Kunos Reveals Assetto Corsa Competizione: Official Blancpain GT Game Coming This Summer

• Thread starter er185es
  • 729 comments
Im kind of sad, i love Assetto Corsa, its the best thing what happened so far in my personal gaming history. But only gt3 cars and no nordschleife makes ACC uninteresting for me. I will buy it, just to support the devs. Hope AC2 will arrive soon, next year or so.

Place your bets for the release date folks...

1- Between 26th and 29th of July
2- Friday 3rd of August
3- After Summer (September..ish)

Place your bets for the release date folks...

1- Between 26th and 29th of July
2- Friday 3rd of August
3- After Summer (September..ish)

1) The EA release date is being revealed then.
2) Too early
3) 8/20/18 @10am PST

...would be my best guess. :)

Im kind of sad, i love Assetto Corsa, its the best thing what happened so far in my personal gaming history. But only gt3 cars and no nordschleife makes ACC uninteresting for me. I will buy it, just to support the devs. Hope AC2 will arrive soon, next year or so.

Relax. As long as a game is on PC, someone somewhere will find a way to mod it. And if not, well someone modded night and weather into AC too so there's still that ;)

Early Access available on September 12th

Screenshot_20180727-112511.jpg

Screenshot_20180727-113017.jpg

I have to say, this Early Access Program Calendar is rather confusing to me. What content is going to be available when?

First of all, the full game is scheduled for Q1 2019, which ends on March 31st. There might be a Build 7 but there's also a chance Build 6 will be the last before 1.0. If that's true, I really have questions.

Regarding the tracks, I can understand why Paul Ricard, Hungaroring and Zolder are coming in later builds, since we haven't seen much, if anything, about those tracks. But why is Misano only coming one month after the initial release? Why is Monza coming only in Build 6? Aren't these tracks further along the development pipeline than tracks we haven't even seen yet? I mean, if they're already good enough to show in events and the others aren't, shouldn't they be the ones finished first? Also, since they, most likely, won't release a "full game" without, at least, the cars, teams and tracks of 2018, can we assume the tracks we don't see listed here (Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Barcelona, Spa) will be available, together with the Nurburgring, on day 1?

I have the same questions for the cars. The Ferrari 488 was the first car we saw in ACC media. It's been being used in demos for quite a while now and it's only coming in Build 4? Again, I understand cars like the Jaguar, the BMW and the Honda needing more time, since we haven't seen anything of them yet. But what about the other cars? Again, can we assume whatever is not here is also coming day 1 (Audi R8, Mercedes AMG, Mclaren 650S, Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911, Aston Martin Vantage, Lexus RCF, Lamborghini Gallardo REX) Also, about the Bentley, which one is it: the old, the new one, or both?

According to the schedule above, VR support is confirmed for Build 2 (October 10th) and multiplayer will arrive in Build 3 (November 14th).

I have to say, this Early Access Program Calendar is rather confusing to me. What content is going to be available when?

First of all, the full game is scheduled for Q1 2019, which ends on March 31st. There might be a Build 7 but there's also a chance Build 6 will be the last before 1.0. If that's true, I really have questions.

Regarding the tracks, I can understand why Paul Ricard, Hungaroring and Zolder are coming in later builds, since we haven't seen much, if anything, about those tracks. But why is Misano only coming one month after the initial release? Why is Monza coming only in Build 6? Aren't these tracks further along the development pipeline than tracks we haven't even seen yet? I mean, if they're already good enough to show in events and the others aren't, shouldn't they be the ones finished first? Also, since they, most likely, won't release a "full game" without, at least, the cars, teams and tracks of 2018, can we assume the tracks we don't see listed here (Silverstone, Brands Hatch, Barcelona, Spa) will be available, together with the Nurburgring, on day 1?

I have the same questions for the cars. The Ferrari 488 was the first car we saw in ACC media. It's been being used in demos for quite a while now and it's only coming in Build 4? Again, I understand cars like the Jaguar, the BMW and the Honda needing more time, since we haven't seen anything of them yet. But what about the other cars? Again, can we assume whatever is not here is also coming day 1 (Audi R8, Mercedes AMG, Mclaren 650S, Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911, Aston Martin Vantage, Lexus RCF, Lamborghini Gallardo REX) Also, about the Bentley, which one is it: the old, the new one, or both?
I'm not sure either. I think it means that the cars and tracks not on the calendar will be available on the release of Early Access?

I'm not sure either. I think it means that the cars and tracks not on the calendar will be available on the release of Early Access?

I would think so. I don't think it'd be fair to release a game with 4 of the tracks missing and 6 cars and call it the "full game".

To me it means: The first Build of the game in EA will contain only the Huracan and Nurburgring.
Only one car, only one track. You make Quick Race against a field of Huracans.
The next Build adds another car, another track. And so on.
Whatever cars and tracks not mentioned in the schedule, will be added when the full game launches in Q1 2019.

It's written there what the content of the first Build will be. So why do you assume that it's more than that? Why would they not name it then :)

I am actually more interested in the price of EA. What do you guys think? 24,99€/$?

Last edited:
To me it means: The first Build of the game in EA will contain only the Huracan and Nurburgring.
Only one car, only one track. You make Quick Race against a field of Huracans.
The next Build adds another car, another track. And so on.
Whatever cars and tracks not mentioned in the schedule, will be added when the full game launches in Q1 2019.

It's written there what the content of the first Build will be. So why do you assume that it's more than that? Why would they not name it then :)

I am actually more interested in the price of EA. What do you guys think? 24,99€/$?

Well, if one car and one track is what EA means, then I'm not sure I'll join in right away. That's awfully bare-bones. As for the price of EA, if it's with that content, then no more than 25-30€. More than that, I'm sorry, but I'll wait for full price and full content, thank you.

They've shown quite a lot more than that. It's hard to believe some cars, already extensively shown, are still months of development, let alone half a year, away from being ready. Then again, I don't know what goes on in Kunos.

Remember the EA of Assetto Corsa, it was similar. Then each Build brought in one car and one track.
I actually hope for 14,99 for the first Build. Then they increase the price bit by bit with each new Build. I think Assetto Corsa was also 14,99 with the first Build. I might be mistaken though.

Remember the EA of Assetto Corsa, it was similar. Then each Build brought in one car and one track.
I actually hope for 14,99 for the first Build. Then they increase the price bit by bit with each new Build.

True enough. I didn't join EA for AC in the very beginning though. By the time I joined, there was already quite some goodies.

To me it's worth whatever they will ask (okay, not really 'whatever', but you get the idea). I see the strong foundation, i see Assetto Corsa, the seriosity of the project and the whole Press Conference was also very impressive in terms of how this whole gigantic Project with all the racing series works. I have trust in Kunos and can't really imagine them failing so hard that the game turns out to be pure garbage. Even if it's only a good sim, it would be worth my money. So why then not getting into it from the very beginning.

Well, if one car and one track is what EA means, then I'm not sure I'll join in right away. That's awfully bare-bones. As for the price of EA, if it's with that content, then no more than 25-30€. More than that, I'm sorry, but I'll wait for full price and full content, thank you.

They've shown quite a lot more than that. It's hard to believe some cars, already extensively shown, are still months of development, let alone half a year, away from being ready. Then again, I don't know what goes on in Kunos.

I guess this is done this way so that they get controlled amount of feedback on possible problems for each build. If they put everything for the first EA build then there surely would be tons of reports on problems and managing that would be impossible.

So in the first build one car, one track and simple game modes and adding content from there.

You do understand this is "Early Access". It's an opportunity to test/use/play/drive Assetto Corsa Competizione BEFORE it's a finished product. What do you expect? All the cars and all the tracks and all the features in an early access program that is still over a year away from official release? I find it a little funny when people put their foot down, "Well, I'm not going to buy it until it's officially released then!" Okay...But if you know you're 100% going to buy it anyway all you've done is deprived yourself from playing/testing/driving/racing in Assetto Corsa Competizione for a full year! That's certainly your prerogative, but it seems strange to believe it's anything but a good thing for people who love the series. Even your statement on price befuddles me. I don't know what ACC is going to retail for on official launch, but if you paid the same amount for Early Access (a year before release) I believe I've gotten great value. You seem to think the opposite. Obviously, to each their own. I'm sure there are MANY people who refuse to enter into any early access program. If it were a small studio with an unproven product, I would agree with you 100%. God forbid they go belly up halfway thru Early Access. The odds of that happening with ACC are slim to none, in my opinion.

I think the big thing is that we've already seen a lot of cars, heck, a lot of people have already driven other cars and yet we have to wait a couple months for them to be available for early access? That really disappoints me

I think the big thing is that we've already seen a lot of cars, heck, a lot of people have already driven other cars and yet we have to wait a couple months for them to be available for early access? That really disappoints me

I am not bothered by that at all because i understand that it is part marketing strategy (so the game is talked about with every new piece of content released) but also part optimization and focused work on feedback.
If they would release almost everything they have now then the process of gathering and attending to the bugs and to the feedback they get would be a bit more difficult. See it as the firing up of a heavy machinery that requires different systems to come to life not all at once but one after the other :)
And after all: I am just happy to be able to play the game way ahead it's scheduled release. I'd rather pay half the price in EA now and play the game at least 6 months before release than wait until march 2019 and pay full price.

You do understand this is "Early Access". It's an opportunity to test/use/play/drive Assetto Corsa Competizione BEFORE it's a finished product. What do you expect? All the cars and all the tracks and all the features in an early access program that is still over a year away from official release? I find it a little funny when people put their foot down, "Well, I'm not going to buy it until it's officially released then!" Okay...But if you know you're 100% going to buy it anyway all you've done is deprived yourself from playing/testing/driving/racing in Assetto Corsa Competizione for a full year! That's certainly your prerogative, but it seems strange to believe it's anything but a good thing for people who love the series. Even your statement on price befuddles me. I don't know what ACC is going to retail for on official launch, but if you paid the same amount for Early Access (a year before release) I believe I've gotten great value. You seem to think the opposite. Obviously, to each their own. I'm sure there are MANY people who refuse to enter into any early access program. If it were a small studio with an unproven product, I would agree with you 100%. God forbid they go belly up halfway thru Early Access. The odds of that happening with ACC are slim to none, in my opinion.

ProjectWHaT already explains one reason why you'd be somewhat disappointed. People have been able to play with cars that we won't see for months. It feels a little bit strange.

I'm going to ask you to calm down a little bit. You seem to be getting excessively defensive here.

I am well aware of what Early Access means, that doesn't mean I think the content will be worth the asking price. We'll have to wait and see what the initial price is and then we'll be able to better judge if we want to play an incomplete product, early on. DiRT Rally launched on EA with 3 countries and quite a bunch of rally cars already included, so there was some flexibility on what you could do from the start of EA. With one car and one track in ACC, it's quite more limited.

The game is not a year from release. 1.0 comes out in Q1 of 2019, which means end of March, at the latest.

To me, if the price is right, joining in early will be great value. At the same time, I do want to support Kunos and purchasing the final product at full price will allow me to better do that. Also, it'll allow me to see what features make it through EA and into the final product and what might get dropped along the way.

Isn't EA primarily intended as a way to provide feedback to the Publisher to improve their product? If you feel Kunos is doing a money grab for an unfinished product, maybe EA is not for you. :confused:

There is obviously a reason they have done it this way with the cars. Aris said they have to update the phyiscs of each car every time they add something like improved suspension. Maybe they're still updating those cars we've seen.

That's what i think too. Maybe some of the cars and tracks they have showed are not in the state of what the Build 1 content will be with the Huracan and Nurburgring? Maybe even the content shown has to still undergo adjustments or optimizations, so they don't want to throw it at people in a non-supervised environment such as a private place PC.
I think though that there is also some sort of dragging it going on so the sim channels are talking about it with every new piece of content. But i highly doubt that it's just this. I think they are just being super meticulous and also want to gather concentrated player feedback instead of all and everything all over the place.

That's what i think too. Maybe some of the cars and tracks they have showed are not in the state of what the Build 1 content will be with the Huracan and Nurburgring? Maybe even the content shown has to still undergo adjustments or optimizations, so they don't want to throw it at people in a non-supervised environment such as a private place PC.
I think though that there is also some sort of dragging it going on so the sim channels are talking about it with every new piece of content. But i highly doubt that it's just this. I think they are just being super meticulous and also want to gather concentrated player feedback instead of all and everything all over the place.
I think another reason may be so everyone tests the things they want rather than say pick Spa and a certain car all the time. Like we see in other games lobbies, including A.C..

I'm gonna post this here because I really do think we will eventually see GT4 cars.

Not sure if this is a GT4 car or one make.

I think another reason may be so everyone tests the things they want rather than say pick Spa and a certain car all the time.

Yes, but that i already covered with this :D "I think they are just being super meticulous and also want to gather concentrated player feedback instead of all and everything all over the place."

Super excited over here :)
Though it looks like they got just the right competition: https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...fia-world-endurance-championship-game.157938/
GTR 3 will be unveiled at Gamescom later this month.
That's super awesome. I've never played any of the previous GTR racing titles, but I know they're very highly regarded. So, the same type of care & quality will hopefully go into the creation of GTR 3. That photo from the above link looks awesome. More competition for Kunos...That's what we need. It will keep them pushing the envelope more and more.

I don't think GTR3 will do well tbh. Those guys are barely related to the old Simbin (which are now split up between the people making Raceroom and PCARS). I don't think the sim racing world is big enough for 2 dedicated GT racing games, and Kunos will surely have the upperhand with physics. Graphics wise it's going to be equal as they are both using UE4. Feature wise there's really not going to be too much difference either as they are portraying similar series.

Back