Lamborghini Sián is an 819hp Hybrid Bull

Will be interesting to see if other hybrid hypercars adopt a supercapacitor system.

Otherwise this looks as wild as other Lambos.

Be-au-ti-ful.

Could a supercapacitor become the next thing for electric cars?

This is the first hypercar/exotic to genuinely pique my interest in 15 years. 👍

I quite like the front and sides, but the back doesn't really look good to me. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Supercapacitors make a lot of sense, especially for something as "dynamic" as this. I can only assume they're expensive otherwise I don't understand why they're rarely used.

I think it is clever, but im not a fan of the styling. All I can think of is the SSC twatura. God I hate that thing :lol:.

I'd dare say that the very last Lamborghini with a stylish, cohesive design was the pre-facelift Gallardo. Anything beyond that point is too fussy, and Lamborghini designs have been progressively getting fussier and fussier since.

I'd dare say that the very last Lamborghini with a stylish, cohesive design was the pre-facelift Gallardo. Anything beyond that point is too fussy, and Lamborghini designs have been progressively getting fussier and fussier since.
I personally think the Huracan is an incredibly good looking car, and I also love the original aventador.

In fact i think the Huracan is one of the best looking cars out there. Im just sad they facelifted it and made it worse.

Someone wants to win the new hypercar race class methinks.

For real. Small and tight package, more powerful electric system that basically gets recharged at every corner, capacitor is located in a place that only improves the CoG.

If Lamborghini was interested in Le Mans, this car, or at least its drivetrain package, would be perfect.

For a limited edition Lambo this is not too bad looking.
That might not be a compliment though. I like how Lamborghini designs their limited editions to be weird looking contemporary works of angular art. It's rarely my taste, but I enjoy seeing car manufacturers experiment with design and actually build and sell the things.

I quite like the front and sides, but the back doesn't really look good to me. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Same here. The shape of the tail lights doesn't work for me. Seems to be out of place.

I personally think the Huracan is an incredibly good looking car, and I also love the original aventador.

In fact i think the Huracan is one of the best looking cars out there. Im just sad they facelifted it and made it worse.

I agree with you on this. I think the Huracan has a very balanced design and I like how it looks.

For a car that is influenced by Countach, its front end is a missed opportunity, it looks like any other current production Lamborghini.

Siân (pronounced Shahn) is a Welsh feminine name, meaning “gift of God”
and 'She who foretells the weather'.

-

I quite like the car, though unfortunately my budget will only allow me to consider buying a 1:18 scale version of one.

Last edited:
I bet 90% of the stock is gonna go to Saudi Arabia and Dubai, too, just like most rare hypercars. Some would argue that it's the worst of consumerism and economic inequality. I say that it's not great, but it's a way to basically sell concept cars that are testing various technologies and stylings, like selling a videogame in Early Access.

TBH, if I ran VAG, I'd make sure each division is as self-sufficient as possible, or at least as run at a lowest loss as possible for VAG to pay off. I guess I can understand why, in that regard, the EB110 remake is just a modded Chiron. It's quite economic, come to think of it. I mean, Bugatti basically makes only one car at a time, looking back at the Veyron. I wonder if it'd help if they made something a bit less for the bougiest-of-the-bougiest? Maybe borrow some hints from the commercial successes of the Gallardo & Huracan, or even the Cayenne & Macan?

I suppose we just don't want to eventually hear the current Bugatti leadership say, "Let them eat W16s."

Last edited:
I wonder how many more opportunities they have left for putting the Aventador in another fat suit. Using a capacitor is interesting, certainly Toyota must have found it a dead end for Le Mans, since they dropped the technology a few years back and ironically went for the same system the VAG teams were using.

Possibly the ugliest supercar ever made... It's like they took an already over-styled design, and then duplicated the number of grills and slashes.

Horrific.

While I applaud Lambo for going the supercapacitor route unlike most other hybrid supercars with normal batteries, it feels just like a "token" electrification to me. 33hp from 807hp is 4% and I bet you the car would go just as quickly losing the extra weight of the system. The stats on the official site seem to show it has similar top speed and acceleration with the Aventador SVJ, so it's a whole lot of extra complications for not a whole lot of extra performance.

Now I'm patiently waiting for a hybrid supercar with a flywheel system ;)

I wonder how many more opportunities they have left for putting the Aventador in another fat suit. Using a capacitor is interesting, certainly Toyota must have found it a dead end for Le Mans, since they dropped the technology a few years back and ironically went for the same system the VAG teams were using.

From driving the TS030 is GTS, the supercapacitor system is highly dependent on tracks with heavy braking zones to recharge. Since it deploys all its charge at once and cannot hold a lot of charge like batteries (in terms of absolute total amount, not specific charge per weight of the system), it's not as flexible in terms of giving boost. On tracks with long straights and mostly high speed corners with no heavy braking zones, it's pretty much useless.

Last edited:
Funny, it's using a lithium ion supercapacitor.

Self discharge is usually of the order of weeks to months, so Toyota must just have had an energy capacity issue (not surprising since they hold 25 times less energy than Li-ion batteries per kg - EDIT: this one's only 5 times less). Its trump card is that the charge / discharge power is ten times (EDIT: this one's only three times) that of any battery, which is excellent for maximising regenerative braking, but works fine at low powers too. Supercaps would work brilliantly coupled with a small battery, but that requires complex control which in racing is typically legislated to the hilt...

The 33 hp power rating given for the Sián is that of the electric motor; you don't add the rate you can fill your fuel tank to your car's power output, do you?
It's also only the power rating when used for acceleration; I'd wager it can be pushed much harder than that for short bursts, e.g. in braking...

Latest Posts

Back