Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
"The Blancpain GT Series includes competitions of different durations, from Sprint 60’ races to the famous Spa 24H Endurance race. Assetto Corsa Competizione will give players the opportunity to compete in different moments of the entire 24-hour arc under a dynamic weather system thanks to a highly realistic graphical reproduction of weather conditions and visibility."

If my English are correct that means 24h race -irl- and not different times only.

I mean: “In different moments” sounds like different time of days like in AC. You could pick any time but it wasn’t dynamic. I guess we’ll have to wait and see!

I'm not unhappy with this announcement and can see how it might make sense for the developer to do this as a progression from AC1 and before moving to any AC2. I will wait to see how it develops and hope that it appears on Console as well when ready (but hopefully with better bug testing than v1.17 :P

Is it the first racing game featuring UE4? The first trailer looks nice and i really like the idea behind this. GT racing is big and doing a proper game around it with all accuracy and the superb AC physics and sounds - great. However, Kunos is such a small studio, expect this to be AC2 for quite a while... which is fine by me.

This is a PC exclusive. UE4 is incredibly demanding. Well sucks I guess. A lot of cool stuff but just not possible on X1

I've quoted these because it gives me the opportunity to say the word Gravel :P

Anyway, I wait to see what develops with interest 👍

They are not going to follow the GT(s) root.Its not about "hardcore" or "casual".The key word is realism.Remember Kunos is not just a "game" developer.That does not mean "PC only".
In fact I'll copy paste what one forum member wrote in AC forums:
"It seems that the Real Driving Simulator is finally coming but to enjoy it earlier probably I will be requested to make the big jump to a good PC..."
I agree with that if the word "Driving" is replaced with "Racing".Offering an ultra sim racing title is not something that cannot be done in consoles.Its all about a choice and not related in any way with the platform.
Again if they choose to make it a PC only title they would propably have good reasons for it but also would mean potentially less money.
Ok thank they aim more to realistic like real life.
I wonder what the pay model will be ? Is online iracing ? Are they go against them on pc space ?

I'm not saying there aren't any UE4 games on consoles but hitting 60fps in a game with +20 cars in that engine i just don't see happen. The game screams high end pc. I'd like to be proven wrong though.

Why not?
Because other developers say that its not possible?

Yea. They still can't get time change done.

Actually they already said that their next project will have both time/weather change (a month ago or so).Some people were thinking that this was meant for AC.Its clear that they had ACC in their mind.
Add the fact here that this title will not have a huge range of cars (only GT3),specific tracks (only Blancpain GT).Than will give them enough room to work in one 24h track.I mean imo Spa is going to be the only track with 24h time transition.

Ok thank they aim more to realistic like real life.
I wonder what the pay model will be ? Is online iracing ? Are they go against them on pc space ?

I think they are not going for a sub type of game (like iracing does).

Why not?
Because other developers say that its not possible?

Actually they already said that their next project will have both time/weather change (a month ago or so).Some people were thinking that this was meant for AC.Its clear that they had ACC in their mind.
Add the fact here that this title will not have a huge range of cars (only GT3),specific tracks (only Blancpain GT).Than will give them enough room to work in one 24h track.I mean imo Spa is going to be the only track with 24h time transition.

I think they are not going for a sub type of game (like iracing does).
I may have missed it bit I don't think I've read anything yet that limits this game to GT3 cars only and only certain tracks. Marco has already said this announcement is only the tip of the iceberg. It might be called Assetto Corsa Competizione and not Assetto Corsa Blancpain for a reason. I'd hold off before making any broad conclusions as to what the game will or won't have.

Last edited:
I may have missed it bit I don't think I've read anything yet that limits this game to GT3 cars only and only certain tracks. Marco has already said this announcement is only the tip of the iceberg. It might be called Assetto Corso Competizione and not Assetto Corso Blancpain for a reason. I'd hold off before making any broad conclusions as to what the game will or won't have.

From the title's site -examples-:

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame.
Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races will come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes."

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is designed to faithfully recreate the performance and the driving experience of real Blancpain GT Series cars through a sophisticated mathematical model that accurately replicates tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car's drivability."

"Thanks to Laserscan technology, every official circuit is recreated with the utmost accuracy: all curbs and details perfectly fit their real counterparts to grant a gaming experience as faithful to reality as possible."

I am thinking that these tells the story.In fact these is nothing written in their site to suggest anything different than what I wrote.

From the title's site -examples-:

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is the new official Blancpain GT Series videogame.
Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship, competing against official drivers, teams, cars and circuits, reproduced in-game with the highest level of accuracy ever achieved.
Sprint, Endurance and Spa 24 Hours races will come to life with an incredible level of realism, in both single and multiplayer modes."

"Assetto Corsa Competizione is designed to faithfully recreate the performance and the driving experience of real Blancpain GT Series cars through a sophisticated mathematical model that accurately replicates tyre grip, aerodynamic impact, engine parameters, suspensions and electronics systems that determine vehicle balance, as well as the influence of mechanical damage on the car's drivability."

"Thanks to Laserscan technology, every official circuit is recreated with the utmost accuracy: all curbs and details perfectly fit their real counterparts to grant a gaming experience as faithful to reality as possible."

I am thinking that these tells the story.In fact these is nothing written in their site to suggest anything different than what I wrote.
There is nothing in that statement that precludes the inclusion of other cars, tracks or other content.

"From sprint races to endurance contests, players will be able to get behind the wheel of GT cars from all manufacturers represented in the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season, with each reproduced to an outstanding level of detail."

So we can expect Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW and Lexus, right?

WCdyYmy.jpg

Just for a second I had thought that Kunos worked with Simbin to create this title since GTR3 is also planned to be a GT type of game and using UE4.
You're not the only one.

So you think that the official Blancpain GT game will have cars that are not part of that series?
We'll see mate.From my point of view,its clear that we are getting a title similar to F1.

@TheNuvolari
Lets wait and see the final product.
I'd not be surprised at all if it also had support series, street versions of the official series cars or anything else for that matter. Too early to make any definitive conclusions one way or the other and serves no purpose to do so really.

"From sprint races to endurance contests, players will be able to get behind the wheel of GT cars from all manufacturers represented in the 2018 Blancpain GT Series season, with each reproduced to an outstanding level of detail."

So we can expect Bentley, Aston Martin, BMW and Lexus, right?

WCdyYmy.jpg

You're not the only one.

But that's only the list of Pro - Cars that will compete in Blancpain!

My initial thoughts:
1. Should I cancel my plans to create Blancpain GT season in offline custom championship?
2. Possible Steam early access in Summer 2018 = maybe version 1.0 in 2019?
3. Returns to plan to create Blancpain GT season in offline custom championship.

Overall, I hope the title will acquire more official motorsport series licenses and be a racing simulator for a number of different championships (and not just Blancpain). That would be worth the purchase for me.

Hopefully the Blancpain licence is not exclusive, their series are two of the best in the world it would be a real shame to have those liveries tied down to a PC exclusive or a console game made by Kunos.

Are there other manufacturers or different cars in other classes? I have no idea since I've never followed this series.
Maybe there is a Honda NSX in Pro-Am. Who knows...there will be an european GT3-program by Honda for sure, but nothing else is known right now.

I hope VR will be better supported in this new sim. AC and rf2 are the best sim in the market for me( physics and ffb).

No equivalent to Sport mode? No buy.
In the final version of the game, players can expect advanced multiplayer functionality with Assetto Corsa Competizione, including a ranking system which will evaluate individual performance and driving behavior to reward the most virtuous drivers and promote fair play in online competitions.

If they offer 24h Racing with online focus, I do wonder whether iRacing style driver swaps are planned.

Anyway, this is, as always from KUNOS, an instant purchase for me. Who cares if it's only GT3, that just means this can be the go to GT3 sim, and others can be used for other types of racing.

Back