Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
As long as they don't take away the developer resources and focus from the real game.

Do you have VR? I won't play a racing game that doesn't offer VR. Because it provides some of the best cues as to how the car is behaving. A great job of VR integration can provide the most real life experience we'll get aside from being on the track ourselves.

Do you have VR? I won't play a racing game that doesn't offer VR. Because it provides some of the best cues as to how the car is behaving. A great job of VR integration can provide the most real life experience we'll get aside from being on the track ourselves.
I have VR, but despise it. I don't like having the headset on my head, and not interested in the wires in the living room all over the place. I never said VR wasn't a good thing for racing. It is a great thing for those that enjoy it. I just said don't lose focus from the game itself. Make sure the game with steering wheel and controller are priority. Then look at improving VR. There is still work needed on supporting steering wheels and controllers properly.

I think it will.
Now one interesting thing: Blancpain GT Series has/had a deal with iRacing.So if Kunos has made a deal with them for an official title how this will affect iRacing (in terms of their deal with Blancpain )?

Wait, is the blancpain will be leave iracing Since they partner AC ?

They offer a lot more than just Blancpain GT.
".....jointly endorsed by real-world racing partners including NASCAR, IMSA, INDYCAR, SRO, VLN and Aussie V-8".
Still losing (one way or another) Blancpain from their main competitor (in terms of realism) that actually seem to push an "e-sport" friendly title could not be a good thing.

I do wonder slightly about above. SRO themselves seem to have kind of abandoned iRacing outside of the name in the series. I think it's valid that they could be trying to break ties with iRacing considering Racing Esport is on the up and iRacing is taking backwards steps getting rid of live stewards.

-Blancpain has GT4 as well right? So will they be a part of this as well or just the GT3 field?

Well it's a Blancpain GT Series game right? GT4 cars run in Blancpain GT Asia. So I dont' see why we wouldn't get GT4 cars.

Make sure the game with steering wheel and controller are priority. Then look at improving VR. There is still work needed on supporting steering wheels and controllers properly.

I think that kinda goes without saying, doesn't it? Of course making sure it works on wheels and controllers will be one of their top priorities. VR users are still in a minority, UE4 will make VR integration easier but they're still going to make sure the base game satisfies the majority of players (which are on flat screens) first. And as far as I'm aware there's no real issues with supporting steering wheels and controllers in AC (on PC, which is where ACC will start its life) so I'm not sure why that would be an area of concern.

I think that kinda goes without saying, doesn't it? Of course making sure it works on wheels and controllers will be one of their top priorities. VR users are still in a minority, UE4 will make VR integration easier but they're still going to make sure the base game satisfies the majority of players (which are on flat screens) first. And as far as I'm aware there's no real issues with supporting steering wheels and controllers in AC (on PC, which is where ACC will start its life) so I'm not sure why that would be an area of concern.
It's not a concern to me so long as it is priority one.

It's not a concern to me so long as it is priority one.

Screen Shot 2018-02-21 at 3.39.59 PM.png

If I read the website correctly, weather will be dynamic but not time of day. Says you can run at different times around the 24h arc.

AC has "dynamic" time of day progression between 8 AM and 6 PM. I'd very surprised if this system doesn't carry over to the time cycle used in ACC.

So you think that the official Blancpain GT game will have cars that are not part of that series?

It's difficult to deny the possibility when the game is called Assetto Corsa Competizione and not Blancpain GT Series. As it has already been mentioned in this thread, there are several racing games on the market which are diverse in scope despite carrying official licenses to various racing series. F1 by Codemasters is the obvious exception, but we all know what those games are called.

I'll be disappointed if this is a Blancpain GT only game, and a scope so narrow would be unfathomable unless Kunos was paid serious money to help promote the series to a wider audience.

I really hope they have made it so the exhaust glows at night like the real cars I saw at spa 24hrs. I know this is a very very small detail, but i think it should be included in any game with night racing, it should have been a detail in GT from launch imo.

I'll be disappointed if this is a Blancpain GT only game, and a scope so narrow would be unfathomable unless Kunos was paid serious money to help promote the series to a wider audience.
The way the release is worded it almost sounds like more of a partnership in developing the game rather than the traditional developer paying for license's model of game making. Too early to tell of course but it will be very exciting to see how this all plays out.

Excited about rain/night, not so much about the choice of engine. As others have pointed out, UE4 may be a flexible engine, but a dedicated driving sim engine it's not. But if there's anyone that can make it happen, it's Kunos.

I'd love to see the look on SimBin staff's faces when they see this coming. RIP GTR3 before it even started.

It's difficult to deny the possibility when the game is called Assetto Corsa Competizione and not Blancpain GT Series.
As others pointed out in the official forums, It's possible that Kunos simply wanted to keep the name "Assetto Corsa", since it has become pretty famous in the sim racing world.

I'll be disappointed if this is a Blancpain GT only game,
Me too. I can't see myself playing a game with a dozen or so of cars I didn't spend much time with in AC (because, while nice, I prefer racing cars from different championships and eras).

Assuming for a second that nothing should prevent Kunos from combining the real world track list of AC with the full Blancpain GT Series calendar:

Barcelona-Catalunya
Brands Hatch
Hungaroring
Imola
Laguna Seca
Le Castellet
Magione
Misano
Monza and 1960s
Mugello
Nürburgring GP and Nordschleife
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone and 1960s
Spa-Francorchamps
Vallelunga
Zandvoort
Zolder

All optimised for the new engine. Tasty, one can dream... :drool:

Excited about rain/night, not so much about the choice of engine. As others have pointed out, UE4 may be a flexible engine, but a dedicated driving sim engine it's not.
Shouldn't we all just assume that Stefano and Kunos know what they are doing? :)

Again, in the words of Marco: "By combining the potential of Unreal Engine 4 and the feedback received from our community, we are producing a completely new simulation aimed to redefine the racing game genre"

Those are not small words, and one would assume that more than a tiny bit of research was behind the decision to use UE4.

Last edited:
Really cool news! I wonder if there will be a steam workshop for mods. Being in Unreal I'd imagine it would make it a lot more easier

Assuming for a second that nothing should prevent Kunos from combining the real world track list of AC with the full Blancpain GT Series calendar:

Barcelona-Catalunya
Brands Hatch
Hungaroring
Imola
Laguna Seca
Le Castellet
Magione
Misano
Monza and 1960s
Mugello
Nürburgring GP and Nordschleife
Red Bull Ring
Silverstone and 1960s
Spa-Francorchamps
Vallelunga
Zandvoort
Zolder

All optimised for the new engine. Tasty, one can dream... :drool:

You're forgetting the Blancpain GT Asia Circuits

I'm glad they chose UE4 after all, I remember one of the team discussing different game engines they were looking at a while back.

The several UE4 games I have in my Steam Library all share the same two things in common; they look fantastic and run like butter.

Excited about rain/night, not so much about the choice of engine. As others have pointed out, UE4 may be a flexible engine, but a dedicated driving sim engine it's not. But if there's anyone that can make it happen, it's Kunos.

I'm not sure why this matters?
Regardless, there are already racing games using UE. I have a couple of them and they are great.

I'd love to see the look on SimBin staff's faces when they see this coming. RIP GTR3 before it even started.

I see no problem with them using UE4, since they're not just going to use basic UE4 physics for the driving, are they... They'll use their own engine for the driving physics and such, and UE4 will be great for the graphics and other non physics related parts of the game.

Will this come to console and will it be worth getting. I’m not into e sports or do any multiplayer racing . But still looks good from the video.

I was looking at the Blancpain calendar and noticed that the races that will happen during the summer will be Misano, Spa, Budapest, and Nurburgring. I feel like early access will either be released at Misano (June 24nd) or Spa for the 24 hour race (July 29th).

Back