Land Rover Unveils the New Tech-Laden Range Rover Evoque SUV

As car companies are aiming for corporate faces, Land Rover has taken it to the next level. All their stuff looks great but they all look exactly the same. Hell, the new Discovery doesn't even look like an SUV it's so smooth and sleek. There's very little about them that relates to their ancestry and I'm not a huge fan of that.

The Range Rover Evoque has always been the pick of the Land Rover lineup for me, I still think the new model is one of the best looking cars in its class. 👍

The Range Rover Evoque has always been the pick of the Land Rover lineup for me, I still think the new model is one of the best looking cars in its class. 👍
I completely agree, although my eyes arent taking to this one as easily as they did the first generation. Not sure why.

the back has lost the first gen vibe. It looked way more technical, kinda cyborg esque and more rugged. This looks more refined but not as... iconic...if the term is even fit for such vehicle. The interior is seriously nice.

Last edited:
Speaking of the corporate look the Discovery has the worst rear of the current bunch imo, it's far too flat and vertical like it's been bashed in. I appreciate the ode to the spare tyre offset numberplate but it made it look even more questionable.

The new Evoke has a similar thing going on, an abrupt vertical ending to the car. I think it's a bit too severe stylistically. The rest is good though.

As car companies are aiming for corporate faces, Land Rover has taken it to the next level. All their stuff looks great but they all look exactly the same. Hell, the new Discovery doesn't even look like an SUV it's so smooth and sleek. There's very little about them that relates to their ancestry and I'm not a huge fan of that.

Mercedes also has a tendancy to use the photocopier.

I agree, loosing some of the boxy ruggedness has taken something away from LR. They still look excellent but are going for a much softer, almost feminine design language to bring it to a more gender neutral image, they even have Ellie Goulding flogging the Velar. It's a fashion brand, not an offroad brand now.

Last edited:
Speaking of the corporate look the Discovery has the worst rear of the current bunch imo, it's far too flat and vertical like it's been bashed in. I appreciate the ode to the spare tyre offset numberplate but it made it look even more questionable.

The new Evoke has a similar thing going on, an abrupt vertical ending to the car. I think it's a bit too severe stylistically. The rest is good though.

Mercedes also has a tendancy to use the photocopier.

I agree, loosing some of the boxy ruggedness has taken something away from LR. They still look excellent but are going for a much softer, almost feminine design language to bring it to a more gender neutral image, they even have Ellie Goulding flogging the Velar. It's a fashion brand, not an offroad brand now.

The Discovery is also offered in Sport version, wich is way less vertical...imho, while its clearly not a stunner, the nonSport Discovery looks very cool, tons of sunlight coming throught those panoramic windows all around...

About what is called family feeling, its basically needed to sell the products, the face of the car itself promotes the brand when you see one driving around, and companies just cant afford different looks around the lineup, its too risky. Is better to find a common theme and every now and then having an halo car that might go out of the boundaries with a different look.

It's a fashion brand, not an offroad brand now.
That's fine for Range in my opinion, but Landies need to be tough and look it. It works great for Toyota and Jeep, and I guarantee it will soon work great for the Bronco. It just seems sensible to me for one to be the urban luxury brand while the other can be the *tough* luxury brand, a la the Ram Longhorn or F-150 King Ranch with their saddle leathers and earthy themes. The current Discovery just looks like a big orange minivan and who the hell wants an orange minivan?

I think it looks better than the original but it's still a chubby thing. I never loved the Evoque, though, and I'm not exactly the target market.

Not a fan of any landrover with the current design style, Boxy is what you want for an SUV, but tbh this just looks like a facelift.

Back