Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (Murci Replacement) More Images Post 30

There could be some new pics snuck out tonight. Lamborghini is holding a private viewing tonight before the unveiling.

lamborghini-aventador-svj.jpg

lamborghini-aventador-svj.jpg

More info here: https://www.motor1.com/news/263420/lamborghini-aventador-svj-supercar/

Last edited:
I wouldn’t be surprised if all 63 of that edition are sold out by now. Personally, a nice little cha-ching on top of the “base” car since 63 is only to commemorate the company’s founding year and the use of carbon iirc.

Roadster version is sometime next year as well; dealers already taking deposits for it with the coupes.

Looks like the 12 year old who designed the Veneno has grown up, a little, and had another shot at re-designing the Aventador

Newest Aventador SVR photo basically shows off the whole car

5cb2b8dc290d255d517f1588ae506bb9.png

I tried finding the source of the photo, Riccardo Neri, but couldn't find anything other than an old Facebook page with the same name and a few old photos of Imola. Supposedly, this'll be Lamborghini's last V12

It basically matches the teaser shot from a while ago with its long tail and front splitter.

teaser-for-lamborghini-aventador-track-car-debuting-in-2020_100721509_l.jpg

In similar news, we likely won't see it revealed to the public. Lamborghini is leaving the major autoshows in favor of more, client-only, one-on-one-contact type reveals. This car could be the first of that.
The Italian brand has yet to confirm when its first bespoke unveiling will take place, but a likely candidate is the 819bhp V12-powered, Aventador-based ‘SVR’ track car that has been previewed in a series of videos and images over the past few months.
https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry/lamborghini-will-no-longer-attend-motor-shows

Isn't the Sian the successor to the Aventador? And that still has a V12 (albeit with mild hybrid assistance).

Not much manufacturers left using V12 are there? Ferrari and Aston are the only ones that I can come up with, unless they have also said no more future models :(

Isn't the Sian the successor to the Aventador? And that still has a V12 (albeit with mild hybrid assistance).

Not much manufacturers left using V12 are there? Ferrari and Aston are the only ones that I can come up with, unless they have also said no more future models :(

The Sian is still Aventador-based and is largely an experiment for Lambo's supercapacitor hybrid tech.

Officially revealed

Lamborghini Essence SCV12

lamborghini-essenza-scv12.jpg

https://www.motor1.com/news/436358/lamborghini-essenza-scv12-racecar/

“The Essenza SCV12 represents the purest track driving experience that our brand can offer, an engineering feat that highlights the inextricable link between our cars and the asphalt of the track,” said Stefano Domenicali, CEO and chairman of Automobili Lamborghini.

The Essenza SCV12 was created for exclusive track use, with engineering solutions derived from racing. The V12 engine is able to deliver over 830 horsepower (619 kilowatts), with a significant power uplift from a ram effect at high speeds.

The power is handled by a new X-trac sequential six-speed gearbox, positioned as a structural element within the chassis. The Essenza SCV12 features an exceptional power-to-weight ratio of 1.66 hp per kilogram thanks to the new-generation carbon fiber monocoque chassis that doesn't need an internal rollcage. In spite of its absence, the Essenza SCV12 is the first GT car developed in accordance with FIA prototype safety rules, a testament to the carbon fiber chassis' inherent strength.

The aerodynamics benefit from Lamborghini Squadra Corse’s GT racing experience to ensure higher downforce levels than a GT3 car, with a value of 2,756 pounds (1,200 kg) at 155 miles per hour (250 kilometers per hour).

Essenza SCV12 customers will become part of an exclusive club that will give them access to special programs to drive their hypercar on the most prestigious circuits in the world. The program includes storage service in a new hangar built in Sant’Agata Bolognese for the Essenza SCV12 club. Each car will have a personalized garage and dedicated resources, including webcams to allow customers to monitor their cars 24 hours a day using an app.

Oh my, that is ugly. And just imagine how many alcantaras had to be slaughtered for that interior.

There's something inherently sad (I'm careful here not to say pointless, because there is clearly a point$$$$) about a car designed exclusively for the racetrack that will never be actually raced wheel to wheel and probably not even driven more than a cautious few laps, ever.

I'm far more interested in the last paragraph about the car. Looks like Lamborghini is adopting the XX Programme within' Ferrari's Corse Clienti.

Compared to the Brabham BT62, it has 130 more HP, but also over 300kg heavier (I assume the 1.66 hp/kg is a typo because the car would weigh 500kg otherwise). Downforce wise they are pretty much equal. I know which one I'd rather have based on looks alone.

There's supposed to be 2 more one-off Aventadors that are street legal in the pipeline, but I can't imagine a one-off being placed outside with the rest of production. Don't think it's a mule either, looks really proper & finished.

I just realized, the new car appears to be based on the Sian rather than a normal Aventador (although, yes, the Sian is already based on the Aventador)

2020-Lamborghini-Sian-010-2160-scaled.jpg

Latest Posts

Back