La Sarthe and Spa ,weather report and other " stuff "

Just incredible, nothing else to add.
You are by far the winner here.
Thank you...But, anyone can do this, it has absolutely nothing to do with driving skill. Just putt around at 5 minute lap pace and hope it rains, that's it, if it rains you win, in any car. The AI is unbelievably dumb and slow in the rain. Every rain race I've had on easy is 6 laps, sometimes I had to wait at the line, but the AI NEVER do 7 laps! If there's a car that can do 5 minute laps at 98 HP, it can win.

Thank you...But, anyone can do this, it has absolutely nothing to do with driving skill. Just putt around at 5 minute lap pace and hope it rains, that's it, if it rains you win, in any car. The AI is unbelievably dumb and slow in the rain. Every rain race I've had on easy is 6 laps, sometimes I had to wait at the line, but the AI NEVER do 7 laps! If there's a car that can do 5 minute laps at 98 HP, it can win.
Mine doesn't go lower than 114 hp yours was at 112 ( didn't run just wanted to see how low it goes) and i checked everything 🙄

Irrelevant the penalties for cutting the track are not light anymore,they are on the heavy side .
Today the game put me in the track in a place that getting out didn't took penalty before .

Oil could be more possible if is your favourite grinding " mule " .
Checked the oil and it's fine, odd. This is what I used IMG_20240418_102547291.jpg

Got an 8 lap race in the penalty and rain race at Le Mans, I had to pit twice, once normally on lap 4 and then on 6 due to a sudden downpour. Naturally the weather cleared still on lap 6 but the wets held together well enough for me to cross the line with 4 seconds on the clock so i could get the 8th lap done. This was in the group C Jaguar

Then, with the same car but PP upped. and almost beat the Toyota on hard. There were 4 seconds in it at the end and if I hadn't picked up a penalty on the last lap I'm sure I would have won.

I raced yesterday with the Toyota VGT GR3 and it was strange because it rained but I ended doing 7 laps. AT FM6 I can get 6 laps but it was way too slow for me so switched it to FM3 and I was still able to get 4 laps. Tire was decent. The crazy thing is I didn't get any rain until after I pitted on lap 4. It was very fortuitous for me that the rain wasn't super heavy but it was enough for me to drive around 70 mph most of the track. The rain let up by the end of lap 5 and I only had 15 second lead heading into the 6th lap. It got up 36 seconds by the time I was heading into the final turns but there was like a minute left so I was going to have to a 7th lap. I did it but I noticed that the AI all finished the race and I did the 7th lap by myself. I never realized that the AI doesn't do a 7th lap. I was a little bit upset about that but what can you do 🤣 :lol:

kjb
I raced yesterday with the Toyota VGT GR3 and it was strange because it rained but I ended doing 7 laps. AT FM6 I can get 6 laps but it was way too slow for me so switched it to FM3 and I was still able to get 4 laps. Tire was decent. The crazy thing is I didn't get any rain until after I pitted on lap 4. It was very fortuitous for me that the rain wasn't super heavy but it was enough for me to drive around 70 mph most of the track. The rain let up by the end of lap 5 and I only had 15 second lead heading into the 6th lap. It got up 36 seconds by the time I was heading into the final turns but there was like a minute left so I was going to have to a 7th lap. I did it but I noticed that the AI all finished the race and I did the 7th lap by myself. I never realized that the AI doesn't do a 7th lap. I was a little bit upset about that but what can you do 🤣 :lol:
I never noticed that 😂
Perhaps if they delay due to rain and time ends they don't.
But if they pass for 7 before timer ends i think they keep going.

I never noticed that 😂
Perhaps if they delay due to rain and time ends they don't.
But if they pass for 7 before timer ends i think they keep going.
That's what I thought but every last AI had the flag by their names while I was running the 7th lap 🤣 🤣

Really weird first two laps. No major incidents, but the Supra had quick pace to grab P1 starting Lap 2. Usually the Swift, Viper or C7 are out front. Plus, the Vantage was lagging behind in P8. Viper slid to P5 and heavy rain kicked in end of Lap 2. Usually it’s creeping in slowly. The blue stayed connected for six laps with heavy rain cloud patches mid-race.
I’m using one of my GT-Ones. Pitted end of Lap 2 for IM and stayed on those til the finish. Edges of the circuit were still wet due to the length of rain. Even more weird was the WRX finishing P2. I’d usually see the Lancer running long in P2 when it rains long.

This new penalty system is killing me! Is it just the 700pp or is the 900pp affected too?
I think not .
When you select the race there's a tab with race demands and cars that can participate, moving the cursor there and scroll down you see the settings with the penalties .
Where it says penalties Cutting the track ,now its on Heavy while was at light mod .
Also you can see if penalties occurs hitting the wall etc.etc.
At 900 pp was on light last time i see it and of course they can change that after an update if they want to do so.

The fact is that penalties now are very hard , penalties that you could skip lifting the throttle now are 0.500 and if you don't are 1- 1.5 seconds at least.

Many times at Arnage i lost the brakes and went outside, last time happens this the game put me back on track at Indianapolis 😂

Edit
Having second thoughts, might change it due to GTWS races where @jrbabbitt participate .

Last edited:
But the conditions for the CRB stayed the same in the WTC 700 race...?
Its as @kjb said , its the same , you can loose it ONLY if you pass under yellow flags.

All big fours has the same status with Tokyo have a bit different demand for CRB that everyone who use it know very well.

Although the 900pp race is like all the others, just miss the brakes somewhere and you " kiss the baby " 🤣 don't even need to have a penalty or hit some AI .
Also hitting a wall doesn't affect the CRB ( till now ) .

What strategy(fuel, tyres, pitstops) did you use there...?
Same strat as the Honda F1, no stop FM1 on inters, rain race 6 laps. The Honda @112 HP was pretty easy because of the pace it could do, the Porsche not so much. Top speed without draft only 136 mph and fast lap 5:08, where the Honda was around 4:50 +/-. Needed the perfect storm of weather to pull it off, but also had to drive it like I stole it. Also MT, it would be very difficult on AT.

Same strat as the Honda F1, no stop FM1 on inters, rain race 6 laps. The Honda @112 HP was pretty easy because of the pace it could do, the Porsche not so much. Top speed without draft only 136 mph and fast lap 5:08, where the Honda was around 4:50 +/-. Needed the perfect storm of weather to pull it off, but also had to drive it like I stole it. Also MT, it would be very difficult on AT.
I admire your courage to do such a thing.
I can't even imagine how painful will be setting faster lap at 5.08 with AI getting away and wait for a storm to fall .😂
Plus the new penalty system which make things even worse.
Your determination to this is outstanding.
It's very difficult to win on a slow car , in fact i find this more difficult than bust 34's in the new race .
Bravo mate you put us all " glasses " .

The term " Turtle King " fits perfect to you now .

Back