Lap time with ps4 pro are faster than ps4 standard?

• Thread starter dinno
  • 105 comments
Proof please. Gonna need some evidence that any of this is true. All you're gonna get is upscaled graphics and no increase in speed of the game.

Last edited:
I don't think my heart could cope with Sport Mode and stimulants though :lol:

:lol:

We're way off topic, anyway ... I've read your thread and know how thrilling sport mode is for you. So maybe mince tea is great for you :lol:.

but would need to spend at least 30 mins telling everyone you meet all about that .7 .8

To be honest, I'd like to know more about that .7 .8 :odd: ...

Could be, if the ps4 peasant version can't hold steady 60fps at all times during the race.

Codemaster F1 games have been dealing with this problem for ages for instance. In F12012 (on PC), the faster the framerate the faster times you were able to score due to engine characteristics. So PC users that run the game at 60fps or less could not compete against people with more FPS.

The experience in many games may change depending the FPS and the particularities of the engine they're using.

Maybe GTSport suffers from same issue. Why not.

:guilty: well it was fun for a while

can I presume Joe meant mint.

Back in the day when I played counterstrike on PC, it was all about PC performance and Ping, so it's not a bizarre thread.

I would expect Sony to have a pretty good grip on keeping the PS4/Pro on equal par in a racing game.

Yeh mince smoothie is preferable over mince tea

Here is a quote about the playstation requirement for multiplayer games:

upload_2018-2-20_13-51-59.png

I'm a bit torn at whether to think this is true or not, but on PC when changing graphics settings affecting FPS, it does make a difference. For eg Project CARS 2 with max settings could probably get me ~45fps but turning off certain post processing and lowering some visuals a tad gets me up to ~75fps (Freesync range, v-sync disabled), while driving it makes a big difference.

I'm a bit torn at whether to think this is true or not, but on PC when changing graphics settings affecting FPS, it does make a difference. For eg Project CARS 2 with max settings could probably get me ~45fps but turning off certain post processing and lowering some visuals a tad gets me up to ~75fps (Freesync range, v-sync disabled), while driving it makes a big difference.

A difference in laptimes ? And how much ?

Bill Gates/SMS haven't got a company policy to maintain the same multiplayer experience across different hardware.

In GTS the only way to find out, is for someone to drive around a track on both PS4 and PS4 Pro while capturing framerate figures. Probably against AI to try to make it comparable.

EDIT : Someone has already done it - albeit on the Beta, it seems the frame drop happens when grinding along the wall, so advise is don't grind along the wall on PS4 as it will make you slower your frames per second drop

Last edited:
@BSDShoes We should add the fact that PS4 Pro runs better in terms of internet connection.There are speed tests videos all around the Youtube.
Now if better internet means faster laps,then PS4 Pro should be able to give a small advantage compared to PS4 standart.

@BSDShoes We should add the fact that PS4 Pro runs better in terms of internet connection.There are speed tests videos all around the Youtube.
Now if better internet means faster laps,then PS4 Pro should be able to give a small advantage compared to PS4 standart.
That makes no sense, many races I've been in had top 3-5 drivers with 1 bar connection.

A difference in laptimes ? And how much ?
I don't remember off hand.

That makes no sense, many races I've been in had top 3-5 drivers with 1 bar connection.

It actually make sense if you compare the same driver/connection using a PS standard vs a PS pro.
Laggers will always lag and that has nothing to do with their finishing position.They could end up 1st or last.I've seen both happening.Their final position could be a result of many different things.Example:their lagging made them "imposible" to pass.Or they finished dead last because they did not have the pace to do better against the rest of the lobby -again an example-.Or their bad connection slow them down.

I think I read that the PS4 Pro has a better wifi then PS4 but that is only to YOUR router, after that its the quality of your router and your ISP and other internet traffic in the world between ISP and the game server.

It like having a thread about which ISP makes you drive faster.

All of the above can be forgotten when it's just you your car and the track while qualifying.

Only aliens would notice a momentary 5 frames per second drop, and they don't tend to smash in to walls.
It would be nice to see the same test done on the released game and also compare the guys running in 4K as that is meant to have frame drops, so PS4 slim is faster than PS4 Pro in 4k, but PS4 slim is slower than PS4 Pro in 1080p if the user selected performance over quality.

drop at 40 fps not 54
Where have you seen this? I cannot find anything on google showing more than a few fps when the screen is full of cars.

I would highly doubt that qualifying is any different between the two consoles.

If the fps is dropping in order to maintain driver inputs and game physics, then fps doesn't really matter. However, if driver inputs and game physics were being dulled in order to maintain fps, then that would be a benefit to the slower console?

Where have you seen this? I cannot find anything on google showing more than a few fps when the screen is full of cars.

I would highly doubt that qualifying is any different between the two consoles.

If the fps is dropping in order to maintain driver inputs and game physics, then fps doesn't really matter. However, if driver inputs and game physics were being dulled in order to maintain fps, then that would be a benefit to the slower console?
search on Google comparison gt sport ps4 vs ps4 pro Digital Foundry

Back