Large day one patch!

• Thread starter Spagetti69
  • 497 comments
Sounds good to me, but yes, people with slower internet, or no internet is going to have to suffer.

Like said before, we either delay the game or build through patches. I would definitely rather just build through updates. People just need to realize that they're trying to do A LOT in limited time. I swear, it annoys me so much to hear anyone say that they (PD) are lazy.

As for Amar's speculation, I'd say spot on because it just makes sense. I can't think of any other reason why.

I've a downloadspeed of 20Mb/s and uploadspeed of 2Mb/s and over here that is quite slow. It's the basic package. But I am able to host lobbies in good quality without any lag. Downloading that GT5 spec 2.0 patch took me around 2 hours (Had only 10Mb/s back then). I can imagine though how frustrating it is with a lower speed.

Wait what :eek: I have a download speed of 112 kb/s yes you may feel better.

From eurogamer.

"It's the same every time," said Yamauchi. "Everything's very tight. It's an incredibly tight schedule. As to being able to include everything we want to on day one, we probably won't be able to. I think for the 12 months following the release we'll continue to update the software. Because in Gran Turismo 6 we're preparing a lot of different things we haven't even touched on yet."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-18-gran-turismo-6-will-have-a-large-day-one-patch

Everything they do is art. Its the fatasses with all the money that are getting antzy in pantzy and would rather just push it out rather than work on it some more. Theyre getting alot of hate for it. Dont get mad a Kaz or PD the shareholders are the ones effing this up

Everything they do is art. Its the fatasses with all the money that are getting antzy in pantzy and would rather just push it out rather than work on it some more. Theyre getting alot of hate for it. Dont get mad a Kaz or PD the shareholders are the ones effing this up

they had how many years and GT5 wasn't complete. Kaz hasn't done himself any favors in the time and schedule department.

BoneSawTX
they had how many years and GT5 wasn't complete. Kaz hasn't done himself any favors in the time and schedule department.

Ok buddy, you go learn how to make a game for the ps3, which everyone is waiting for, and then refine it so it actually runs on the ps3

This console generation is the worst, microtransitions, DLC, rehashing and day one update middle fingers towards those who can't connect to the internet to download those updates :(

The simpler days where you didn't have to go through that many hoops to experience the game you just bought at it's fullest, or not being able to experience all of it if you don't have an internet connection were the best.

GT6 better have a **** load of features.

PD's always understaffed and overworked. We're talking about the best selling Sony franchise and it always seems Gran Turismo is never ready on time. It's....astonishing. To think the game won't be "complete" until November/December 2014 is just mind boggling.

We all love the continual support from PD, but this is a...problem. And the problem is we need another competitor in the PS3 market.

Last edited:
We all love the continual support from PD, but this is a...problem. And the problem is we need another competitor in the PS3 market.

The problem is Kaz. He sees no competitor whether there is one or not.
As long as a perfectionist is at the helm, stuff like this will continue to happen.
If it wasn't for higher ups pushing him and holding him to deadlines, we'd have LFS-like saga with GT.

As we am know some people don't have access to Internet. But the key word is SOME. The majority do. All companies care about the majority. That's where all the money comes. I agree it's a bad idea, but hey, PD still has to make money.

Ok buddy, you go learn how to make a game for the ps3, which everyone is waiting for, and then refine it so it actually runs on the ps3

Why should he have too?
If I had major surgery and the doctor made a mistake, does that mean I need to learn how to operate.

Silly statement.

not my job, that's theirs and they did a poor job of it. Other producers managed to and do a good job of it.

and i'm not your buddy.

The problem is Kaz. He sees no competitor whether there is one or not.
As long as a perfectionist is at the helm, stuff like this will continue to happen.
If it wasn't for higher ups pushing him and holding him to deadlines, we'd have LFS-like saga with GT.

You don't get that statement. He said that in a sense as his work isn't a competition to one-up another racing game. He has his vision and expands upon it with feedback and with time.

Last edited:
More competition wouldn't do any good, unless it will force them to outsource. They work everything themselves, including travel, pictures, whatever. A closed studio of only 150 plus staff isn't going to get anything done as quick as the others out there.

Patches don't bother me, nothing more frusterating than a glitched game NFS unleashed comes to mind, everything else should be on song. They've ironed out most of the PS3 bugs in gt5. For that reason this game should be a cracker. Can't wait!

Spagetti69
Why should he have too?
If I had major surgery and the doctor made a mistake, does that mean I need to learn how to operate.

Silly statement.

You would REQUIRE surgery..... You would CHOOSE GT 👍

Jawehawk
While this doesn't affect me, it's a smack in the face for anyone without internet. PD (and other companies) really needs to understand that not everyone has internet.

Developers also need to start taking into account people who don't have televisions/monitors and maybe even folks without electricity.

Define "finished".

And define "screwed". Will the game be unplayable without the patch, or will the patch simply add additional features? If you haven't got internet, you're screwed either way, because you're missing out on the online aspect, which is a big part of the game and something they seem to have focused more on for GT6.

Forza 5 will be unplayable if you don't download the day-one "DLC". So it's not like they're the only ones to use this possibility. And why would console games need to operate on different terms than PC games?

I guess finished means complete. In that, the program does all the things it's supposed to do and runs without error. The game that will be on the disc when it's released will merely represent the current state of development when the discs are mastered and, I guess, they have no choice but release what they have right now, in order to have thing available for sale during the xmas sales period.

"A work of art is never finished. Only abandoned", so the saying goes and the safety net game companies have these days is the internet. As they can keep adding content or updating the code forever if they feel like it, it's simply a decision for them to make as to when they feel it's time to abandon their product, at which point, I suppose, one might consider the game to be finished. For me, that should be the version that is on the disc when it hits retail.

no they'll just have to wait for GT6 XL :lol:

That looks like it will eventually be the case. If you don't have your PS3 hooked up, you're getting a lot less for your money than everybody else is if you buy into it right now so some kind of bumper game disc with all the addons and patches included would be the one to buy.

You'll possibly just have to wait another year on it being available.

More competition wouldn't do any good, unless it will force them to outsource. They work everything themselves, including travel, pictures, whatever. A closed studio of only 150 plus staff isn't going to get anything done as quick as the others out there.

Please list all the industries in a free market where a manufactured product has not improved over time through competition. Kaz has the luxury of keeping everything in house because he doesn't need to compete for market share on the PS platform. When you have to compete for $$$ you tend to make different decisions.

Developers also need to start taking into account people who don't have televisions/monitors and maybe even folks without electricity.

That is so wrong...
People can still play their video games if they don't have internet.
People in the conditions you described, though, can't.
Try to make sense of the situations before leaving such remarks.

Please list all the industries in a free market where a manufactured product has not improved over time through competition. Kaz has the luxury of keeping everything in house because he doesn't need to compete for market share on the PS platform. When you have to compete for $$$ you tend to make different decisions.

If GT would ever went multi-platform - on consoles - only result of that would be more sales IMO. I do not get presented logic.

Also, I do not see that *other game* has improved over time because of the competition (if we see GT as its competitor by some logic), quite the opposite frankly.

And saying Gran Turismo series haven't improved over time - because either deliberate vision of creators or some "influence" of the "competition" - would be utter hyperbole.

If the series hadn't improved over time, we'd be stuck with PS1 graphics and physics :lol: :P

That is so wrong...
People can still play their video games if they don't have internet.
People in the conditions you described, though, can't.
Try to make sense of the situations before leaving such remarks.

Please try to develop a sense of humour.

I think he may have been being sarcastic. I'm not sure though.

If GT would ever went multi-platform - on consoles - only result of that would be more sales IMO. I do not get presented logic.

Also, I do not see that *other game* has improved over time because of the competition (if we see GT as its competitor by some logic), quite the opposite frankly.

And saying Gran Turismo series haven't improved over time - because either deliberate vision of creators or some "influence" of the "competition" - would be utter hyperbole.

Not sure where I said anything about multi-platform, the "other game" or GT not improving. I believe GT would be a better game if it had a direct competitor on the PS platform and that part of the reason the game isn't all it could be is because they don't have much worry about losing the fanbase because many of them believe they have nowhere to go.

Please try to develop a sense of humour.

I think he may have been being sarcastic. I'm not sure though.

If he was, then I apologise.
It can be quite hard to notice certain jokes and sarcastic comments when they're in text, and in that context, it seemed more like a mocking remark to Jawehawk's opinion, rather than general humor.
But again, if it wasn't, I apologise.

Lot's of whining in this thread!

I have a 1 to 2 MB connection speed at best! I have been a PC sims regular and still is, bought GT1 when I didn't have internet back then without even knowing what the title/franchise is all about! and I have been in love with it since day one!

Update from day one? yeah so what?! I'm going to download it by all means necessary, even if I had to link my rowter to an outside power source (UPS) and PS3 since we do have regular power outage here.

whatever it takes. some sais no sound improvement I'm not at all disappointed we love the franchise for its driving feel first, simcade stuff comes next (Sound,Damage...etc)

New suspension physics , new airflow feel around the car, more accurate tire models! you name it. look at the glass half full.

It's meeting deadline vs getting content in. Would you rather have a sort-of finished game earlier and a finished one later, or have the whole game delayed, like GT5 (which still wasn't polished)?

You don't get that statement. He said that in a sense as his work isn't a competition to one-up another racing game. He has his vision and expands upon it with feedback and with time.

I interpreted it one way and you interpreted it the other.

Back