Last Mission in "Sun Also Rises" now impossible?

• Thread starter Masticore
  • 61 comments
As we all know, update 1.20 has changed the tire wear somehow. Some claim, tires don't wear faster than before, only the indicator behaves differently. Others (including myself) are sure that tires wear significantly faster now. Well, here's the thing:

In the last mission of "The Sun Also Rises" you have to finish Bathurst in the Jaguar F-Type Gr3 without any pitstop. In every tutorial I read and every video I watched on YouTube, the RH tires show very little wear at the end of the race in lap 10 and consensus seems to be: "Just do your laps in 2:10 average and you will be fine. No need to worry about fuel or tires." Of course, those tutorials were before update 1.20...

I manage to do laps of about 2:08 and indeed have been in first place by lap 5, BUT by lap 6 the tires always are DEAD and the car becomes uncontrollable in corners. So it really seems to be impossible now to complete this mission.

Is anybody experiencing the same or is it just me? If you managed to complete this mission after the 1.20 update, how did you do that?! I tried different fuel map settings and different TKS settings, but tires always die in lap 6.
I just did it today. Averaged about 2.07 to 2.08 per lap. I needed to adjust the TCS as the tires got worn. Won by about 5 seconds.

I golded this race ages back but saw this thread and figured I'd play it again today for kicks. I'm assuming whatever issues folks had at the time this thread was made are gone now, because on the current patch (1.41) this race was super easy to do with no fuel savings and the tires lasted just fine. 🤷‍♂️

Speaking of which....when are they (or are they ever) going to add some new Missions to the game?

Last edited:
Back