Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (Murci Replacement) More Images Post 30

Jay
Wow, didn't take much to cook that clutch. Sounds great though.

Are you kidding? Lambos are infamous for roasting clutches... Jay Leno once quipped that Lambo owners constantly lose drag races at the stoplight to Civics because they're too scared to romp on the clutch... :lol:

WCF Link

1579075.jpg

I see a lot of Reventon and Estoque in this.

Is that suppose to be paint?...... I don't see it. I don't find this material good for driving around in without a decent paint job. Looks like only the paint was melted off.

Hot new Lamborghini Murcielago on test

Best pictures yet of Lambo's sensational Murcielago successor.

Production of the fastest Lamborghini so far is gathering speed, and these latest spy shots show the all-new flagship is closer than ever.

Last month we brought you the most up-to-date details on Lambo’s Murcielago replacement and now we have close-up images of how the brand new hypercar will look like.

Styled in-house at the firm’s headquarters in Sant’Agata, Italy, the newcomer will be the first production model to be penned by design and brand director Manfred Fitzgerald. While under its skin, Lambo’s latest venture will get a new carbon fibre chassis, helping bring its weight down from 1,665kg to 1,500kg.

Power will be drastically increased too, with a new 7.0-litre V12 engine expected to produce in excess of 700bhp and 700Nm of torque. As a result the Murcielago-successor will able to clock a top speed of around 220mph and 0-62mph will take only 3.0 seconds.

However, fuel economy is also due to increase to around 23mpg, with CO2 falling from 495g/km to roughly 425g/km, thanks to a clever cylinder deactivation system, which operates under light loads.

It is also known that Lamborghini isn’t a fan of the twin-clutch DSG-style gearbox, and will instead use a seven-speed, paddleshift automated manual gearbox directing power to the four-wheel-drive system.

Despite the weight savings that could be had by returning to a rear-drive layout, Lamborghini confirms that the car will be all-wheel-drive. However, it will be optimised to reduce friction, and feature parent firm Audi’s torque vectoring system for even better handling.

Inside, the new design means the Murciélago’s offset driving position will be consigned to the history books. Trademark scissor doors will remain, the cabin will be trimmed in carbon and Alcantara, while luxuries will include a hi-tech sat-nav and a jet-style head-up display.

The new Lambo will debut at the Paris Motor Show in October and will cost in excess of £300,000.

car_photo_369640_25.jpg

car_photo_369646_25.jpg

car_photo_369643_25.jpg

So, they didn't go with the twin-clutch after all, eh? 7-speed will be interesting.

And I love the 23Mpg. This car having a 700Bhp V12 getting the same fuel range as my 276Hp V6. Love it. :lol:

Like a 6-7L Corvette V8 putting out 400-500hp and getting the same mileage as our 197hp I4s...

What's that about an offset driver's position?

The back end is looking good, but the front still looks like the current models as far as I'm concerned. Unless there is something a bit wild hiding under the camouflage.....

Please let them keep those slats over the rear window. Or am I the only one who things that that style was really cool?

The back end is looking good, but the front still looks like the current models as far as I'm concerned. Unless there is something a bit wild hiding under the camouflage.....

Let's hope that the camo is like that to intentionally remind us of the current models. The current ones are still pretty sweet, but I'd really like to see Lamborghini take a new direction somewhat.

What's that about an offset driver's position?

The old Lambo's ( as well as most other Italian supercars ) had an offset driver's position meaning the pedals and seating/steering wheel were not fully aligned leaving the driver to take a bit of an awkward and skewed driving position.
The pedals were more to the right than might be considered comfortable or logical ( caused by poorly designed and cramped footwells ) compared to the seats.:)

I love how the windshield goes under the bonnet. I don't know if that's part of the camo or not but either way it looks cool.

-> I was wondering on why they call it "Jota" (unofficial name)? Many Lambo fans knows that Jota is an in-house tuner or a limited edition model. (Thanks to my VWL reseach for this) :)

I think it is an unofficial project-name, the name Jota however isn't referring to an in-house tuner ( there is none ) but refers to a one-off racing-version of the Miura created by testdriver Bob Wallace.

"In 1970, Lamborghini development driver Bob Wallace used chassis #5084 to create a test mule that would conform to the FIA's Appendix J racing regulations. The car was appropriately named the Miura Jota (the pronunciation of the letter 'J' in Spanish). Only one was ever built, which was eventually sold to a private buyer after extensive testing. In April 1971, the car crashed on the yet-unopened ring road around the city of Brescia, and burned to the ground."

miura_jota_img01.jpg

I think it is an unofficial project-name, the name Jota however isn't referring to an in-house tuner ( there is none ) but refers to a one-off racing-version of the Miura created by testdriver Bob Wallace.

"In 1970, Lamborghini development driver Bob Wallace used chassis #5084 to create a test mule that would conform to the FIA's Appendix J racing regulations. The car was appropriately named the Miura Jota (the pronunciation of the letter 'J' in Spanish). Only one was ever built, which was eventually sold to a private buyer after extensive testing. In April 1971, the car crashed on the yet-unopened ring road around the city of Brescia, and burned to the ground."

miura_jota_img01.jpg
The Jota name is designated as the in house "tuner" mainly because it has added racing parts to a couple models to make them a bit faster.

The Diablo SE30 was given Jota-treatment that included a non street-legal exhaust, 2 air ducts on the hood, & re-tuned engine for 600+Hp.

The Burtoni aftermarket company was allowed use of the Jota name when he did similar modifications to the 6.0 VT.

The old Lambo's ( as well as most other Italian supercars ) had an offset driver's position meaning the pedals and seating/steering wheel were not fully aligned leaving the driver to take a bit of an awkward and skewed driving position.
The pedals were more to the right than might be considered comfortable or logical ( caused by poorly designed and cramped footwells ) compared to the seats.:)

It's clear here too;

Lamborghini%20Murcielago%20LP640%20Roadster%20Two%20Face%204.jpg

At least the 23mpg makes the car more practical for everyday use. Though it seems that mileage will only be good till it reaches a certain speed and then the rest of the cylinders would engage. Though-fore you would get lower mpg. I can't wait for more information on this system that they are planning on using. That's only because I dread driving a hybrid system.

The Jota name is designated as the in house "tuner" mainly because it has added racing parts to a couple models to make them a bit faster.

The Diablo SE30 was given Jota-treatment that included a non street-legal exhaust, 2 air ducts on the hood, & re-tuned engine for 600+Hp.

The Burtoni aftermarket company was allowed use of the Jota name when he did similar modifications to the 6.0 VT.

Okay granted, don't want to go into sematics but to me an in-house tuner is something like AMG, Mugen or even BMW's M-division, etc.:)

Not the biggest reveal ever but hopefully there'll be more info in July but if not then the Paris Auto Show in October.

Lamborghini Sends A “Teaser” For Newest Model

4626976617_33c717f271_o.jpg

Ok, maybe the word “teaser” is even a bit much. Looking at the picture above, it’s obvious that Lamborghini is aiming to build the hype for their newest creation to wear the raging bull- hype that is no doubt super far in advance to its actual public debut. But really, Lambo, that’s it? A simple highlighted line with your logo?

Don’t get us wrong, the lineup of Italian cars on the top is nothing short of wallpaper-worthy, but give us a bit more to go off of here. Maybe even something fun and creative like BMW did with their new 5-Series.

Unlike the picture, however, the boys over at TeamSpeed give us a bit more substance on the new Lamborghini to sink our automotive teeth into, saying:

The presentation of the Murcielago successor to the dealers and VIP customers will take place in July. All official specs and the official name will be revealed in July to the dealers. Official public launch is supposed to happen at Paris auto show this fall.

There are no new rumors about specs, everything being repeated once and again. CF chassis, probably the monocell, think of MP4-12C but a bit different. New direct-injection V12 good for 700 hp or even slightly more with 0-100 km/h rumored to be around 3.0 seconds and top speed around 370 km/h.

Body will feature some style clues from Reventon, but it will be all-new concept with clear Lamborghini DNA. Car will be shorter than current Murcielago Also, traditional scissor doors are sacrificed to low weight, which is rumored to be below 1500 kg, doors will open in a bit different way to the side first and only then go up. New 21″ wheels and upgraded Brembo CC brake system. Price is to settle around current LP640 price.

In other words, if you’re a Lambo VIP customer and a Daily Derbi reader, please don’t make us wait till the Paris Auto Show to see pictures of this thing! Contact form is on the right!

Well I think it's safe to assume that it's going to be a car after that revealing shot.

Thank goodness. I was worried Lambo was trying to get into the airplane business for a second.

On September 30, 2010, Lamborghini will reveal the highly anticipated replacement for the Murcielago.

Some teaser shots are being released since a week it seems
Lamborghini-Supersports-Car_1.jpg

I was very excited with it until you said the "E" word...E...E...Estoque :ill:. Now I have to wash my eyes after reading that sole word, "Estoque" should be filtered in all forums and appear as "🤬".

Could be España. A Lamborghini España would be a killer name

I was expecting a bit more as far as new body style. Looks like a heavily modified Murcielago, not that that's a bad thing.
Still, it does look nice, can't wait to see the final production model.....who knows, this might even make its way into GT5 as a concept model.

EDIT: Never mind, I saw some clearer pictures with better lighting and it's an amazing looking piece a machinery

Last edited:
-> I think we should play a game; on which famous bull should represent the next 'big' Lambo!? :sly:

Back