Lancia Delta HF Integrale Evoluzione: Hot Lap

• Thread starter jtqmopar
  • 326 comments
So far the biggest help for me has been changing from 35/65 to 40/60 . Most other changes are good in some places worse in others. Oh yea and Beebee's trans, bit modified. at 1:02.244....Iliasdc ! Stop doing better times!

With update, you can now download ghosts from top players :-) .

Yes they fixed that. They also fixed the tuning interface. Now you can see pp's etc change as you tune.it still needs more changes though...it still feels floppy and tricky (specially the gearbox) and it would be nice to see actual top speed and kg/hp among other useful data for a tuner instead of car dimensions for example.
Oh and they should bring back the copy function between a b c setups as well. Its a pain to make minor changes or experiment like it is ATM.

BTW I gave up trying to break into the 01.xxx league, staying out by .012 . I guess i would get there, but got really tired trying all sorts of different setups.

Congrats for all who tried their best, hope PD will keep giving us TT's like this one, where fun and competition brings people closer.

.001 between Ramon and Bannami... nice tight battle to the end it seems 👍 I noticed from the replays that one of them uses a wing and one does it without! no difference adding it as far as I can see from the times? will try it tonight after work anyway and the rims too... nothing like clutching at straws haha :P

Amazing!!! .231 .242 .256 (Ramon Bannami Yinato ) that's what precision and talent are all about!
Good luck Ron you're just under 2 tenths away..

I couldn't resist the challenge and dropped my time 2 tenths, very happy at 01.802. Now i'll have to go explain what that smile on my face is all about, and what kept me away from dinner with the misses:D

Yes they fixed that. They also fixed the tuning interface. Now you can see pp's etc change as you tune.it still needs more changes though...it still feels floppy and tricky (specially the gearbox) and it would be nice to see actual top speed and kg/hp among other useful data for a tuner instead of car dimensions for example.
Oh and they should bring back the copy function between a b c setups as well. Its a pain to make minor changes or experiment like it is ATM.
.[/quote

Yes, I was also disappointed to find you can't 'copy' your A tune to the B or C slot etc. And having to fiddle with 'power' 'weight' etc constantly just to see what PP you are at was annoying in the least.

The GT5 tuning section worked well in my opinion and didn't need changing. I at least don't see any improvement at all from GT5, in fact it's the opposite.
Of course being able to add or remove weight stages etc is convenient.

.001 between Ramon and Bannami... nice tight battle to the end it seems 👍 I noticed from the replays that one of them uses a wing and one does it without! no difference adding it as far as I can see from the times?

Finally Bsnnami won by .003!!! both he and Ramon dropped to .214 and .217 respectively. Amazing times, I guess that's what could be called a tie reaching the limit.

i had a look at both replays, both used the wing, I guess it makes a slight difference after all.
I guess they both had a light configuration (little ballast) so maybe that's where the wing helped Also maybe Bannami had more hp less torque, with slightly different gearbox tuning, Bannami shifting a little higher than Ramon.
Anyway Amazing!

BTW 3 new TT's are out: Scirocco R at Deep Forest, KTM X-Bow Street at Eiger, and Acura NSX at Ascari. Lets see which one the competition will choose!

Last edited:
Finally Bsnnami won by .003!!! both he and Ramon dropped to .214 and .217 respectively. Amazing times, I guess that's what could be called a tie reaching the limit.
There was still most likely time to make to get under 1:01 though so not reallly reaching the limit. I used Ramon's ghost for the first time and it was interesting to see where there was still a lot of time to be gained, I think both hairpins there was potentially 2 tenths there so he is probably annoyed not to have won this with quite a bit of pace in hand.

My problem in the end became last corner and time left to improve, even though I could could be slightly behind, level or ahead of Ramon going into last corner, I always seemed to mess it up when it mattered although I didn't spend that long on this TT which seemed costly in the end. I'm annoyed with myself for not attempting this TT more as even though half a sleep :lol:, I think I managed to do all the corners as quick or faster than the fastest times, so I think it would have been possible to fight for top spot which would have been fun. Oh well, anyway congratulations to all who achieved their targets 👍.

I also really enjoyed this one, but wasn't paying attention to the deadline and didn't realise it ended last night :dunce:

1st Seasonal in GT6 I've done anything other than run with the pad until I gold it then move on.

Congrats to Bannami and Ramon... very close battle 👍

Of course it's easy for you, you don't have 20 blue lines completely obscuring the road ahead, especially the corners, ha ha.
Anyway, congrat's on a good lap.

Of course it's easy for you, you don't have 20 blue lines completely obscuring the road ahead, especially the corners, ha ha.
Anyway, congrat's on a good lap.
Haha ...finally something good comes of me not adding people ...only 3 lines :) . They must fix that.

Oops never realized it ended last night either :banghead: I ended up staying back after work and having a few :cheers:

Anyway congrats to the winners and on to the next 👍

Great time you got Ron... 8th 👍

I can't do anything but congratulate B4NN4Mi, bravo. 👍

Congratulations to everyone who put their very last effort there too.
There was still most likely time to make to get under 1:01 though so not reallly reaching the limit. I used Ramon's ghost for the first time and it was interesting to see where there was still a lot of time to be gained, I think both hairpins there was potentially 2 tenths there so he is probably annoyed not to have won this with quite a bit of pace in hand.

My problem in the end became last corner and time left to improve, even though I could could be slightly behind, level or ahead of Ramon going into last corner, I always seemed to mess it up when it mattered although I didn't spend that long on this TT which seemed costly in the end. I'm annoyed with myself for not attempting this TT more as even though half a sleep :lol:, I think I managed to do all the corners as quick or faster than the fastest times, so I think it would have been possible to fight for top spot which would have been fun. Oh well, anyway congratulations to all who achieved their targets 👍.

So, you did finish almost half second far from a sub 1:01, in this short track with so few curves, half second is like the milky way in distance, every tenth in this track counts as a whole world when near the limit, I know every thick of this track like my hand, my car setup was good enough for a 1:01.1xx, but I couldn't string my best sectors together, depending on the car setup you can gain a tenth in a curve but lose it on the back straight.

I'm not annoyed to not have won this TT, B4NNAMi beat me fair and square, what really annoys me is this kind of elitist senteces:
Saidur_Ali
I'm annoyed with myself for not attempting this TT more as even though half a sleep :lol:
It's so easy to speak ... :rolleyes:

Yeah I'm also not seeing how someone like Ramon could possibly find another two tenths on such a small track. His lap looks nearly perfect to me. A few small fixes could've put him at a .1 at most.

I can't do anything but congratulate B4NN4Mi, bravo. 👍

Congratulations to everyone who put their very last effort there too.

So, you did finish almost half second far from a sub 1:01, in this short track with so few curves, half second is like the milky way in distance, every tenth in this track counts as a whole world when near the limit, I know every thick of this track like my hand, my car setup was good enough for a 1:01.1xx, but I couldn't string my best sectors together, depending on the car setup you can gain a tenth in a curve but lose it on the back straight.

I'm not annoyed to not have won this TT, B4NNAMi beat me fair and square, what really annoys me is this kind of elitist senteces:

It's so easy to speak ... :rolleyes:
I have been using some ideas I learnt from GT6's SRF driving tests, lowest / lower gears with partial throttle helps get some magic lap time. I managed to gain a tenth through the last hairpin on your ghost through there, partial throttle in first, then quick upshift into second, one of the reasons why I could finish close to your time even if I messed up first sector and a bit and being sometimes a tenth or more down. Speaking of your first sector, my best sector time was 0.001 off your ghost, I think I usually lose out most of it when starting the lap due to scrubbing too much speed off. Say if I'm a tenth behind though I can close right up on your ghost in first hairpin, I sometimes used 1st gear depending on how exit line was looking, also the fast right left, I downshifted to 3rd, hit the apex really well and quick upshift to 4th seemed to help close down on your ghost when I was behind enough to judge ghost speed better.

I did go back to old setup tweaks in the end that suited me when I tried no ABS, rear toe +0.30 and rear braking sensitivity to 25 which seemed to help me able to get good lap times out of car consistently as it just worked for me the way I drive. I would be interested to see how you might find them tweaks and different approach I used? My downfall seemed to be the last corner most of the time in the end, I found the way Chris did last corner a bit mind-boggling fast which helped sometimes when I tried to do the same approach of carrying a lot of speed in and sometimes it backfired big time on me :lol:, I think that is last part required to nail to get under 1:01. SRF makes a lot possible.

Only reason why I thought you might have been annoyed is due to getting so close a good few days before TT ended: Link to post

It was a genuine statement, I was half a sleep, maybe works better for me as I might have been driving more subconsciously. I was going to actually quit quite quickly after trying TT for the first time in a couple of days or so because it felt like I would be way off the pace but when my first proper flying lap was less than half a tenth of beating my fastest time set so far, I thought I would stay up and at least beat it. Problem was though there wasn't much time left until closing which is my fault, it is easy to speak yes but it is the truth. I think though the most elitist comments I have made is when I want the events in the game to be as hard as the PS1 and PS2 generation of GT games and also to stop forcing on skid recovery on some game events and also not to allow it as an option on so many TTs. The other times is for banter purposes ;).

Finally I have to say you are a great driver, tuner and humble and I have a lot of respect for you 👍.

The Lancia Delta is one of the finest cars ever made as well as one of the finest rally cars. Unfortunately, it's fairly ugly (like almost any Lancia that isn't the Monte Carlo or the Stratos). The Delta gets up to speed pretty well and handles Tsukuba quite well with its 4WD drivetrain. Tsukuba hasn't been one of my better tracks. I could mostly manage Silver here in this Seasonal. As with most of my cars in these Seasonals, I have them mostly stock. Haven't spent any money towards upgrading almost any of my cars.

@Saidur, "half a sleep", "driving subconsciously" ... you're bringing racing techniques to an unknown level! :D , I don't think any real life racing team would hire you if you tell them that ;) , stay awake and with your reflexes as sharp as a ninja, this will make you faster, other than that are fairy tales.

About the lost tenths (another title for a book), why do you insist in comparing car ghosts when we used different car settings? yours or mine can go faster or slower when braking, accelerating, taking a curve, etc. depending on the car settings, power, weight, gearbox, suspension, aero, there are a lot of things to tweak, what really counts is when you stop the stopwatch, not a given curve or a given sector, what's important is the final time you get, to achieve a good time, you need a balanced setup and usually you need to sacrifice one or more curves, you can't take them all perfectly due to your car settings and the different nature of the curves, it's impossible to satisfy every curve, in a track there are hairpins, long swepers, chicanes, s-curves, etc., don't expect your car will eat all of them as a frugal breakfast.

BTW, respect is mutual.

The Lancia Delta is one of the finest cars ever made as well as one of the finest rally cars. Unfortunately, it's fairly ugly (like almost any Lancia that isn't the Monte Carlo or the Stratos). The Delta gets up to speed pretty well and handles Tsukuba quite well with its 4WD drivetrain. Tsukuba hasn't been one of my better tracks. I could mostly manage Silver here in this Seasonal. As with most of my cars in these Seasonals, I have them mostly stock. Haven't spent any money towards upgrading almost any of my cars.

I share your thoughts about the Delta. But I think it looks nice. Must be some kind of square fetish I have ;)
Was quite impress with the gentleman that parked a Delta outside my workplace in the spring last year.
Espcecially when you consider the tax we have in Norway..
IMG_0190.JPG

I share your thoughts about the Delta. But I think it looks nice. Must be some kind of square fetish I have ;)
Was quite impress with the gentleman that parked a Delta outside my workplace in the spring last year.
Espcecially when you consider the tax we have in Norway..
View attachment 102210

it was a beautiful car for the time, the build quality wasn't top, especially the electrics-electronics had a character of their own!!(once it would refuse to start for almost a week-then just fine-after a year or so we found a faulty earth connection at the cpu), interior was a little fragile, but handling, power and its looks where super. I had to change 2 turbos and a gearbox in the 10 years we spent together, a small bill for the punishment the poor car received from me.

@Saidur, "half a sleep", "driving subconsciously" ... you're bringing racing techniques to an unknown level! :D , I don't think any real life racing team would hire you if you tell them that ;) , stay awake and with your reflexes as sharp as a ninja, this will make you faster, other than that are fairy tales.

Have to agree with Saidur on this. I have found a number of times that if I have something on my mind which absorbs my attention during a race, or part thereof, I sometimes do better in the race. I put that down to my subconscious doing the driving while my conscious is dealing with whatever is in my thoughts. Unfortunately I have not been able to do it at will, so remain my usual driving self most of the time.
When I say my subconscious doing the driving I guess it may take care of any conscious mistakes I could make, '****, better slow down here', bugga, I'll try and go faster 'round this corner', 'getting a bit nervous I'm so far ahead of my ghost', etc etc.
Anyway that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Back