Lamborghini Aventador LP 700-4 (Murci Replacement) More Images Post 30

I'm surprised these weren't posted yet. Clearest shots of the actual car, minus heavy camo (still blacked out with tape, however). These are from a Press Event.

lamborghinimurcielagof3.jpg

lamborghinimurcielagof3.jpg

lamborghinimurcielagopr.jpg

Navigation system (excluding Brasil)

Incredible how to see we're always excluded from navigation systems. Why?

Because I doubt many people have the balls to go and map out some of the favelas of Brazil. I know I certainly wouldn't :sly:

That's not the hood you're seeing....

No, I know what I'm saying. Compare its hood to a FR car, say SLS. I like more the SLS. This Aventador reminds me the Stratos, has its charm but not my cup of tea.

So is the "Aventador" the final name?

1,575kg dry weight isn't as light as I was expecting considering it has a carbon tub!

I'm rather disappointed with the weight of it.

+1 :yuck:

Sure, the announced performances are still outstanding, but how the hell can't they get the weight lower than that? Even considering a further stripped version with no equipment whatsoever and a few more bits in cf, at most I see it getting down to roughly 1500kgs, which is still a lot of weight for a full cf car basically.

Can anyone find me an example of Arancio Argos? I've had a flutter around the net but I can't find anything even close.

Can anyone find me an example of Arancio Argos? I've had a flutter around the net but I can't find anything even close.
Going to be near impossible as it's exclusive to the LP700. However, the color under the black camo'd car is supposed to be the color. That's the one they're rumored to be showing off in Geneva.

I think the pics of the black camo cars above are from a recent event Lamborghini ran for a select few motoring journo's at Nardo... when they ran 3 prototypes in convoy at well over 200mph at night.

Early feeback is that the car a significant step on from the Murci.... massively fast and with much improved handling.

Without lying, I would have to say that, even with its camouflaged appearance, this is the most perfectly designed, wholly sexy and menacing car design of all time. The only other automaker who is currently able to craft a car that looks perfect from every conceivable angle is Aston Martin; although each maker has a very different style, I think we can add Lamborghini's current LP and Reventon models (and this Murci replacement-to-be) to the super-exclusive 'perfectly-designed' car-club too. I truly can't wait to see this at the Geneva Motor Show. :drool:

PS: A 0-60 time of just 2.9 seconds? My god.

Lamborghini

Last edited:
Looking like a Murcielago mated with a Reventon, that mated with a Gallardo, that mated with a Diablo.

In essence, I love what it's implying. Can't wait to see it unwrapped.

It's hard to judge the detailing from the camo cars, but the overall shape and its proportions are excellent. The Diablo and Murciélago were fantastic looking cars but proportionally somewhat back heavy. This, please don't let it be called the Aventador, is much more balanced, just as the Gallardo is.

It could be worse and be called Huayra which is unpronounceable by anyone other than Geordies! It does look fantastic though.

Not sure if these pics have already been posted, but they provide a pretty good indication as to what the Aventador will look like. I think it looks amazing, can't wait to see it unveiled!

Lamborghini-Aventador-spied-Dec2010.jpg

lamborghini-Aventador-Now-Available-for-Preorder-640x260.jpg

Also found this pic of the Carbon Fibre monocoque 👍

Lamborghini-Aventador-monocoque.jpg

Back