Last Mission in "Sun Also Rises" now impossible?

• Thread starter Masticore
  • 61 comments
How so?

I think that both of you missed my point completely, but that's due to my poor english - So my point was that, is it even possible to Gold these event's after the latest patch?

Did you try it?
First of all, if I misunderstood your post because of language and you being a non-native speaker, I apologise.

Second, it was a joke, just trying to make some fun in all the seriousness on this forum.

Third, what I meant to say half seriously, is that lazy developers is a very unlikely explanation for issues in the game. So if people come up with that argument, it is too simple and they should try harder to understand what the causes could be.

I think that both of you missed my point completely, but that's due to my poor english - So my point was that, is it even possible to Gold these event's after the latest patch?
Ten posts above your first one is a video of someone getting gold on it. So yes.

Ten posts above your first one is a video of someone getting gold on it. So yes.
His post was about golding the circuit experience at rally tracks and had nothing to do with this mission race. So the video you mentioned does not apply. I do not know why he posted in this thread.

Yep exactly, thanks...

"Sun also rises - Now impossible?!"

So rather than making a new thread ; I thought maybe it's better to ask here - Is it even possible to "gold" those rally challenges??
:odd:

No part of that makes sense. Circuit Experiences are not Mission Challenges, so asking about Circuit Experiences at a specific track in a thread about a certain Mission Challenge within a specific set of them is odd.

Moreover the reason these Mission Challenges have become harder is a change in how quickly tyres wear. Tyres don't wear in Circuit Experiences, and even more don't wear on rally Circuit Experiences.

Why would you think that a change in how tyres wear in Mission Challenges with tyre wear would mean a harder event in a rally Circuit Experience with no tyre wear?

In any case, yes it is. I golded Fishermans Ranch ages ago, but just for you I did Colorado Springs just now:
1661793934665.png

Last edited:
OoooooOOOO so this is where you guys went off tooo, I am so slow i just saw the missions update on known patches(probably something to do with my complaint about the new patch on the official sony blog hahaha) but this post has all the answers i was looking for about this mission, thanks guys, you guys are the greatest!!! Once again you guys make this so easy, one last question, when you got gold was it controller or steering wheel? Thanks

Last edited:
I've just had a go at this, and once I'd re-learned how to drive the track, did it by using BB -5, and zero traction control. Used as high gears as possible - to limit wheel spin on corner exit.
Took it easy over the first couple of laps - and then pushed a bit harder. Won by 15 or more seconds, as I took the last lap really slowly so to finish at the end of lap 8

I've just had a go at this, and once I'd re-learned how to drive the track, did it by using BB -5, and zero traction control. Used as high gears as possible - to limit wheel spin on corner exit.
Took it easy over the first couple of laps - and then pushed a bit harder. Won by 15 or more seconds, as I took the last lap really slowly so to finish at the end of lap 8

I use a GT DD Pro.

I used a controller, with stick steering. I think daan uses wheel and pedals.
Thanks, I‘m a mediocre driver, before I could not get anything below 2:14 lap times, now I’m around 2:12, I’m not going to lie but literally thank you, I got 4th place on my second try today, I’ll keep at it since I was close but made a boo boo I cannot tell you guys that in the past I could not make it in the top 10th, well I mean driving Bathurst non stop helped on those muscle reflexes, I just need to drive Manual and I should be good hehe
Gran Turismo® 7_20220901123014.jpg

They have fixed with a patch update 1.21, just installed. Must have been a combination of increased tyre wear from last update and wear rate for this mission

They have fixed with a patch update 1.21, just installed. Must have been a combination of increased tyre wear from last update and wear rate for this mission
Yes, I gave it a go after the update and was doing 2:05 for most laps once I was clear of the AIs, finished 10 laps in around 21 mins. It's a bit boring because it just records the 10 laps on the leaderboard, not the time, and it's probably nigh on impossible to do 11 laps. I think an alien could probably do a single lap sub 2 minutes with the cuts, but I'd be very impressed if they could sustain that pace for 10 laps to be able to start an 11th.

Yes, I gave it a go after the update and was doing 2:05 for most laps once I was clear of the AIs, finished 10 laps in around 21 mins. It's a bit boring because it just records the 10 laps on the leaderboard, not the time, and it's probably nigh on impossible to do 11 laps. I think an alien could probably do a single lap sub 2 minutes with the cuts, but I'd be very impressed if they could sustain that pace for 10 laps to be able to start an 11th.
Indeed, I only had one attempt, when tyre wear was at its worst, and won having only completed 8 laps!
There was no way that another lap would have been possible. To be honest, I quite enjoyed the challenge, and I think that there should be a couple of similar challenges in GT7. Just as I think there should be a couple more with fuel economy - to create a more varied and interesting game.

It sucks they nerfed tire wear across the board (although admittedly they somehow did it well to every car affected I've driven), but I take it it is to nerf people farming good currency races (Spa, Tokyo, etc)

It sucks they nerfed tire wear across the board (although admittedly they somehow did it well to every car affected I've driven), but I take it it is to nerf people farming good currency races (Spa, Tokyo, etc)
You can still grind the big payers as before,ive not tried sardegna since the update but both Tokyo and Le mans are working same as usual.Im going to have a bash at sardegna tonight after tea.

For me, I golded this mission just a few days ago after the latest patch update. Granted it was tight finish, but in the past I could never come this close.

The best strategy is actually to take it really easy for the first 5 laps. I set the TC at 2 sometimes 1, FM 1 all the way. No other changes.

So for the first 5 laps, no sliding no late braking, overtake smoothly as possible. By lap 5-6, you should be second place, approx 10 seconds behind the leader.

Then you unleash hell, and go all out. You will be catching the leader at around 4-5 secs per lap, and you should be able to overtake on the last lap. Main thing is to play cool all the way, minimize the mistakes, lift and cost in the fast corners, don't downshift.

I have no idea how you are supposed to do this. Recent patches must have changed things. When averaging 2:10 lap times 1st-3rd place are 20 seconds ahead and somehow the whole race finishes before me with me in 4th with 10 laps. When following some tactics in this thread it's much worse, they never slow down and I'll get like 7th place.

That car is uncontrollable with TC1...spins out all over the place. I've pretty much golded everything else. This race is broken.
I won it on my first or second try and that was post 1.31. I stink at this game, too, especially without the VR headset (which I didn't have for this race). It all boils down to memorizing the track, which took me about 20 laps. Also the corner just before the long straight is crucial, try to early apex it and get on the gas ASAP. The racing lines displayed may be wrong.

I just did it today and RH tyres were fine at the end, no saving needed or any other setting change. Did fastest 2.06.1 and probably average of around 2.07.5

Back