Large day one patch!

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 497 comments
This question can be seen in two ways @eSZee, the way @bodger has worded along with the @Lawndart has. Bodger is asking what the patch will bring and not what has changed. For argument sack the people whom are sharing could come to this thread and give the best insight on what GT6 has affording so far on something more in-depth besides arcade. So when the patch does come out the change will be noticeable not speculated because of improper research. IF done correctly the learning curve for some wouldn't be as long.

Don't get me wrong their threads are sharing a lot though there will be a thread needed for them all to come and share what they've found, ONE place instead of being split into different threads. Something along this line I believe will be good.
Exactly. The intention for this thread is to discus the delta from 1.0 (we are all witnessing now) to the patch. But until the patch comes out, its pure speculation.

My audio comment is a big hope, unique some sounds may be, nearly all are various degrees of lousy. The sound system needs samples for each gear change, not stretching out a single sound file. Its a LOT of work, and why I doubt it will be done but man, I sure hope it will.

The one things that get to me is that most of the research is done on seeing if the cars can reach 1000+ horse power some have shown it can be done.Though they failed to give how and what was done.

Last edited:
It's like the blind leading the blind here. I really doubt we will get much new content. Yes, maybe the Vision car, and maybe the track editor. But I still have a feeling it will be mostly fixes.

I agree with you on not being a lot of new content coming with the day one patch. But for the people that are getting a true feel they can give their insight here so later on we can give our comparison and insight.

Four months after GT5 came out, I got fed up with no leaderboards and bought an Xbox and Forza 3.

When MS decided to force people to buy new steering wheels for Xbox 1, I fired up GT5 again for the first time in almost 3 years. I got 11 updates at the same time. The game has changed, a lot. I really like it now. I downloaded the free cars, bought the Route X Speed Test and another car to make it $5. I like GT5 so much that I'm fine with going with GT6 and no FM5. And I'm 61 years old so it's not like I can't afford a new wheel.

So could Kaz improve the game as much as he did without the feedback, and sell a finished game without chance of update? I don't think it would be as good a game. Plus don't all new games have bugs that need to be fixed?

Ok, so the threads have been merged. Problem is, title of the thread is wrong. The patch is stated as being "fairly large".

Also, my thread came first, and it had a poll which quite a lot of people had voted on. That's now gone...

So could Kaz improve the game as much as he did without the feedback, and sell a finished game without chance of update? I don't think it would be as good a game. Plus don't all new games have bugs that need to be fixed?

Pretty much, but I can't remember the last time I had a game come with a 1GB patch. Seen plenty of day one patches, though.

Aaaaaahhhhh patches

hid5.jpg

And missing 1.05 through 1.10... that's another 1.3 gig!

Last edited:
Aaaaaahhhhh patches

hid5.jpg

And missing 1.05 through 1.10... that's another 1.3 gig!
Hmm, 1.01 shows as only 64mb - I always thought it was 120mb+ Even more reason to suspect that the Gt6 day one patch will be, as they say round these parts, a tiddler.

Size isn't always directly proportional to feature inclusions/improvements, but obviously, the bigger the patch the more likely things like actual game assets have been changed/included (models/textures/sounds etc)

Hmm, 1.01 shows as only 64mb - I always thought it was 120mb+ Even more reason to suspect that the Gt6 day one patch will be, as they say round these parts, a tiddler.

Size isn't always directly proportional to feature inclusions/improvements, but obviously, the bigger the patch the more likely things like actual game assets have been changed/included (models/textures/sounds etc)

Different game, different time.

You'd need to have a report function for it and also people who check them.
It would get silly. That's why it's not going to happen.

They may end up doing something that lets you put some pre canned decals on, block paint body panels and stripes etc. but upload your own images and free form painting? Never in a million years.

That's 1.11 at 64mB. The first patch was 1.05 which is 600mB.

Here's a list of all the patches

cprx.jpg

Day One Patch is a precursor to something else that Kaz may have hinted. Anyway I am intrigued as launch day looms and all the gamers with early access to the game have me stoked because of a great many differences in things form GT official site and changes made to cover up things. One thing to think about Kaz's relationship with Porsche...I'm sure the EA license keeps the name as well as the vehicles out of other games but I am intrigued as to why that story came out when it did. Oh well I am not the biggest fan of ol Stuggart, but hey new is new. I wonder what unlisted autos are in the game hidden from prying eyes, I have a feeling there are some that definitely were not mentioned. Great to wonder about things, but that patch could be at least 1GB in size unlocking the online component and setting up some other to be revealed DLC or add ons to the game itself. Either way the main game with all those cars and tracks await my grubby mitts to buy, tune and drive all over the virtual GT6 and online world.
I hope that they also make tires part of PP calculations, this will definitely make things interesting, do you go for a quick light car or a heavier powerful car...depends on the course and your mood :D:D:D.

As always, it's open to speculation as to what is coming.

A 12 month programme of patches because there are parts of GT they haven't touched on yet!

Livery editor?
Damage modelling?
Standards to premium?
Sounds?
Leader boards?
Customisation?

The list is endless, assuming these dont make the vanilla version.

Gonna be some fun guessing games and maybe disappointment/surprise in those 12 months.

Thing is with patches, some brake as well as fix things in my dealings with them.

Not sure ill be playing in 12 months to see the finished version.

They could always delay it and send out a more polished version though eh!!!

Timetrial leader board in GT5 erked me i wanted a large leader board so i could see the best of each car and be able to delete individual times that were no longer relevent

Just that they stopped making that model in 2011 and PD have it as a 2013 model is all I think.

Look at the headlights. Small difference in design.
Maybe a difference in handling?
One is GT6 car ('13), the other the GT5 car...
Hmmm, thoughts.
Someone will test it out one day. I'am sure of it.

Edit: googled the images. It's small changes in design. Exhaust is also different.

We call this the "vocal minority" and we are aware they represent many of the unspoken majority.

The top 3-5 nosy items are always considered as we know its an interest factor x1000.

But PD? They beat to their own drum and this is because they aren't gamers, so they follow and old school mantra that's more like; "if we like it so will everyone else..." This is how the entire industry was up to the late 90's... And it's well observed the Japanese game industry are 20 years in the past, and they admit this, knowing none of their games have changed much... Just minor refinements and "changes" are more like redone or expanded features than whole new or innovative ones.

There are hundreds of well written arrivals about it. But pd are particularly obvious in not really being gamers...
That is because they are car guys first and foremost, and that isn't more evident by the GT awards handed out at SEMA and Pebble Beach every year. Heck, even Kaz raced once last year, if I recall correctly, so it is pretty obvious that they are not gamers at all.

The problem with the Day 1 patch is with so many people downloading it a lot of people are going to have trouble downloading the patch just like the first few patches in GT5

The problem with the Day 1 patch is with so many people downloading it a lot of people are going to have trouble downloading the patch just like the first few patches in GT5
Not to mention the online servers. It will be mayhem out there. I'll be sticking to the patches only for online connectivity, and only hitting the online play after a few months when the amount of nutters playing has come down.

That is because they are car guys first and foremost, and that isn't more evident by the GT awards handed out at SEMA and Pebble Beach every year. Heck, even Kaz raced once last year, if I recall correctly, so it is pretty obvious that they are not gamers at all.
I wish I could be more forgiving as I'm a gamer, race car driver, and on my 20th year as a game developer... (Not even empathy)

I even had a seat invite to the Daytona 24 this year... Anyone got a spare 12.5k I could borrow/have? (This grates as I'd love to do it)

I even build unique race cars (www.melleen.com)

I won't even be able to play GT 6 this weekend because I'll be racing at Sonoma... (I know its a good problem to have)

I'd be more than happy to put the "game" in GT if I was afforded the opportunity. (Anyone at PD listening?!)

I think I just vented a bit...

Back