Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione: Hot Lap

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 326 comments
Well, another day, another small improvement. Down to 1'02.544 now. Pretty good for someone that doesn't know their ass from a hole in the ground...uh @Stotty? :lol:

And btw, I have now abandoned @Johnnypenso tune and have started my own experiment with a completely new car, no oil change. Seems to be going quite well I think. :sly: Now, if I could only drive the monster which I have built. :lol:

Tried Teitzy's latest tune, I see how you can get such good exits now, first gear I find is making the difference. Just did only a few laps with ABS using setup, fastest lap was a 1:01.932 but I know I lost a few tenths on that lap so seems it has the potential to fight for top 10 but think it will be hard to do using the controller stick.

Great time with the stick Saidur. I use 1st gear on 3 corners but am going to alter the transmission and shorten 2nd and see if that helps at all.

good set up ,my best 1'01 6 for now ,have one or two tents more with few modification on suspension

Great time mate. Haven't played with the suspension settings at all (taken from Chunkee's original tune) so if you find any 'magic' settings let us know.

Thanks for the tune, improved on my previous with it, oddly I can't get to 287, stuck at 285 @ 88.0%, not that 2 more bhp is going to lift me up that much...

No worries mate. I've managed to run it in a bit after putting in new oil (too many laps :D ) and it's given me a few extra hp.

No worries mate. I've managed to run it in a bit after putting in new oil (too many laps :D ) and it's given me a few extra hp.

Ok, I get it now.

'Another odd thing' (its probably just me), can't get the same 1st gearing as you, won't go low enough???

I've not been using 1st but I will give it a go now!

Ok, I get it now.

'Another odd thing' (its probably just me), can't get the same 1st gearing as you, won't go low enough???

I've not been using 1st but I will give it a go now!

Adjust final gear up or down a bit, then move mph to far left. The gears will keep changing depending on which final gear setting you start with. Then after adjusting the individual ratios, you can move final gear to where you want it.

This has to be the most fun seasonal TT for me so far and has made me re-evaluate my opinion on Tsukuba, I'm currently on 1:01.944 (thanks @Teitzy for the tune, it's perfect) and am determined to get into the .8s, I've been coming out of the 3 slowest corners in 2nd but maybe there's a small amount to gain using 1st.

is there any benefit to +2" custom wheels apart from equal grip on all 4 tyres? in reality the thinner profile means there is less tyre roll which provides more responsiveness in handling, quicker vehicle manoeuvre etc. is this so in GT6?

is there any benefit to +2" custom wheels apart from equal grip on all 4 tyres? in reality the thinner profile means there is less tyre roll which provides more responsiveness in handling, quicker vehicle manoeuvre etc. is this so in GT6?

Personally I found the standard rims a bit slower using my setup, but just might be me.

ok some things i found after experimenting with the car.

engine:
no oil change gives more hp for the pp. as was in gt5, and you cant undo or remove that.(only by driving the car a lot i guess)
if you need more torque overall use the chip but less hp for the pp. as was in gt5
racing exhaust will improve both hp and will shift torque high but again, without it you get more hp for the pp.as was in gt5
same goes for the other tuning's manifold etc.
turbo's do a great job, the high rev one gives better hp/torque for the pp. as in gt5.
in order to benefit from extra torque and less hp for the pp, you need to modify your gearbox and shift accordingly.
if you add ballast, you need the extra torque to be fast, specially in tracks like this one.
when you use the power limiter heavily, you produce a flat hp response at a bigger rev span, sometimes beneficial.but in order to keep the line flat in higher revs, torque drops too.

weight reduction will give more hp for a given weight when re adding ballast.same in gt5

wheels-aero:
big rims are a bit faster, seems the car handles better specially with loose suspension .new in gt6
aero don't know, didn't play with that yet, but I guess its like gt5.(better grip less top speed)

suspension:
high nose, low tail is fast.same in gt5 pre patch.
super loose shock and spring settings are fast.same in gt5
something weird that i noticed: i kept changing shock and spring settings, and didn't see or feel much of a difference.(with the pimp ride as a standard).was it me being drunk? or is something loose in there?Anyway that's new to gt6.

transmission/lsd :
higher accel numbers, seem faster than what was in gt5

moving ballast, and torque ratio towards the back seems to be faster, provided that you can handle it.

all these things probably you all know, probably better than me, the question is: where is the new and improved physics model PD was and probably is still boasting about?

these are some humble findings, no expert tuning advice, please correct me if I'm wrong, and feel free to comment and add your own findings.

ps. eclipsee is giving yinato a hard time at an amazing .002 !!! WOW Ramon!!!

Last edited:
Been away from the game for a couple of days and decided to try Teitzy's tune as I seemed stuck where I was before.

Well, after about 6 laps I have improved from 1:03.357 down to 1:03.088. And as they say, 'I think there is a bit more to find yet.'

Thanks for that Teitzy.

update..... 1:02.996 ...Doesn't matter as long as it's in the 1:02's.

Last edited:
Been away from the game for a couple of days and decided to try Teitzy's tune as I seemed stuck where I was before.

Well, after about 6 laps I have improved from 1:03.357 down to 1:03.088. And as they say, 'I think there is a bit more to find yet.'

Thanks for that Teitzy.

update..... 1:02.996 ...Doesn't matter as long as it's in the 1:02's.

Nice work Dalone.

I am at 102.103 at the moment, but 101.9xx beckons. Have found ABS 4-6 to be a 1/10 faster than ABS 1 for some reason.

----------
Nice work Dalone.

I am at 102.103 at the moment, but 101.9xx beckons. Have found ABS 4-6 to be a 1/10 faster than ABS 1 for some reason.

Have made another small reduction, now on 1:02.791, that's half a second tonight. :)

And thanks for posting the heads up about the ABS, I'll try it next time I fire up, as will many others I'll bet.

It's a bit hot down your way Teitzy whereas up here we have another cyclone forming. Gotta love OZ!

Yeah next 4 days are 43, 42, 44, 44!!!

Now 102.073 - the last right hand sweeper is my nemesis at the moment :banghead:

Have a new 'looser' tune that is slightly quicker through the middle sections. Will post tomorrow. Time for bed now.

Another session and improved to a 1'01.565 for 15th... just a 0.02 and one spot behind Saidur :D

This really is great little combo even with SRF 👍

Congrats to my old friend Ramon on taking back top spot... please can you tell me how to do the final hairpin as fast as you!!

Last edited:
Thank you Chris 👍

I'm very bad explaining things but I'll try.

Go very close to the left side, you should begin to turn to the right and brake slightly at the limit of the shadow, downshift to 4th keeping always a bit of gas, as soon as you are aproaching to the apex on the right, release the brakes and press full throttle, you need to go really close to the apex (that's important for a good exit), maybe with a 70 or 80% of gas will help to go near there if you can't at full throttle, at 6900 ~ 7000 rpm's upshift to 5th.

BTW, I installed bigger rims but I didn't notice any difference.

Last edited:
Congrats on your times Ramon and Yinato. 👍 Your talents are just something special! I'll try again tomorrow to see if I can get a 1'01.3, but overall, I'm pretty happy with my lap.

Thank you Chris 👍

I'm very bad explaining things but I'll try.

Go very close to the left side, you should begin to turn to the right and brake slightly at the limit of the shadow, downshift to 4th keeping always a bit of gas, as soon as you are aproaching to the apex on the right, release the brakes and press full throttle, you need to go really close to the apex (that's important for a good exit), maybe with a 70 or 80% of gas will help to go near there if you can't at full throttle, at 6900 ~ 7000 rpm's upshift to 5th.

BTW, I installed bigger rims but I didn't notice any difference.

Congrats to you and Yinato for the 1-2, and really thanks for your advice, this last turn has been a miss and hit thing for me, I can now understand what I was doing wrong. I'l try doing it again your way. I'll have to play with the gearbox for that. Pity I cant download your ghost, usually by watching replays i can figure out gearbox setups among other things and see how I compare with the top guys. Anyway, i'll try to imagine the whole thing! Thanks again!
Oh and you are not bad explaining things, the opposite is the case!

The rims maybe helped my setup at a point, but I changed so many different things I can't remember. I have stuck at 2.11x doing consistent laps at around 2.2xx.

Edit: downloading 1.03 patch now, hope they fixed the crash thing!!

Edit2: Server Maintenance!! Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiitttt!!!

Latest Posts

Back