Kunos Simulazioni to be Acquired by Digital Bros

:odd: SMS released Need for Speed: Shift in 2009, Shift 2 Unleashed in 2011, and PCars is built on a modified version of the engine that ran those games. So no, they did not start from zero with PCars.

From my understanding, the Kunos guys had previous titles to work off of as well, no?

From my understanding, the Kunos guys had previous titles to work off of as well, no?

Yup they've did some games before Assetto
-Netkar pro
-Netbike
-And Ferrari academy

In my opinion, both studios (SMS and Kunos) did a great job in their lasted game..
The only difference is on consoles... There SMS did a good port on par with PC and there is where Kunos failed... Bringing a downed down version.. Even on the physics , cause they are on par with PC only since 1.09...

Lets see now with the money of digital Bros if they improve and achieve to put the console version at least on par with PC version.

Yes, and I'm not claiming otherwise. I'm just pointing out that SMS did not start from scratch with PCars, they have many years of experience working on console based racing games. Kunos has many years of experience working on PC based racing games, this is their first stab at console games and it seems pretty clear that 10 years of making PC games did little to prepare them for making console games. Both of them released their latest console titles in pretty poor shape. SMS eventually made some things right and abandoned the rest, Kunos has done little to improve their console product.

I'm not defending or disparaging either game/developer, just disagreeing with one claim that SMS started from scratch with PCars and another claim that since AC has existed slightly longer than PCars it should have been easy to port it to consoles. Of course that apparently makes me a rabid AC fanboy somehow, but whatever.

Even on the physics , cause they are on par with PC only since 1.09...

Do you know what changed, specifically? Or something you can't put your finger on?

Well, I'm sometimes noticing some questionable car behavior in v1.11 as the physics seem forgiving when quickly going full lock left, right, left right, etc with the DS4 controller. I have been wondering if the physics "allowed" such input in earlier builds because I only recently noticed this, in my opinion, strange car behavior.

Last edited:
Yes, and I'm not claiming otherwise. I'm just pointing out that SMS did not start from scratch with PCars, they have many years of experience working on console based racing games. Kunos has many years of experience working on PC based racing games, this is their first stab at console games and it seems pretty clear that 10 years of making PC games did little to prepare them for making console games. Both of them released their latest console titles in pretty poor shape. SMS eventually made some things right and abandoned the rest, Kunos has done little to improve their console product.

Ah, I did overlook the specific console qualifier, my bad. That's true, Kunos doesn't have any console experience to work off of.

I'm not defending or disparaging either game/developer, just disagreeing with one claim that SMS started from scratch with PCars and another claim that since AC has existed slightly longer than PCars it should have been easy to port it to consoles. Of course that apparently makes me a rabid AC fanboy somehow, but whatever.

I don't think passive aggressive comments like that really help the situation either, though.

I was far from a fan of PCARS at launch. I was silly enough to pre-order, but mostly because I wanted that GTP livery! I'm still not much of one, but I find the whole attitude of one-or-the-other, with any titles, a disservice to the genre. It happens all the time in the GT section with regards to Forza—and, to a lesser extent, the other way around—and it's just as annoying there.

It's not a stretch to say there are some serious AC cheerleaders around. On the other hand, there are members (or at least, one in particular) that focus most of their attention on the title to flamebaiting without any real experience, and seemingly put stock in the ramblings of a satire site.

Neither extreme is a good thing.

On the other hand, there are members (or at least, one in particular) that focus most of their attention on the title to flamebaiting without any real experience, and seemingly put stock in the ramblings of a satire site.

:lol:

You know why I find this funny.

I find the whole attitude of one-or-the-other, with any titles, a disservice to the genre. It happens all the time in the GT section with regards to Forza—and, to a lesser extent, the other way around—and it's just as annoying there.

I do too, and I hate how sometimes it feels like any time I say something even slightly positive about Kunos or AC around here I'm lumped in with the fanboy zealots. Or if I make comments like I did above related to PCars it means I somehow how hate PCars or people who play it. Couldn't be further from the truth, I like any type or racing game and want as many people to play them as possible on whatever platform they have access to. To be honest the only reason AC is my main game is because it's the only one I can get working properly on my equipment, not because I think it's the best sim out there. :lol:

According to Stefano AC development started from zero, around 5 years ago. He says so in the thread "May I ask how old/new the Engine really is?" on the official forums. Just happened to read it the other day actually. :)
Oh and for the record: I like PCars. :lol:

Invisible walls were fixed after 2 weeks or first update. t.
I am sorry but I must totally disagree with you here and point out you are very wrong indeed. This is a game breaking bug for me and others that I race with. It is still a current problem and is a day 1 bug that has not been addressed.

So yes, I do believe criticism of PACRS on PS4 is still justified.

Do you know what changed, specifically? Or something you can't put your finger on?

Well, I'm sometimes noticing some questionable car behavior in v1.11 as the physics seem forgiving when quickly going full lock left, right, left right, etc with the DS4 controller. I have been wondering if the physics "allowed" such input in earlier builds because I only recently noticed this, in my opinion, strange car behavior.

Well, the only thing Kunos said about in the 1.09 changelog is:

-Upgraded physics engine and network protocol to bring them in line with the PC version as of release 1.9

http://console.assettocorsa.net/console-porsche-pack-vol-1-launch-update-v-1-09/

One of the things that changed in a lot of cars is the tyre model.
But they didn't specifying all the rest of the physics upgrade.

Then in the 1.10 Update they fixed the ambient and track temperature that wasn't working as it should in all previous versions..

I am sorry but I must totally disagree with you here and point out you are very wrong indeed. This is a game breaking bug for me and others that I race with. It is still a current problem and is a day 1 bug that has not been addressed.

In more than 200h gameplay on Pcars I've only once encountered "the invisible wall bug" and that was in a online lobby with quite some network stability problems..

They did a really good job in the updates,and it's now very playable.

Every game has bugs.

In Assetto Corsa suport forum from the console versions you can see some huge bugs also...

Like The Xbox version, that has a bug since day one that erases the setup save files.

Or the sound bug since day one (and still happening in IU)

FFB on wheel that stops and has to start up the game again (happened in Pcars also)

Or the DOR bug that isn't good fixed

And for me,one "game breaker" of Assetto, which isn't a bug is the framerate stuttering in races.... With more than 12 cars on track it can become frustrating.

Like i said, every single game has bugs.
And if The game engine is complicated it can be difficult to get some bug fixed.

Or sometimes they fix one bug that introduce some more little bugs in the code.

Difficult to have in these days games without bugs,the games became bigger and more complex than in past generations.

Pcars isn't perfect and Assetto isn't also.
But the two games are great, one for racing and the other to enjoy the driving.

The funny thing is on Pcars GOTY one of their selling points is "over 500 features and bugs fixed/added " which is damn laughable and an insult to gamers intelligence. Personally I'm generally ok with bugs so long as they seek to fix the import ones. The music bug in AC isnt a problem for me and I'd rather they put that last on the list of priorities.

The worst bug in PC is the one that wipes all your data. I remember GT5 did that.

It's not a stretch to say there are some serious AC cheerleaders around.

Best-NFL-cheerleader-GIFs-tampa-bay-bucs-cheerleader.gif

The funny thing is on Pcars GOTY one of their selling points is "over 500 features and bugs fixed/added " which is damn laughable and an insult to gamers intelligence. Personally I'm generally ok with bugs so long as they seek to fix the import ones. The music bug in AC isnt a problem for me and I'd rather they put that last on the list of priorities.

The worst bug in PC is the one that wipes all your data. I remember GT5 did that.

Got to love marketing.

Project Cars good game with a sad story for me on ps4 at least , grinding steering wheel ,landmines/invisibly walls and some crass to the main screen .
Lets hope Project Cars2 bring some light within the darknesses , but one thing I'm not gonna do is pre-order the game I prefer to jump from the nearest building around my house( like ones a low life said to me ) .

Last edited:
Project Cars good game with a sad story for me on ps4 at least , grinding steering wheel ,landmines/invisibly walls and some crass to the main screen .
Lets hope Project Cars2 bring some light within the darknesses , but one thing I'm not gonna do is pre-order the game I prefer to jump from the nearest building around my house( like ones a low life said to me ) than pre-order it .
Yep, my experiences too. I also won't be pre-ordering it and *IF* it actually turns out to be any good I will wait to buy a second hand copy so SMS doesn't actually make any money out of me ;-)

When was that?
All the time on some cars on some tracks. It is the wheel FFB "clipping". It feels like a high vibration.

Just another PCARS PS4 bug from day one :-(

I agree, whole heartedly, with what svenvangent has to say. It has been my experience as well.

Back