Lap Times - Nurburgring

• Thread starter tuff240
  • 212 comments
-Stormryder-
You mean you didnt beat my time yet?

You've got that 6'48 thing on the brain again, eh? I'm ignoring that. It ain't pro mode. :)

Besides, your pro mode time is essentially my time, what, with all of our 0.015 second difference and stuff. I'm still able to lead your ghost for the majority of the track up two two seconds at times even while hitting barriers and uprooting grass (testament to my having stuck with pro mode). It's only a matter of time before I snuff old Casper out and superimpose "new lap record" on his corpse.

One thing I notice while racing your ghost is your technique for certain parts of the track is seriously under-optimized. I steal the lead from you every time going into the first corner. It isn't uncommon for me to leave you at least one second behind by the 1'16 checkpoint (I'm routinely hitting mid 1'15s now). Also I seem to take corners a lot faster than you. On the other hand, you are quite fast in the latter half of the track. Remarkably so.

Maybe it's that one replay, but I'd be interested to see your ghost if you manage to better your own time.

If anyone is setting an untouchable pro mode record, it'll be me.

Uncreated

Thanks for the uplifting words... hell at least I dont have my ass riding up trees like you do...

Now this "under-optimized" bull**** your speaking of is what? Really what part of it is under-optimized? I wouldnt call it under-optimized if it's different. If I'm beating you by.0015 seconds, then I'm doing something right.

Then again.. I'm on an RM bike which in my case is slower for my "technique."

I never said anything about the 6'48 time, I was reffering to the 6'52 pro-mode time, but oh wait nevermind... there you go with the rediculously arrogant bipity bop stuff again.

Yeah, of course I did a 1'16 at the second checkpoint... hell I messed up and didnt do my usual 1'14 - 1'15 time. But oh well.

I definately screwed up on the first corner, thats a given. But guess what... I still beat you.

Everytime I want to do a lap, I do a lap until I crash... if I dont then I keep on going and see what I can do. So that was just what I coughed up, and it's not pretty... but it did get the job done.

-Stormryder-
Now this "under-optimized" bull**** your speaking of is what? Really what part of it is under-optimized? I wouldnt call it under-optimized if it's different. If I'm beating you by.0015 seconds, then I'm doing something right.

Or perhaps I'm doing something wrong, like taking final turns in first gear or worse -- stopping to mow a lawn or two, maybe nearly dumping a bike and losing a second trying to keep it from gonig down. But that's besides the point. We've got ourselves some pregnant competition going on here, and I recognize your merit as not just competition but good competition. Anything I say, despite the odd misinterpretations, was meant to help rather than hinder.

I'd rather we joust using REPLAY.DATs rather than this empty chit-chat. What say you?

Uncreated

just got 7:24 (could have been .21 not sure) do you win power upgrades or any sort of upgrades for your bikes when you win races? cos i cannot alter my brake balance...

Xaid0n

[OSR] Xaid0n
just got 7:24 (could have been .21 not sure) do you win power upgrades or any sort of upgrades for your bikes when you win races? cos i cannot alter my brake balance...

Being able to do that calls for a few things. First, you should be in Tourist Trophy mode. You also need to play in pro controller mode where the separate brakes are an option.

Upgrades aren't won; the bikes come as they are and depending on the type (whether race modified or street), you are able to configure certain aspects while on other types the same option might be disabled. Poke around and you'll figure it out.

Uncreated

New time so far is 6'47.679

Not extremely well done though, mismatched a corner, misjudged braking points, clipped a curb. I guess overall it's nice, but with what I am able to do a 6'45 and maybe lower is possible.

Ok, I've had it with this damn course!🤬:banghead:
I know I could be pulling close to 6'50 if I could actually complete a lap without getting thrown off the track by one of those #@&*% speed bumps. If I don't crash on one of those first three jumps, guaranteed I will at the end of the backstretch.

It's a shame because it is the best course in the game but PD had to go and ruin it by filling it with one foot tall speed bumps.:grumpy:

...Oh, and excellent time Storm!!:D:bowdown:

If your using the analogy that I think your using, then you'd say something like "The ball is back in -SR-'s court."

It means that I have possesion of the ball... or in this case the track time.

Am I wrong...? :scared:

-Stormryder-
It means that I have possesion of the ball... or in this case the track time.

No, it means you and I each have our own respective records in our respective classes; myself in pro and you in semi. We therefore have each other's records to beat. I'm aware you don't draw distinctions between pro and semi, so your opinion will naturally differ. :sly:

Uncreated

hi all, my best lap on nürburgring was a 7.20,49 with a Kawasaki Z1000 RM on medium tyres, pro setting, Failure conditions on

are you riding with standard(TC on,auto lay down),semi-pro(TC on, manual lay down) or pro(Traction control off,manual lay down)setting in the controller menu?

When i got the game, i had standard setting on. the opponents where so easy to beat, it takes only 8 days to get 100 percent in the game . i thought it will be more difficult.I was disapointed, then i found this pro setting in the controller menu, yeah thats challenge;)

tthans
or pro (Traction control off,manual lay down)setting in the controller menu?

Welcome.

I play in pro controller setting, manual transmission and failure conditions off.

7'20 is a great first effort. My first offering was a 7'41.

Uncreated

tz250 - 7'03.3. deffently a sub 7 in this one because i lost at least 1-2 seconds at the start of the lap because i turned in too soon on the corner right before the first jump and slid through the grass instead of making the jump ...

just got a 7:06, i see how to get in to the 6 minute range but there are about six sections where i feel i could bin, so luck would come in a little bit.
How have you guys adjusted your suspension for this track? Do you set really soft and put your front preload one click higher than rear?
my spring rate is in the medium range and my comp and rebound are set in the middle also. any advice?

Well, probably more than 300 laps I'd say. I was gonna wait till I got the video, but 3 days ago I hit 6'52.660. I have more room to cut down the time aswell. Anyhow, the video isnt valid, as the grooves in the track made me veer off like half an inch off the track for about .2 seconds. Oh well, I'll try again tommorow.

Can you post a vid anyway?

VFR400R RM/NTSC/fc off/manual/pro controller mode/TT mode

t1 - 47.130
t2 - 1'23.531
t3 - 1'53.562
t4 - 2'47.447
t5 - 3'28.011
t6 - 3'56.184
t7 - 4'48.891
t8 - 5'34.696
t9 - 5'58.387
t10 - 6'44.434 (for a bike capable over 200mph, isnt that close to a sub 7 mark? shame im only hitting 161mph)
t11 - 7'09.239
f - 7'33.675

yes, 100% clean :)

With a totattly standard 999R with race tyres on simulation I can get a 7:16:)

I don't like using the RM machines

Back