Lamborghini’s 50th anniversary - Veneno (Lambo's fastest car ever!)

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 307 comments
1000 pounds less then what Lamborghini says the Aventador weighs, or 1000 pounds less than the 300 extra pounds that the Aventador actually weighed when magazines started testing it?

1000 pounds less then what Lamborghini says the Aventador weighs, or 1000 pounds less than the 300 extra pounds that the Aventador actually weighed when magazines started testing it?

Even the :lol: way round I'd like to see them both on a weighbridge to prove it... cutting 700lbs (300kg) out of the Aventador is a huge amount... does this have 4WD still, or is it only 2WD?

Turns out it's only about 275 lbs lighter

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/5474/Lamborghini-Veneno.html

Reading the whole thing, they were using dry weight and apparently the weight of the Aventador before magazine tests, so now I'm even less sure of the number.

What year did you stop liking sports cars? How old are you, btw? Do you play Gran Turismo, knowing your favorite cars won't out perform the 85% of cars the other players use?

Just concerned, is all. lol
It's not a good idea to get cocky after displaying a poor understanding of basic economics. The price doesn't have as much to do with the material lining the dash as you think, if anything at all. Go Wiki the principle of supply and demand, as well as the term scarcity. Those two ideas should shed some light and prevent further frivolous arguments.

Last edited:
Exorcet
Well you'd be wrong on that, as use isn't actually determined by what the car is used for (at least in this case).

Any of the car mentioned could be used as a track car. Just because some aren't used for that and sit in garages doesn't mean a thing.

As for this car, the aerodynamics and weight (Almost 1000 lbs less than the Aventador according to one of the links in this thread, though I'm not sure how credible) could make it worlds apart from any other Lamborghini.

I'm actually worried about Pagani. The Huayra is not only ugly, but it's heavier than the Zonda. Weight is a sin when it comes to performance cars.

Pagani still raped on Top Gear though.

Meh... I read somewhere this week that Pagani had admitted that the Huayra on Top Gear was running hand cut slicks - the same tyres the Zonda R used to set its 'Ring lap.

Hammond had been driving it on it's usual road tyres, and Pagani swapped them for Stig's lap attempt.

The Pagani is fast... but it's not that fast.

Meh... I read somewhere this week that Pagani had admitted that the Huayra on Top Gear was running hand cut slicks - the same tyres the Zonda R used to set its 'Ring lap.

Hammond had been driving it on it's usual road tyres, and Pagani swapped them for Stig's lap attempt.

This. The laptime is entirely invalid, even by Top Gear standards...

But still there is nothing special about a different paint extended aventador with a new spoiler with tuned suspensions. Some custom auto shop could do all this for me for less than 3mil. Why didn't they just take the time to make a new car.
Another person with no clue about the actual car.
Yes, I do despise modern Ferrari’s and Lamborghini’s … primarily because of the type of customer they are aiming their cars at nowadays. Ferrari does at least have some proper motorsport heritage though, and their recent cars are widely praised by the motoring press.
Ah, the old heritage argument that means nothing in the grand scheme of things except as a way to move cars.
I can’t get the official press release to open, but how Lamborghini choose to spin the Veneno’s mechanicals and reality will be limited by the $12 million budget they have (plus whatever they chose to swallow in add on costs wrapped up in their total PR budget) – which is nothing in car building terms, particularly when they will have needed to invest a huge amount in aero work at least. The tub and subframes are Aventador, the engine is tweaked Aventador (likely we’ll see this in forthcoming upgraded Aventador models), and a wild stab in the dark bets that the suspension is pretty much Aventador too. The interior might have different materials, but it’s pretty much an Aventador interior.

The only really significant difference is the bodywork – which clearly also includes the aero side.
I like that you again resort back to pointing out only the Aventador-sourced bits & make no attempt to comment on anything else; materials, tuning differences, wheels, brakes, etc. I suggest taking some time to look into how Boeing & Lamborghini developed the Sesto Elemento. The concept is the same applied to an Aventador base, but with more details involved.

At $4 million it's a publicity gimic without a corresponding level of engineering substance to back up the stupid price... if we're talking substance, a P1/918/La Ferrari (silly name!) would destroy it on performance for a quarter of the price, whilst still offering a very high level of exclusivity. You could buy a Veyron SS for less than half the price of this (though you'd then have a mr blobby car, rather than one that looks like it's been styled in a 12 yo's wet dream).
What else is in the future? You must know to make such a statement you know full well you can't actually back up at this time.

I had no idea $2.5 million was also less than half the price of $4 million (this not factoring in that buying a SS now runs around $3 million). Has math failed in the future as well? Or are we just speaking of what we think we know & not actually making sure we're correct?

Personally, you've posted your distaste enough & we get it; you aren't fond of the brand in any way. You can stop posting why you've come to that conclusion, though. It's making it obvious your displeasure is coming from uninformed reasoning.

Last edited:
I like that you again resort back to pointing out only the Aventador-sourced bits & make no attempt to comment on anything else; materials, tuning differences, wheels, brakes, etc. I suggest taking some time to look into how Boeing & Lamborghini developed the Sesto Elemento. The concept is the same applied to an Aventador base, but with more details involved.

Once you've used the Aventador's tub, subframes, engine, suspension, and interior, that only really leaves the bodywork and some new wheels and brakes. Mansory normally do that sort of stuff for a couple of hundred thousand Euros... and most of their stuff are one off's.

I had no idea $2.5 million was also less than half the price of $4 million. Has math failed in the future as well? Or are we just speaking of what we think we know & not actually making sure we're correct?

Slight exageration perhaps, but not miles wide of the mark.... a used Veyron can be picked up for £700k, so won't be long before a SS is sub $2 million :lol:

I wasn't sure about it until I saw the video of it in motion, & hearing that engine scream. I like it for its radical design. Reminds me of the back of the Citroen GT racecar. I just hope we can see videos of it in the wild surface. Out of the other cars shown I like the P1 and LaFerrari more, but this is downright sinister.

Want to back up that claim?

Since I'm here I'll do it for him.

I posted this in the Premium Top Gear thread but not the Huayra thread so I just updated that one too.

Big deal, I would've done the same thing if I was Pagani.

They're a small company that needs all the help they can get for business. It's not everyday that somebody's gonna be buying a Huayra.

So if my car was gonna be on a show viewed by millions from around the world, and I could choose for those millions of people to see my car come around 5th or 6th on the leader board, or change the tires (even if everybody found out) and finish 1st, guess which one I'd pick.

It's business. And they're definitely not trying to cover it up either. They're being honest in admitting that they switched them, that's nice to see.

It's not a good idea to get cocky after displaying a poor understanding of basic economics. The price doesn't have as much to do with the material lining the dash as you think, if anything at all. Go Wiki the principle of supply and demand, as well as the term scarcity. Those two ideas should shed some light and prevent further frivolous arguments.

...Huh? When did I say the price was determined by any of the car's materials?

It's cool, I'll wait.

Made today, the anniversary wallpaper!
Download (2048x1152)

look only at the full screen!
Created by Ferino Design
www.facebook.com/FerinoDesign

Original part of source:
8530403597_4e01e2b9ef_c.jpg

I don't like it half as much as I like their other recent designs, it looks a little 'cartoony' for me but if they changed those wheels for something more like the Aventador's wheels then it'd look a whole lot better!

I... I don't even know what to say. I'm really torn with this car. It's so SOOOOOOOOO absurd and extreme, but I can't make up my mind if in a good or a bad way. It is massively impressive indeed, and saying it's controversial would be the understatement of the century.

Wait a sec, I read only 3 will be made. Will that even qualify it to be a "production car".

I thought a car maker had to produce at least 5 examples of a car to be considered a production car.

Anyway, the fact that only 3 are being made makes me like the car a little less. It doesn't make it more rare, i.e. desirable, imo it makes the entire car seem more like a one-off then anything else. Pretty sad considering that Ferrari and McLaren are making 300+ examples of their cars. oh well.

Back