpain

Kunos has a licensing partnership with the series, which may or may not be exclusive, but it doesn't cover all of the other GT3-based series out there.

No matter how we look at it,its impressive if we think how "small" KUNOS is compared to other "game" developers.

It is. Though the Porsche licensing in 2016 should've already pushed people to consider the clout Kunos carries with the automotive industry.

This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, either. Not to take away from Kunos' deal in any way, but SimBin had GTR, with the FIA GT license.

My guess is we'll see more and more of this in the future, as each real-world series wants to target the gaming landscape. GT has the general over-arching FIA partnership; Forza has Formula E and IMSA; PCARS2 has PWC and Rallycross; F1 has, uh, F1... you get the idea.

I also have this wierd feeling that its gonna be similar with iRacing in terms of online play.Dare I say driver changes online?I also have another feeling that this is going to be PC only title btw.

If it is similar to iRacing online, it's probably because that system largely works. 👍

Very happy for this. GT3 cars are my goto cars in AC, even if I love most of the vintage cars.
AC isn't going anywhere. I can still drive those cars there.

Been watching a fair bit of Blancpain myself, so this will be good. :D

Last edited:
GT3 =/= Blancpain

Kunos has a licensing partnership with the series, which may or may not be exclusive, but it doesn't cover all of the other GT3-based series out there.

I agree.Forgot to put the Blancpain word in there but I was already thinking about liveries more than anything else.Perhaps some tracks also?
Since we dont know the details,its too early to say.

It is. Though the Porsche licensing in 2016 should've already pushed people to consider the clout Kunos carries with the automotive industry.

This isn't the first time this sort of thing has happened, either. Not to take away from Kunos' deal in any way, but SimBin had GTR, with the FIA GT license.

My guess is we'll see more and more of this in the future, as each real-world series wants to target the gaming landscape. GT has the general over-arching FIA partnership; Forza has Formula E and IMSA; PCARS2 has PWC and Rallycross; F1 has, uh, F1... you get the idea.

If it is similar to iRacing online, it's probably because that system largely works. 👍

100% agree mate.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

You obviously don't know what you are talking about. A game engine can be whatever you want it to be, there is no specific engine for a specific type of game. If AC's engine was open it could run a platform game without any problem.

I also think that Kunos enjoys a big deal of appreciation within the automotive industry when it comes for them to video games. After all: I know of no other racing game that officially features the latest bombs such as the Performante and the 812 Superfast. Not even the big one, Forza Motorsport.

Well they do actually enjoy that apprecation since they are not just "game" developers.
"
  • Development support to 3rd parties teams to develop racing based games.
  • Development of racing games for commercial or promotional requirements.
  • Development of dedicated software for safe or sport driving school with customized interface and/or overlay views.
  • Development of dedicated software for racing teams and pilots training.
  • Three dimensional visualization and dynamic behavior recreation; circuit recreation based on CAD, IGES, GPS, Laserscan data. "

Unreal engine is great choice they pick, it easier and free to user tool to make for anyone on pc. Plus the fee reasonable to Dev they don't have pay the fee for certain range of money if they don't range the goal. :D

Sooo, I’m not really gaming/tech/engine etc savvy guy but is UE4 just for graphics, or it’s responsible for driving dynamics as well? If it’s the latter, can they easily replicate driving/FFB the original AC had? Again, sorry for not being well informed
Waiting for PS4 release anyway :nervous:

Do you guys think this game will support HDR?

I think it will.
Now one interesting thing: Blancpain GT Series has/had a deal with iRacing.So if Kunos has made a deal with them for an official title how this will affect iRacing (in terms of their deal with Blancpain )?

Interesting bit from Marco:
This announcement represents a dream come true for us. The Blancpain GT Series license is just the tip of the iceberg. By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre, improving the features that made Assetto Corsa so popular, and introducing those demanded by players for a high-level racing simulation game - with no compromise, and remaining loyal to our philosophy."

The "just the tip of the iceberg" bit I mean. :)

From the officoal forum although I don't have the original source. Just "the tip of the iceberg" apparently:eek::).

Marco Massarutto, Co-founder and Brand & Product Manager of Kunos Simulazioni:This announcement represents a dream come true for us. The Blancpain GT Series license is just the tip of the iceberg. By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre, improving the features that made Assetto Corsa so popular, and introducing those demanded by players for a high-level racing simulation game - with no compromise, and remaining loyal to our philosophy."

Edit Found it: https://www.blancpain-gt-series.com...on_id=8&filter_series_id=0&filter_team_news=0

Last edited:
Great news! Is it already confirmed that (PC) VR is supported? Could not find an answer on the official webpage?
I guess VR support is a no brainer. Right?
I'd say 0:31 in that trailer tells us yes. Hopefully they will work out VR for consoles this go-round as well.

You can be sure that there is not going to be an PS4 version.
PS5 perhaps.
Maybe, if they don't like money or happy customers. I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't grab console ASAP given their major team expansion. Sony would love to have another solid VR game to move a few units, too.

Interesting bit from Marco:
This announcement represents a dream come true for us. The Blancpain GT Series license is just the tip of the iceberg. By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre, improving the features that made Assetto Corsa so popular, and introducing those demanded by players for a high-level racing simulation game - with no compromise, and remaining loyal to our philosophy."

The "just the tip of the iceberg" bit I mean. :)
Interesting stuff for sure. And the last bit makes me happy.

Maybe, if they don't like money or happy customers. I can't imagine any reason why they wouldn't grab console ASAP given their major team expansion. Sony would love to have another solid VR game to move a few units, too.

My point mate was that by the time the game is ready for a full release PS5 will be in the market and PS4 should be an old-gen console.

Back