Lamborghini URUS SUV

• Thread starter el fayce
  • 187 comments
I actually think the thing in the OP doesn't look half-bad.

It doesn't, but I detest the idea of the floorpan being a foot off the ground and calling itself a Lamborghini. Lower it, and you've got the return of the Espada. The LM002 was something unique for its day and age. If Lamborghini made a bad-boy box like that again, something in the proverbial style and ability of a Hummer H1, I'd be okay with that.

(I know...insert comments that Lamborghini doesn't need my approval for anything.)

*waits for the day Range Rover start building everyday hatchbacks and Ferrari start building tractors to be in competition with Lamborghini*

I don't think Ferrari will make an SuV down the line. Being all about F1 and sports cars, making an SUV with a prancing horse on it won't make much business sense.

Ferrari putting their engineering in the Maserati SUV is more likely than an outright Ferrari SUV.

That said, it's likely we'll see a zombie Enzo come back and take control of the company if luca does make one.

I like the idea of a Lambo wagon. No wait, scratch that. A Lambo wagon would probably the coolest car ever.

Lower it and... OH MY GOD!!! IT'S A WAGON!!!

I like the idea of a Lambo wagon. No wait, scratch that. A Lambo wagon would probably the coolest car ever.

I also think a Lamborghini estate car would be amazing! Ideally it would have Lamborghini's edgy styling and four proper doors. Then they could drive it to Maranello and show Ferrari what they should've done with the FF. I can already see the potential, and it would fit far better in Lamborghini's current lineup than an SUV.

Rumors of a Lamborghini crossover have been circulating for years, but new details are starting to emerge about the high-anticipated model.
Speaking with Germany's Handelsblatt, CEO Stephan Winkelmann said Lamborghini needs a third model and it will likely be approved for production later this year. He added, "It usually takes 48 months until an all-new vehicle arrives at dealers, so the new Lamborghini would not be available to buy before 2017
Read more: worldcarfans

so are happy haters ?

I also think a Lamborghini estate car would be amazing! Ideally it would have Lamborghini's edgy styling and four proper doors. Then they could drive it to Maranello and show Ferrari what they should've done with the FF. I can already see the potential, and it would fit far better in Lamborghini's current lineup than an SUV.

Take a look at the Espada... It's more of a shooting brake really, but it's probably the closest you'll ever get to a Lambo estate.

I dunno about you guys, but I would much rather have them make the Estoque than make an SUV....Nothing more badass than a big screaming Italian sedan...

I agree, the Estoque is one epic car, but there's a lot off money in the SUV business.

Tradition has to take a backseat to finances eventually.

But with Europe getting on the fleet mileage bandwagon, wouldn't Lamborghini have to make a smaller model to offset the mileage imbalance?

It looks like an X6.

So, Audi are using the Lambo badge to rival it...yet another addition to the pointless list of cars then I guess! Without the Lambo badge anyway.

original.jpg

http://jalopnik.com/5903371/lamborghini-urus-is-the-new-lambo-suv

Oh god, kill it with fire. The LM002 was cool, but this just looks stupid.

Yes it was but the name Jota was used multiple times as well in the Miura, Diablo and the Reventón.

Hmm, judging by that silhouette the back is going to be, unusual, and I'm not sure how it'll look on the car. The shape doesn't look too bad although I agree and think an Estoque would've been better.

Not as bad as I was expecting with this latest rendering (red one), actually pretty cool especially from the back.

The name is awful in my opinion (and I pray nobody inserts an "an" into it). If they can keep this SUV under 120k I would be shocked.

Looks a bit silly. I'm not against it in prinicible, but the body design doesn't suit it's stance. I think I'd take the LM002 over this.

Back