Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
This is a PC exclusive. UE4 is incredibly demanding. Well sucks I guess. A lot of cool stuff but just not possible on X1

Wrong.UE4 can be used in X and PS4.Still the game will not be released this summer.Even if the cut the time in half (comparing what they did with AC) and early access is this summer (PC) we could wait another 9 months before the game is released (full/final version).So the release would be at best mid 2019 -in that scenario-.That could be close to a PS5 release.

Wait, is the blancpain will be leave iracing Since they partner AC ?

I am wondering the same thing mate.

Wrong.UE4 can be used in X and PS4.Still the game will not be released this summer.Even if the cut the time in half (comparing what they did with AC) and early access is this summer (PC) we could wait another 9 months before the game is released (full/final version).So the release would be at best mid 2019 -in that scenario-.That could be close to a PS5 release.

When you're only focusing on one series and already using a proven and capable engine, I'd bet the wait time will be a lot less. My guess would be they want to have it launched around or before the time the Blancpain 2019 season launches.

When: 22-24 June 2018

Where: Misano World Circuit, Italy

Assetto Corsa Competizione will be at the Misano World Circuit, during the Blancpain GT Serie race weekend, offering to fans the opportunity to be the first to play a preview version of the game – using dedicated driving cockpits installed in the paddock area. Players will also have the chance to share their impressions with the development team! Additional details will be available soon.

My point mate was that by the time the game is ready for a full release PS5 will be in the market and PS4 should be an old-gen console.
Yes, that's possible. If they really struggle with performance I could see it being a factor. Judging by the look of Gravel I doubt that'll be an issue. Pushing to next gen has a lot of pros and cons, but more cons by my tally.

I recall reading that Kunos had no intention of pushing AC to console when they began development, that came a lot later. From early access to PC launch was a year. From PC launch to console launch was almost 2. We are at the point now that PC and console are essentially the same game and can be updated simultaneously, save for the sticky submission process.

My point is, looking at how things went with AC going from PC to console is not a good indicator of what might happen with this game, especially in light of the fact that their team has multiplied in size as of late.

I thought MXGP3 was a serious game :lol: especially in helmet cam! 👍

I will pick this new game up as I enjoyed AC and I like the GT3 sector in racing and this will more than likely have a new replay&photomode
Well, I meant car racing games lol.
adb
Sooo, I’m not really gaming/tech/engine etc savvy guy but is UE4 just for graphics, or it’s responsible for driving dynamics as well? If it’s the latter, can they easily replicate driving/FFB the original AC had? Again, sorry for not being well informed
Waiting for PS4 release anyway :nervous:
From what I've read EU4 engine is great because it allows you to implement your own physics engine.

This is a PC exclusive.
This currently is not a fact.

When you're only focusing on one series and already using a proven and capable engine, I'd bet the wait time will be a lot less. My guess would be they want to have it launched around or before the time the Blancpain 2019 season launches.
I'm guessing an early to mid 2019 release. We've seen with Milestone that the UE4 engine speeds up productivity.

What iracing offers if blancpain leave ? Do they other partnerships ?

They offer a lot more than just Blancpain GT.
".....jointly endorsed by real-world racing partners including NASCAR, IMSA, INDYCAR, SRO, VLN and Aussie V-8".
Still losing (one way or another) Blancpain from their main competitor (in terms of realism) that actually seem to push an "e-sport" friendly title could not be a good thing.

Well experts (or not so..experts) think that PS5 will be released either in 2019 or 2020.So if this is right then ACC could propably be the first sim racing title in that console.Imagine the money behind that.

Yes, that's possible. If they really struggle with performance I could see it being a factor. Judging by the look of Gravel I doubt that'll be an issue. Pushing to next gen has a lot of pros and cons, but more cons by my tally.

I recall reading that Kunos had no intention of pushing AC to console when they began development, that came a lot later. From early access to PC launch was a year. From PC launch to console launch was almost 2. We are at the point now that PC and console are essentially the same game and can be updated simultaneously, save for the sticky submission process.

My point is, looking at how things went with AC going from PC to console is not a good indicator of what might happen with this game, especially in light of the fact that their team has multiplied in size as of late.

Either way I find it hard to believe that Kunos will not try to earn money and leave consoles out.But if they do -for whatever reason- they propably would have good reasons to do so.

Well, very cool that they are doing weather and so-on in this new product, but I'm simply not interested in those cars at all. I really love the road-cars and variants, and other than classic race-cars I almost never touch the race-cars. I like purely analog and don't even really like downforce cars - I love pure mechanical grip (or lack thereof) handled by pure driver skill (or lack thereof.)

Still, I will probably give it a go since I definitely want to support Kunos, but also because I've been quickly coming to the realization that even with all aids turned-off PCars 2 has far, far too wide an artificial FFF "Fudged Forgiveness Factor" that I really despise in racing sims - causing it to quickly begin boring me. (Try driving the KTM X-Bow in PCars 2 and then in AC - it's easier to manage the X-Box in the RAIN in PCars2 than in AC even on optimum tarmac. And that's not to mention the way the AC car feels so much more "real." It's too bad so many "sim" racers pander to "accessibility" - all they have to do is give us a mode sans that accessibility in addition to whatever else they do. Problem solved.)

Anyway, I digress - having Physics and FFB similar to AC, but with time and weather sounds good even if I'm not really all that interested in the cars / series.

But what I'm really looking forward to seeing the more advanced graphics-engine features are implemented in the next version of AC! (Which might also therefore move to the Unreal 4 engine or successor I suppose?)

Last edited:
Well experts (or not so..experts) think that PS5 will be released either in 2019 or 2020.So if this is right then ACC could propably be the first sim racing title in that console.Imagine the money behind that.
This was the primary "pro" in my mind for pushing out to next gen. I mean, we all know that the first Gran Turismo title for PS5 won't hit until like 2023 :lol: so they should be there to fill that void.

If PS5 comes as late as 2020, they could be eyeing the full-blown AC sequel as a launch title.

1519230138424-137337961.png
A selection of screenshots (WIP):
https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/screenshot/

Last edited:
Just some thoughts:

-Blancpain has GT4 as well right? So will they be a part of this as well or just the GT3 field?
-Blancpain has long races so we'll get endurance events.
-This idea of a single game for a single discipline is interesting. If you want everything F1 you play the Codemasters games. If you want everything rally you play WRC or DIRT. PCARS2 is basically a GT3 simulator online since that's 90% of the lobbies, so maybe there's something there for a GT3 only game. Now Kunos has that niche filled. *strokes beard* hmmm...

They offer a lot more than just Blancpain GT.
".....jointly endorsed by real-world racing partners including NASCAR, IMSA, INDYCAR, SRO, VLN and Aussie V-8".
Still losing (one way or another) Blancpain from their main competitor (in terms of realism) that actually seem to push an "e-sport" friendly title could not be a good thing.

Either way I find it hard to believe that Kunos will not try to earn money and leave consoles out.But if they do -for whatever reason- they propably would have good reasons to do so.
Do you think they will stay in pc for long time because the demographic is mostly hardcore sim they aiming for or they going like GTsport going for 7 to 77 demographic in between casual crowd and hardcord too ?

Just some thoughts:

-Blancpain has GT4 as well right? So will they be a part of this as well or just the GT3 field?

Nope.Only GT3 cars mate.No GT4 cars in the Blancpain GT series.

-Blancpain has long races so we'll get endurance events.

Yes but this is nothing "new".

-This idea of a single game for a single discipline is interesting. If you want everything F1 you play the Codemasters games. If you want everything rally you play WRC or DIRT. PCARS2 is basically a GT3 simulator online since that's 90% of the lobbies, so maybe there's something there for a GT3 only game. Now Kunos has that niche filled. *strokes beard* hmmm...

If the title is a success then it will prove to be a good idea,If not...

Yea I just looked it up. There is GT4 racing at Blancpain weekends but it's not part of Blancpain. Most articles say the SRO European GT4 Series joins the Blancpain GT Series Sprint Cup at all five rounds next season and will also race at Spa-Francorchamps.

Yet. Remember that it's hitting Early Access first — a version 1.0 release isn't pencilled in yet.

Xbox only recently started doing its own version of Early Access with PUBG, and I don't think PlayStation has a dedicated approach yet (it's just early beta access if a company decides to do it).
That makes me feel better for sure. I will just have to be patient.

If I read the website correctly, weather will be dynamic but not time of day. Says you can run at different times around the 24h arc.

I really cant see that happening. Whats the point of a Blancpain game when you cant do a proper Spa 24H? Since this seems to be PC only right now, hardware power wont be a issue either.

Do you think they will stay in pc for long time because the demographic is mostly hardcore sim they aiming for or they going like GTsport going for 7 to 77 demographic in between casual crowd and hardcord too ?

They are not going to follow the GT(s) root.Its not about "hardcore" or "casual".The key word is realism.Remember Kunos is not just a "game" developer.That does not mean "PC only".
In fact I'll copy paste what one forum member wrote in AC forums:
"It seems that the Real Driving Simulator is finally coming but to enjoy it earlier probably I will be requested to make the big jump to a good PC..."
I agree with that if the word "Driving" is replaced with "Racing".Offering an ultra sim racing title is not something that cannot be done in consoles.Its all about a choice and not related in any way with the platform.
Again if they choose to make it a PC only title they would propably have good reasons for it but also would mean potentially less money.

If I read the website correctly, weather will be dynamic but not time of day. Says you can run at different times around the 24h arc.

"The Blancpain GT Series includes competitions of different durations, from Sprint 60’ races to the famous Spa 24H Endurance race. Assetto Corsa Competizione will give players the opportunity to compete in different moments of the entire 24-hour arc under a dynamic weather system thanks to a highly realistic graphical reproduction of weather conditions and visibility."

If my English are correct that means 24h race -irl- and not different times only.

"The Blancpain GT Series includes competitions of different durations, from Sprint 60’ races to the famous Spa 24H Endurance race. Assetto Corsa Competizione will give players the opportunity to compete in different moments of the entire 24-hour arc under a dynamic weather system thanks to a highly realistic graphical reproduction of weather conditions and visibility."

If my English are correct that means 24h race -irl- and not different times only.
Yea. They still can't get time change done.

Back