Last time trial...

Why does it have to be complex string? So far I've gotten the 2nd best time, but I'm like 5 seconds off first place. The 90 degree turns are killing me. RAGE BUILDING!

Have you watched the demo for those turns? It may help a bit. I just kept getting trying it getting progressively faster (and you want frustration), miss first by a couple hundreths of a second...

I wound up using a ghost that was off by 1.5-2 seconds. I found on that run, I didn't get around the first turn as quickly as I could. The problem was, if I didn't go faster than the ghost, it was really tough going through the chicanes with it right in front.

I'm not sure what else to say. You probably know to take the turns in away that lets you accelerate as soon as possible leading into the straights.

Good luck.

Wow ... that is frustrating. I'm still down by 6 seconds, but I'll probably get that knocked out this weekend.

Did you know you can turn the gost car off and on by pressing select? Sometimes it helps when it's in your path.

~LoudMusic

90 dergree turns thats where I make up time because I loose time on the S's and I can usually make it up on the 90s, I loose time on the u turn part too, but I make it up on the last set of S's where there is elevation changes. I barely passed that sucker.

Originally posted by ConsoleRacer
Why does it have to be complex string? So far I've gotten the 2nd best time, but I'm like 5 seconds off first place. The 90 degree turns are killing me. RAGE BUILDING!

You've probably already figured this, but please don't think I'm patronising you - the secrets to the 90 degree section are:
- to use as much kerb as you can
- know the sequence of corners. As you know, it goes (not sure how it starts, but here goes) left, right, right, left, left, right, right and so on. If you're going left-right or right-left, you need to be in the middle of the road and it's vital you don't go to quickly, and you're going left-left or right-right, get to the outside to turn the two corners into one double apex corner (but remembering you need to arrive in the middle of the road for the change of direction).

You must not go too fast!! If the car slides you're losing time.

It's good that you guys have done it already.............. "place a record in the complex string".............. me, I haven't started it yet......... coz the last time I tried? I ended up on the grass when it's like just 45 seconds more to finish.... the everything on the screen turned dark...... and a word appeared i the middle...... it said "FAILED"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

With this test I found that you will get progressivley better and better untill you are nearly there. You will then struggle to get the last half second or second off before you beat it by something daft like 2 seconds. It's just a case of look at the demo drive it, then use the ghost car to help you go faster. Some aggression is good, but you have to remember you can't push too hard or you end up losing it right near the end when you are way in front (happened to me!). As for the 90 degree bends, I used the weight of the engine to swing the car into the bends hard using as much kerb as possible. You just have to stay consistent though :)

What about the two sets of S curves? I've found in many races that I can go quicker through short curves if I hook the inside tire on the ruble strips. They seem to grab the tire and help turn the car just a bit through the curve.

Does that make sense?

~LoudMusic

makes sense to me. i find that works on ALOT of turns. i especially like to use that method on tokyo, on that really friggin big U turn. works wonders 8)

Heck yeah, but sometimes it can be difficult with the DualShock 2 controller. Some other big ones are the turns at Leguna Seca and Midfield. I've been known to grab some rumble at Deep Forrest and Trial Mountain as well.

~LoudMusic

Do you guys do the hillbilly bends full throttle? I go in there full throttle and kinda let me slide into the next corner, from there full throttling is easy;)

Originally posted by rufrgt_sn00pie2001
Do you guys do the hillbilly bends full throttle? I go in there full throttle and kinda let me slide into the next corner, from there full throttling is easy;)

Yeah, but you've got to hit it just right or you'll be in the grass on one side or the other.

~LoudMusic

Nice tips guys, my lap times are getting better. I guess practice makes perfect. Maybe a few more days and i can shave off a second or two. Damn Complex String!!!!!

It's the worst when you're on the last turn and you end up on the grass. TOTAL WASTE OF FOUR MINUTES!!!!

Nice tips guys, my lap times are getting better. I guess practice makes perfect. Maybe a few more days and i can shave off a second or two. Damn Complex String!!!!!

It's the worst when you're on the last turn and you end up on the grass. TOTAL WASTE OF FOUR MINUTES!!!!

...atleast you made it all the way there :P

You really need to be on the inside kerbing there - if you're on the inside you'll be surprised how early you can get on the power there.

Im never doing that time trial again.

Untill I get bored of my save and delete it then restart the game

I still can't do the TT10 I will keep trying! It's harder than the S license! Damn it oh well it brings out the best racing you will ever do!

How does everone do those weaving s cuves at the start of the track?

Personally I keep the car in third gear all the time hitting the redline and trying to get as much curb as possible.
Also I have started to call the loops that get bigger the loops of fury (chemical brothers song) because they are SOB's

Y2Tuscan: The best practice for those weaving S-curves is the license tests through that section, with traction control off. If you can get gold on that thing, you've got it.

On those 90 degree turns: I'm not sure if this'll help, but if you're having trouble, try taking the sections where you have two left or right hand turns in one continuous arc. Just a thought.

I loved dooing TT10 even though it hurt my thumbs , the S bends where the hardest part for me losing me the most time :(

But anyway i beat it with a time of 4'48.365 and was pretty pleased with that :)

If a girl can do it so can you! :P :D

I DID IT!!! Thanks to the encouragement of lotus350. My lap time isn't as good, but I'll take it. 4'52.559 isn't that bad I think. Now it's time to dance!

Originally posted by Sertsa
Y2Tuscan: The best practice for those weaving S-curves is the license tests through that section, with traction control off. If you can get gold on that thing, you've got it.

On those 90 degree turns: I'm not sure if this'll help, but if you're having trouble, try taking the sections where you have two left or right hand turns in one continuous arc. Just a thought.

Hey ive already done all the time trials I was just asking how everyone else did it

Back