LCC Rocket Super Lap

Thanks guys for all of the support, I really appreciate it. I do not feel that calling this person out (name and shame) would be the right thing to do. It not only goes against the AUP, but it will also cause more drama and we really don't need that here. Most of his pm's are done through PSN so it is really not a GTP site issue. Like I said, its just better if I fade away. Again, thanks for the support, its been a great ride. Stay fast my friends.

Mitch

Thanks guys for all of the support, I really appreciate it. I do not feel that calling this person out (name and shame) would be the right thing to do. It not only goes against the AUP, but it will also cause more drama and we really don't need that here. Most of his pm's are done through PSN so it is really not a GTP site issue. Like I said, its just better if I fade away. Again, thanks for the support, its been a great ride. Stay fast my friends.

Mitch
Stuff the guy that's putting your tunes down. Its evident from the amount of likes your tunes receive that you must be doing something right. Its just jealousy making the person nasty and nasty is making him ugly! Let him be ugly on his own. Delete the user from your psn.

Ps: your LCC rocket tune RoCkS!! Best tune for gt6 thus far

Dear Mitch,

I want to know if 99% of the racers can drive fast with Ramon or Samurai tune????
I`m normaly run 2 seconds slower than the faster but I can´t drive fast with their tunes( suspension ).
I want to know (Ramon can reply why when I brake the car spins out of the track).
One time more I say if they are so fast than you or me, I invite to come to Portugal make a street race or if they are more safe on track please came and I just push my Aprilia 0 to 200 kph in 7 seconds, and I think they go runing to the ps3.(more safe!!!!).
Please Mitch or Ramon reply to my question.
I drive with trustmaster tt 500 rs.
I put everything like Ramon says.

Thank you Mitch, Ramon and Samurai to put the setups.

Lourosa46

BUT 46 FOR VALENTINO OR VETTEL OR HAMILTON OR RAIKONEN NOT FOR ALONSO SORRY FOR THE SPANISH BECAUSE MY FAVORITE NOW IS MARQUES (BIG BALLS!!!)

Mitch
No, tell us. We, as a community, need to know. This is not acceptable, and this person definitely should not get away with this.

Again, I ask you to please tell us. We want to know, we need to know.

Mitch
Setups are a thing for it's own. You can rather like it or you can hate it. But only because a person doesn't like this setup it doesn't need to be so rude that you are fading away as a consequence of this. Then he should use another setup or create his own. I think many of us searched for a setup once. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Everyone has a different driving style and needs different setups. I, as an example, need a car which oversteers a bit. Other people like a total neutral handling, others even more oversteer than me and some people even love understeer. And I could go on forever. What I'd like to tell you is that you shouldn't go away only because a *censored* doesn't like your setup and swears about it. C'mon, you are over that guy's niveau and I think 99% of the community want to have you still in this forum.

Dear Mitch,

I want to know if 99% of the racers can drive fast with Ramon or Samurai tune????
I`m normaly run 2 seconds slower than the faster but I can´t drive fast with their tunes( suspension ).
I want to know (Ramon can reply why when I brake the car spins out of the track).
One time more I say if they are so fast than you or me, I invite to come to Portugal make a street race or if they are more safe on track please came and I just push my Aprilia 0 to 200 kph in 7 seconds, and I think they go runing to the ps3.(more safe!!!!).

Lourosa46

BUT 46 FOR VALENTINO OR VETTEL OR HAMILTON OR RAIKONEN NOT FOR ALONSO SORRY FOR THE SPANISH BECAUSE MY FAVORITE NOW IS MARQUES (BIG BALLS!!!)
Post your replay file please, I'm no fortune-teller.

A street race in Portugal? WOW!!! If I could be 30 years old less ... :D Don't you realize yet this is a videogame?

Dear Mitch,

Lourosa46

I struggled with Ramons suspension setup, he's running with a very low rear spring rate which helps the back end to turn in but you need HIS skills to make it work.

I ended up using a 5.80 rear spring but I use a controller, no SRF and am human....

Thank you for your reply Ramon.

I don't want to chalange you or reply something else to you, only put some kids in the right place.
From you or Mitch I just want to learn more about This game.
About your age Ramon is never to late, And you are a exemple of This in the game. About the true reality, with 40 I can realize what is the diference between vídeo And street, And Ramon when I go to Geres de la Frontera it so good driving on Sierra de Aracena. I'm just a speed lover, but with head or I already dead!!!!
About your reply I don't understand what you mean about (post your reply please).
When I try your setup I feel that I can put the car where I want And push hard, but when I brake And turn the car spins out of the track.

Nice to talk with you And if you can help to make me faster in the game I be very happy.

Rogério

I struggled with Ramons suspension setup, he's running with a very low rear spring rate which helps the back end to turn in but you need HIS skills to make it work.

I ended up using a 5.80 rear spring but I use a controller, no SRF and am human....
Mmmmm, maybe there are different physics for controllers, if I set a higher rear spring rate I'll have more oversteer.
Anyway these car settings are made with SRF, if you switch it off, anyone will struggle with them.

For sure car settings are quite personal, I can't take properly any curve with Samurai's setup, looking at his settings before giving them a try I knew I couldn't handle them.

Thank you for your reply Ramon.

I don't want to chalange you or reply something else to you, only put some kids in the right place.
From you or Mitch I just want to learn more about This game.
About your age Ramon is never to late, And you are a exemple of This in the game. About the true reality, with 40 I can realize what is the diference between vídeo And street, And Ramon when I go to Geres de la Frontera it so good driving on Sierra de Aracena. I'm just a speed lover, but with head or I already dead!!!!
About your reply I don't understand what you mean about (post your reply please).
When I try your setup I feel that I can put the car where I want And push hard, but when I brake And turn the car spins out of the track.

Nice to talk with you And if you can help to make me faster in the game I be very happy.

Rogério
First thing of all, keep your real races in a track, you can get hurt in a street race, or what is worse, you can hurt others.

I can not help you if you don't upload here a file of your replay (repetición), because I don't know what are you doing.

Run some laps in the car, save your 'best lap replay' and send it to Ramon via a 'conversation' (PM), here.

He's offering to watch your replay and give you feedback on your driving - helping you to get better.

I've not run this one, but I watched Samurai & Ramon's replays a couple of nights ago and they are both overlapping the throttle with the brakes as a way to manage weight transfer.... when you brake and turn the rear becomes light. Applying power helps move some weight back to balance this.

It's not a very realistic technique, but it's worked on that sort of handling balance at least as far back as the GTLM and Elise in GT5P.

... overlapping the throttle with the brakes as a way to manage weight transfer.... when you brake and turn the rear becomes light. Applying power helps move some weight back to balance this.
It's not a very realistic technique, but it's worked on that sort of handling balance at least as far back as the GTLM and Elise in GT5P.
It works in real life - I am using it all the time - the effect is exactly as you described.

It works in real life - I am using it all the time - the effect is exactly as you described.

You drive your mid-engined car using 50% brakes and 50% throttle at the same time to slightly back it to corners in real life 'all the time', do you?

Never a dull moment here, away for a few days....and tuning controversy. I personally have found GTP_CargoRatt's tunes very helpful. Almost all tunes posted whether good or bad have something to offer. Whether to verify part of another tune or a new perspective. Also different tunes seem to work for different level and style of driving.

All tunes and most comments enrich this site, keep them coming Cargo :cheers:

Mitch

Cargo-san I'm sorry to hear you were disturbed by this individual but I'm glad you chose not to expose this person because as you said it's not quite right. If we were to know that person then he/she, well let's say it's a guy for an argument's sake, will be lynched here and our perception towards him will be changed forever. I won't be able to read his opinions or tunes without my personal judgement getting in the way. After all, he has done nothing wrong to me and I don't know a single thing about him and it's not fair me bearing a bad image on him. So, I'd rather not to know his name at all. Although if remarks he made about you is true then he is despicable and unworthy of place here but we don't know anything about this interaction so I just can't judge him.

Having said all that, now, it's also not right and fair for us to lose you. What have we done to deserve that? You're fading away because of this?? Like everyone is saying we all appreciate your presence and your insightful input. Just un-friend him and you'll be right isn't that how it works on PS3?

Sorry for making this any of my business and these were just my personal opinions but I thought I should say something.

*snip*

Ahhhhh.....GT5P. Good times, good times. Random matching...everybody join on the :47! Was going through some old messages on my PS3 the other day and saw some names (prudentbear, Fak_Evil, honeycar, etc.) that brought back a ton of memories. Sadly I've never again had as much fun with the games as I did then.

I had a go at this event without making changes aside from gearing-similar to the Elise, as you say with light weight and low grip. Strangely this suits me somehow....I apparently abhor turning the steering wheel more than a few degrees and just do it all with my feet!

I'll check out the tunes and maybe give it another go, thanks for posting them.

Run some laps in the car, save your 'best lap replay' and send it to Ramon via a 'conversation' (PM), here.

He's offering to watch your replay and give you feedback on your driving - helping you to get better.

Thanks for trying to explain it Chris, well, I won't make a report of his driving but I'll try to answer why his car spins out of the track when he's braking, likely will be the brake & throttle overlapping, as you said.

I've not run this one, but I watched Samurai & Ramon's replays a couple of nights ago and they are both overlapping the throttle with the brakes as a way to manage weight transfer.... when you brake and turn the rear becomes light. Applying power helps move some weight back to balance this.

Brake & throttle overlapping not just helps on balancing the weight transfer of the car, this helps too improving vehicle stability when downshifting gears and it keeps your rpm's higher when you exit the curve, this means more power at your disposal.
I'm applying rather a 15~25% of throttle than a 50% , more than that, the braking won't be effective.

I got the bad (or good) habit in iRacing, where some cars (if not all) are really difficult to handle when braking and downshifting, there, heel & toe is a must learn if you want achieve fast times, in GT5 or GT6 it's not needed as we have auto-blip, but adding a bit more of throttle helps none the less, in almost every replay you can find from me in GT5 or GT6 (since one year ago or so) you'll see I always give a bit of throttle when braking.

About if this technique is realistic or not, it's quite clear to me.

compare.jpg

Thanks for the kind words everyone and glad to see a few of you are finding my tune useful, makes me very happy than I am able to help out some of you....even you Dalone. :lol: Like I said, it may not be for everyone, but if you have close to the same driving style and like to have the same feel for the car as I do, then it should serve you well. Congrats to everyone with your progress so far, keep pushing, you can still do better. ;) I'm going to give this event one more go today and try to string together all my time I'm leaving out there in certain sectors before heading back to the WRS TT's and having some fun at Trial Mountain. I would like to get in on the other Seasonal TT here but I usually just like to stick to dedicating a week to one certain TT. I do it that way because I like to keep the feel of a certain car/track combo in my memory (both mentally and physically) as opposed to going back and forth between combos. Sounds crazy yes, but trust me when I say that that strategy has really helped me in competing in these events. Anyways, I see I'm getting carried away again so I'll stop here. :lol: Thanks again for the comments on the tune, truly appreciate it. Peace, and as always, stay fast my friends. :cheers:

Fantastic tune. I'm just trying to get used to using no ACM. Challenging, but it seems the best way to get the best drive out of any car. I'm still spinning a bit but getting there. Thank you for the tune @GTP_CargoRatt. Peace to you. Don't let the "*#*&/%#" get you down. Cheers, mink.

You drive your mid-engined car using 50% brakes and 50% throttle at the same time to slightly back it to corners in real life 'all the time', do you?
Point taken.
In response: ok, not exactly, not in mid-engined car. I've used this technique in a Ford Falcon - the same model as what the V8 supercar in GT6 is based on. This car has a front-to-rear drive, softish suspension - in short, a bushbasher. What I have been doing all the time is basically braking and accelerating at the same time in slowish corners while gears engaged - I do this so as to keep weight off the front as much as I can and to have a good attitude to accelerate out of the corner. I could not tell you for sure what the trottle% v brake% relationships is.

Thanks for trying to explain it Chris, well, I won't make a report of his driving but I'll try to answer why his car spins out of the track when he's braking, likely will be the brake & throttle overlapping, as you said.

Brake & throttle overlapping not just helps on balancing the weight transfer of the car, this helps too improving vehicle stability when downshifting gears and it keeps your rpm's higher when you exit the curve, this means more power at your disposal.
I'm applying rather a 15~25% of throttle than a 50% , more than that, the braking won't be effective.

I got the bad (or good) habit in iRacing, where some cars (if not all) are really difficult to handle when braking and downshifting, there, heel & toe is a must learn if you want achieve fast times, in GT5 or GT6 it's not needed as we have auto-blip, but adding a bit more of throttle helps none the less, in almost every replay you can find from me in GT5 or GT6 (since one year ago or so) you'll see I always give a bit of throttle when braking.

About if this technique is realistic or not, it's quite clear to me.

compare.jpg

Thanks Eclipsi ..always learn new things with you. . .👍

I'm seriously thinking about removing a number of friends here so as to be able to see the track in front instead of blue lines and names. The faster blokes are safe, and that includes Cargo as I use him as my benchmark, as are those well behind, but those around my ability will have to go I'm afraid.
Yesterday I discovered you can indeed still have your own ghost on the track, trouble is you cannot have it there by itself, you are still required to have everyone else too.
So if you find my name missing from your friends list you will understand why.

I'm seriously thinking about removing a number of friends here so as to be able to see the track in front instead of blue lines and names. The faster blokes are safe, and that includes Cargo as I use him as my benchmark, as are those well behind, but those around my ability will have to go I'm afraid.
Yesterday I discovered you can indeed still have your own ghost on the track, trouble is you cannot have it there by itself, you are still required to have everyone else too.
So if you find my name missing from your friends list you will understand why.

PD has to do something fast about this. a simple "friends lines" on off button is all that's needed. Is this so difficult PD?

PD has to do something fast about this. a simple "friends lines" on off button is all that's needed. Is this so difficult PD?
I totally agree players need and option for the Time Trials seasonal wear you can turn on/off the number off friends for that TT.

Turning off the display is the only answer for the moment, you only get the blue lines, its the names above the lines that causes the problems.

I reckon both lines and names should be able to be removed. When you have a dozen friends who are at your level or above it, you can arrive at a corner with it totally obliterated by blue.
I can't understand how it has survived for so long.

Mitch

This is the first time I have commented in this forum. I have been following the forums since last year when I was first starting playing GT5. I am not the quickest of all drivers out there, so a good tune is always helpful. I have always loved your tunes Mitch, as you tested so many different cars, giving everyone a wide choice in each seasonal event and always lots of feedback of what the cars lack and what needs improving in the cars.

So, please reconsider and continue providing the great setups for the many more seasonal events coming up.

I reckon both lines and names should be able to be removed. When you have a dozen friends who are at your level or above it, you can arrive at a corner with it totally obliterated by blue.
I can't understand how it has survived for so long.

You do know you can turn them off when your racing?
I press up on the controller and hey presto all gone, press again and all back.
Usually turn off on corners etc. :cheers:

Latest Posts

Back