• Thread starter JMoney
  • 499 comments
Configurator is up and running.
Here's mine:
1.jpg
2.jpg
4.jpg
3.jpg

Oh man, there are a few different hues I really like. The purples are all great, shame there's no matching tones inside.

Lamborghini Huracán Sterrato concept

https://media.lamborghini.com/engli...oncept/s/7f18acbb-d50f-464c-86f0-33b0b560e200

539160_v2.JPEG

539170_v2.JPEG

539169_v2.jpg

The Sterrato concept is based on the Huracán EVO with the same 5.2 liter naturally-aspirated engine producing 640 hp. The Huracán EVO’s LDVI (Lamborghini Dinamica Veicolo Integrata) with predictive logic, controls the Sterrato’s systems including four-wheel drive, four-wheel steering, modified suspension and torque vectoring, anticipating the next moves of the driver to ensure perfect driving dynamics. Calibrated for off-road driving including low-adherence surfaces, and tuned to maximize traction and acceleration, the LDVI system in the Sterrato provides enhanced rear-wheel drive behavior, producing more torque together with additional stabilization in oversteering maneuvers.

Ground clearance is heightened by 47 mm, with the car’s front approach sharpened by 1% and the departure angle enhanced by 6.5%.

The wheel track is enhanced front and rear by 30 mm, with 20” wheels on balloon tires set into new wide-body wheel arches with integrated air intakes, giving the Sterrato a commanding presence that makes clear its abilities. Specially-developed larger tires with increased side walls improve the asperity absorption and grip. Wide, rugged, open shoulder blocks for self-cleaning qualities, provide excellent off-road surface adherence with improved traction and braking and are highly damage resistant.

The Sterrato is fitted with underbody reinforcements and body protection, including a rear skid plate that acts as a diffuser. Aluminum reinforcements are integrated within the front frame and covered with an aluminum skid plate, with aluminum-reinforced side skirts. Special protective composite bodywork includes stone-deflecting protection around the engine and air intakes and mud guards in hybrid materials of carbon fiber and elastomeric resin. An off-road LED light package is comprised of a roof-mounted LED light bar and LED bumper lights with flood function.

A specially-designed interior trim reflects the sporty off-road character of the Sterrato, featuring a new lightweight titanium roll cage, four-point seatbelts to the new carbon bi-shell sports seats, and aluminum floor panels.

Jonny Lieberman says the driving impressions are embargoed until the 12th

So they've finally made a spiritual successor to Porsche 959 Dakar Rally car.

https://www.motortrend.com/cars/lam...borghini-huracan-sterrato-first-drive-review/

Huracan Sterrato first drive

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-front-three-quarter-in-motion.jpg

[It's based on] A Huracán Evo, for sure. One that's been raised nearly 2 inches (47mm) and had its track widened by over an inch (30mm). The Sterrato's wheel arches are both wider and 3-D printed to accommodate the wider balloon tires—currently unnamed prototype off-road rubber by Pirelli (I suggested D Zero, for Dirt Zero)—235/45R20 front and 305/40R20 rear.

The front axle has been moved forward 3 inches to accommodate the larger tires, which necessitated not only new control arms but also longer front fenders. Aluminum armor plating has been added to the bottom of the Sterrato's snout, its side sills, and under the rear fascia. That rear hunk of metal also acts as a diffuser, because Lamborghini. The approach angle is increased by just 1 degree, while the departure angle increases by 6.5 degrees. However, several engineers assured me that in all their testing, the only part of the nose that scrapes is the armor. There's also shielding in front of the side intakes to keep rocks and debris out of the engine's intake plenums. LED running lights, an LED light bar, and mud flaps complete the Mad Max supercar look.

The final piece of the Sterrato puzzle is the reprogrammed LDVI. Launched with the Evo, the Lamborghini Dinamica Veicolo Integrata (i.e., Lamborghini Dynamic Vehicle Integration) here on the Sterrato is geared (pun intended!) toward off-road fun. First, the entire system has been optimized for low-grip surfaces and situations. Not just the ESC, but the systems that dole out torque front and rear plus side to side have been Sterrato-tuned with dusty, gravelly roads in mind. As such, the Sterrato exhibits more rear-drive behavior than any other Lamborghini, even the RWD Huracán.

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-87.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-61.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-41.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-44.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-22.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-11.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-50.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-52.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-54.jpg

Lamborghini-Huracan-Sterrato-85.jpg

Interesting side note, Lamborghini has also announced today that Winkelmann is returning as the President & CEO of the brand (& will also remain as President of Bugatti).

I mean, it's faster than a Performante, but the Performante looks better.

I can see this one possibly clinching the Nurburgring record again from Mercedes. In fact, I bet that's the reason this car even exists.

Last edited:
I guess I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the market that apparently exists for this car because even Porsche is also working on a raised up, off-road intended 911.
It feels so wrong but at the same time its something we need!!

Back