Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
If NVIDIA is releasing a new high end gaming GPU this year that will beat the 1080 Ti by quite a margin, i will for sure get it just so i am able to run this game in 4k/60 maxed out. The way this game looks in the trailer i doubt that the 1080 Ti will do.

I'm interested in how it is going to sound. It obviously is going to sound better than AC, That's a great starting point.

Interview with Marco tomorrow.
FB_IMG_1519244168936.jpg

Last edited:
and one would assume that more than a tiny bit of research was behind the decision to use UE4
Money and time

I see no problem with them using UE4, since they're not just going to use basic UE4 physics for the driving, are they... They'll use their own engine for the driving physics and such, and UE4 will be great for the graphics and other non physics related parts of the game.
Agree

If NVIDIA is releasing a new high end gaming GPU this year that will beat the 1080 Ti by quite a margin
Amper **80 with +20%(spring 2018), **80Ti with +40% (spring 2018). Price will be stupidly high.

From Lord Kunos on the official forum:

Physics was one of the very few things we could salvage and bring over from AC1 to ACC moving to UE4, everything else needs to be redone from scratch.

So from any point of view you can consider ACC physics as a direct evolution of AC1 physics with the added bonus of not having 170+ cars to update and check if we decide to make substantial changes.... this is giving me, Aris and the new physics dev that joined us Fernando the opportunity to get in pretty hard in some areas and make some substantial changes that we couldn't afford to do with a big released product like AC1.

We'll have plenty of time to dig into the details of it both before the EA and after, I'll just drop one big one here tho. Although it's not really something we'll see fully utilized in ACC because of the nature of the tracks we are going to include but the physics engine is now running full blown 64bit math all around, so, as far the physics is concerned, there are virtually no limits to how big a track could be, we could literally race to Mars and back without suffering much precision losses in the calculations... again, not really something that will create a huge change in ACC but still a thing I can geek out and be happy about

From Lord Kunos on the official forum:

Physics was one of the very few things we could salvage and bring over from AC1 to ACC moving to UE4, everything else needs to be redone from scratch.

So from any point of view you can consider ACC physics as a direct evolution of AC1 physics with the added bonus of not having 170+ cars to update and check if we decide to make substantial changes.... this is giving me, Aris and the new physics dev that joined us Fernando the opportunity to get in pretty hard in some areas and make some substantial changes that we couldn't afford to do with a big released product like AC1.

We'll have plenty of time to dig into the details of it both before the EA and after, I'll just drop one big one here tho. Although it's not really something we'll see fully utilized in ACC because of the nature of the tracks we are going to include but the physics engine is now running full blown 64bit math all around, so, as far the physics is concerned, there are virtually no limits to how big a track could be, we could literally race to Mars and back without suffering much precision losses in the calculations... again, not really something that will create a huge change in ACC but still a thing I can geek out and be happy about
This is going to be a strong title for sure. I see me wearing out a wheel on this which is always a good thing.....because why not upgrade

Holy (BUZZ) [Dopplegagger, you have been fined 1 credit for the violation of the Verbal Morality Statute]

I went and looked up Blancpain's website to see what tracks were in the series. WOW! If those tracks are added to AC's current roster of tracks, I would be through the roof. Even if this is a stand-alone title with just the tracks from the Blancpain series, I am ecstatic about it.
I just read through this page. Looks like I have to settle for being ecstatic then. ;)

Last edited:
I do wonder slightly about above. SRO themselves seem to have kind of abandoned iRacing outside of the name in the series. I think it's valid that they could be trying to break ties with iRacing considering Racing Esport is on the up and iRacing is taking backwards steps getting rid of live stewards.

Well it's a Blancpain GT Series game right? GT4 cars run in Blancpain GT Asia. So I dont' see why we wouldn't get GT4 cars.

This is a really interesting part but its too early to actually know what kind of deal Kunos did with Blancpain series.
Its impressive -for me at least- that such a small developer can pull off deals like these under the nose of their competitors.I mean Blancpain GT is THE GT3 competition irl -not to take anything away from other competitions-.
I would be even more impressed if they added the word "excusive" anywhere into that deal -but I dont think that would be the case-.
As far as the car list I would be suprised if they add anything more that just GT3 cars.From the titles page:
"Thanks to the extraordinary quality of simulation, the game will allow you to experience the real atmosphere of the FIA GT3 homologated championship....."

Anyway I did not see anyone mention this so I'll put it in:

https://www.assettocorsa.net/competizione/roadmap/

When: 22-24 June 2018

Where: Misano World Circuit, Italy

"Assetto Corsa Competizione will be at the Misano World Circuit, during the Blancpain GT Serie race weekend, offering to fans the opportunity to be the first to play a preview version of the game – using dedicated driving cockpits installed in the paddock area. Players will also have the chance to share their impressions with the development team! Additional details will be available soon."

Is anyone else checking tickets for a "small" (or not) trip to Italy?

Another bit from Stefano regarding time of day:

"I guess that "moments" was a very unfortunate wording, I see a lot of people getting wrong ideas about this. The answer is very simple: time of the day is fully supported.. so just erase that "moments" word and be happy"

Happy to see Stefano making a comment on this.Now its beyond doubt.

And that's not to mention the way the AC car feels so much more "real." It's too bad so many "sim" racers pander to "accessibility" - all they have to do is give us a mode sans that accessibility in addition to whatever else they do. Problem solved.)

I always chuckle when I read nonsense like this. If driving a car was anything like AC on the Xbox controller, people would be injured or killed every time they drove challenging roads. Driving quickly isn’t difficult, and if you’re a competent sim racer as well, it should not be difficult. It’s not accessibility, it’s about how you tune your input to mimic a steering wheel, which is a fantastically easy device to use, even at speed.

Where are the devs answering those questions? I'd like them to comment on HDR support :)
It's such a visual game changer when you have a monitor or TV that actually supports HDR10.
Have been playing Forza 7 on Win10 on an LG OLED B7 and yesterday i started it up with HDR switched off and it looked straight up boring in direct comparison...

Where are the devs answering those questions? I'd like them to comment on HDR support :)
Here:
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?forums/acc-general-discussions.62/
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...-questions-ac-comp-ue4-etc.49136/#post-960284

About UE4 development:

Q: Out of interest Lord Kunos is it harder/easier to program for UE4 then the current engine?

A:
It a different mindset, we programmers had to spend more time figuring out how the engine wanted us to do things rather than write the actual code to make those things happen.
Day to day quality of life went a bit down for the programming team, the engine is HUGE, small modifications require very long compile times compared to AC1 that was built for fast iteration and was quite a joy to work with... that means A LOT of coffee breaks, lot of cursing a lot of opportunities to get distracted while the damn thing builds.. but, all the frustration pays back once you see what the graphics guys are able to put on the screen and realize it's all worth.

http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/i...s-differences-ac-acc.49142/page-2#post-960255

Will this come to console and will it be worth getting. I’m not into e sports or do any multiplayer racing . But still looks good from the video.
it seems it has career mode!

You just can't skip AC with day/night and weather man! That's a sin!

EDIT: Regarding consoles, I just wish! I'm on a PS4 currently!

Last edited:
Among all those Q&A's over at the AC forum, isn't there anyone asking Lord Kunos, point-blank, if ACC will make it to consoles?

I love the official series games. It'd be as if PDI did a Super GT only game. Now, if only a good dev, could do a (V8)Supercars game for consoles.

Among all those Q&A's over at the AC forum, isn't there anyone asking Lord Kunos, point-blank, if ACC will make it to consoles?

I guess, as 'these' people do, he chooses to answer only the questions where there is already a clear answer meant for the public to know :)

Among all those Q&A's over at the AC forum, isn't there anyone asking Lord Kunos point blank if ACC will make it to consoles?

There are people that asked that Q but no answer yet.
With that said we pretty much guess what Kunos is planning.IMO it make more sense to land ACC in consoles.Still my "feeling" is no.
We'll have to wait for an official answer.There is no way to suggest one or the other at this point.

I think for such a relative 'niche' game (hardcore sim aspiration, one series etc) the PC is the best platform to land on first and test the waters. Also without needing to hold back in terms of resource usage. And then just take it from there for an eventual console release later down the road.

One could think of it as a reversed version of what happend with GTA V. I loved the fact that the PC version ended up being superior to the console versions just because they took their time with it. Of course i wanted it for the PC when it first launched for consoles, but if i had to choose i would not want the 360 console version ported for PC.
So, they better take their extra time to adjust the game for consoles properly after getting it out for PC, so they make sure the console versions are as good as they can get.

Last edited:
At first I was a little bummed by the announcement, but I quickly had a change of heart. I got into Sim Racing w/GT6 because I wanted to race. Not collect cars and paint chips (I didn't even know those things were in GT6 when I bought it...I thought it was all racing). I moved onto Assetto Corsa after 2 years playing GT6 because of all the wonderful things I had been hearing about AC and I was quite bored of GT6 to be honest.

What do 90% of the criticisms have to do with, when discussing Assetto Corsa? Not the physics for sure...Not the car count... Gfx a little bit, track count a fair amount but mostly people complain that it's not a very good racing sim. The Hot Lap Simulator is what many people call Assetto Corsa and they're pretty accurate. I so often hear "I love the physics and ffb of AC so much, but I have to turn to PCars 2 when I want to race".

This title is going to get me back into racing. Plain and simple.

I won't be uninstalling Assetto Corsa though. When I want to whip around in my Ferrari F40 and just have a fun Track Day session I'll be in Content Manager and on Salzburgring watching Countach's, old 911's, new 911's and various other cars zip around. But when I want to race, I'll flip over to ACC. Hopefully x4fab integrates ACC into Content Manager somehow. :D

Well, the fact that he isn't answering "no" is good enough for now.

Not so sure about that.I mean they did not share any info about consoles.People are directly asking about it in the forums and on twitter.Silence in the forums and no answers in twitter too.But they have answered in positive comments and some other (no platform related) comments/questions.
So I dont think it is looking positive for console users unless they want to announce "coming to consoles" at a later time for whatever reason.

Back