LCS: Season 2: TVR Tuscan RM Racing League

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 557 comments
  • 32,208 views
REF : barding / hitting in races.

I agree is is wrong to break the rules. But when you are sucked into the back marker scrum there is only so much you can take before the rest mist settles and you give as good as you got.

The issue I believe is practice and course time. I did maybe 20 laps of setup, then 30 laps on softs then 20 slaps on hards to get myself ready. My whole race had 3 errors, two slightly late braking points on first corner due to older tyres and another missed braking point when resulted in one tyre going on the grass at the 4th corner. (well 3 errors I remember).

Also indy road is a very technical course where a slow line is easy, a fast one is harder to find and a very fast one is full of risk. Also it's not a very popular track for online so would be new to most people.

There are always going to be incidents as we are racing people of different skill level, different course knowledge and in cars that wont cost us money if we pranged then.

It's a game, hence it is not possible to take it too seriously. Lets find the sim/arcade split that keeps everyone happy.
 
I do agree with the_xeriff and The_Black_Stig_ starting from the back next race, that is a reasonable punishment. As for lizard50's incident, I really do believe he would have made the corner without you and that it was just a 1 off mistake. A racing incident, if you will. I see why you want him punished, but I do not think that incident was worth any real punishment.

a one off mistake which he did not compensate for by letting me through again. maybe you didn't realise but after that shunt i was put back to last place. i qualified in 4th. (the replay shows 3rd but the guy behind me was faster before i came into the pits so i let him through on the formation lap).

also, you've made no mention of blastomatic. :grumpy:

if this is a 'play' series then i'm ok with it, i'll race according to that, but it seems that, with the organisers putting effort into the thread and the event that perhaps they want it to be taken sersiously... if you're saying that you won't be punishing lizard50 for his incident then ok - this is a play series... but i get the impression that had i been the one who made the move i would have received a penalty of some sort.
(let's not forget, i'm complaining about the fact that he was a whole car length behind me before making the move [rule break 1] and he didn't let me back through after forcing me off the track [rule break 2] and i was reduced to last place - these are facts, not based on some potentially biased belief on whether he would have stayed on the track had a car not been there to shield him from going off the track [completely irrelevant])

the OP gives the impression of a well organised, serious competition. all the rules and regulations, the formation lap guide, the complaints procedure... they all suggest this.
with all 'due' respect, my experience of the competition so far is one that leads me to believe that it's not so organised and isn't aimed at clean, competitive, good-spirited racers afterall.
perhaps it would be a good idea to change the OP to something less formal and something more relaxed to reflect this? 👍


see you all at the sarthe.
 
AT THE BACK OF GRID? man i lost 2 places coz they didnt switch to hards what a terrible penalty system...... TERRIBLE AND I TOTALLY agree with HortusIX good speech mate!
 
The issue with continued complaint is everyone's performance will be viewed and people who complained may receive more penalty than those who they complained against.

Someone slipped on the parade lap due to putting to much power on while weaving to heat tyres. I t-boned him side on, causing me to a wobbly tyre and some excessive wear due to this. No complaint by me, it happened and I moved on. There was no way of avoiding the contact and the effect on my race was small.

If we start down that avenue almost no-one will get any points and the series will be over.

In terms of the soft/hard debate. You finished about 30 seconds behind me which would have made for a very close finish. But equally you were wobbling and flying all over the track which by any motor sport rule, you would have been black flagged. I don't want you to lose your points, so I'm not going to complain. Not for any other reason than I dont want to lose people from the grid, unless they are idiots. I want a 14/16 person grid at the 'sarthe' with lots of good racing.

Lets all chill and move onto the next race.
 
I wondered how Xeriff passed me Turn 1 during the last quarter of the race. I gave me a good nudge and afterward said i wouldnt complain since I was lap traffic, but he was on softies. On Hards, he would have been in the wall breaking at those speeds, but on softs, I slight bump to me and be breezed through the S. Now that I know he was on softs, he probably thought I was going way to slow...BUT AGAIN...everyone else was on Hards and two people who happen to be in position to win just forgot to take them.

Merely placing them in last is not a suitable solution in my opinion. They have the skill to overtake most everyone in the league already...putting them last on is just taping where a nail is required. Your not solving the problem just making it cosmetically sufficient. Lost points or positions is needed; these are needed to counteract the lost positions for compliant members.GTP_Racing lost positions on the matter and I was merely lapped, but it could have been avoided...How about for the next race you let him using softs non-stop? But just him....see how completely unfair it sounds.
 
This was supposed to be a serious yet fun event, and everyones over-competative spirit is killing it.
Yes, I will take a different approach towards the_xeriff and The_Black_Stig_ and drop 10 points from each respectively.

As for the Lizard50 ACCIDENT, I am going to drop 5 points from him.

This is somewhat a democracy so I find that this is necessary to keep everyone happy.
 
Is there anyone left who wont get a penalty?

What about the people who dived for the first corner? Those that jumped the start? Those that overtook on the parade lap?

The final option would be to void the race. As this will run and run.

There is no right answer to anything, but as I keep saying, the more people complain then more chance they have of losing their points.
 
Ok final decision: xeriff and The_Black_Stig get a 10 point drop and Lizard has to start from the back next race.

No other punishments for the behaviour from last race will be issued, but I must stress to not complain about someone unless it is really neseccary, because now we have a crappy relationship with everyone around us when this is just supposed to be a fun league!!
 
The issue now is people know what we can cant do to change the race.

Eg you can cheat on soft/soft and get better points than those who do soft/hard.
You can drive dangerously with no penalty providing your tyres are 'off'.
You can dive for corner apexes to obtain track position for overtaking.
Causing damage to other drivers on the parade lap is now acceptable.
You can push other other drivers providing you have track position.

All because I decided not to complain. I simply cant be bothered with all the faf of it. This is a fun series and I would prefer it that way.

If we are starting the business of analysing every minute of the race, no-one will win the series as everyone will have negative points.
 
Ok final decision: xeriff and The_Black_Stig get a 10 point drop and Lizard has to start from the back next race.

No other punishments for the behaviour from last race will be issued, but I must stress to not complain about someone unless it is really neseccary, because now we have a crappy relationship with everyone around us when this is just supposed to be a fun league!!

there's no 'crappy' relationships i can see from my perspective. i just wish for a fair penal system - what's the point in penalising someone for non attendance and yet when they do show up, allowing them to race inconsiderately?

i noticed in an earlier post that you mentioned the lizard50 incident was an 'ACCIDENT' - i see no reason for this to be an issue as, accident or not, his driving was out of line. as too was his post-incident behaviour in that he failed to allow the driver through after the "ACCIDENT"

@ LCS Organisers: please don't play down my complaint by trying to insinuate that I am out of line because i am feeling hard done by as a result of being shunted out of the race and a potential podium finish by somebody elses mistake.

@ lizard50: this isn't so much a personal rant at you - i would feel the same about anybody else had they done what you did. the reason i am pushing forward with the matter is so that some consistency can be established.
you just happen to be the person involved on this occasion.

i'd like to forget about this issue now and i hope that instead of constantly going on about this we can instead remedy the situation regarding starting on hard tyres and yet still being able to keep our quali grid slots come the start of the race.

i make two suggestions:

1. everybody qualifies on hard tyres (although this would dispel the previous notion of 8th & up)

OR

2. driver's qualification positions are noted at the end of the 15 minute qualification session. the host can then instruct all drivers, from 1st to last, of their position on the grid and the order can be sorted during the formation lap.
 
The issue now is people know what we can cant do to change the race.

Eg you can cheat on soft/soft and get better points than those who do soft/hard.
You can drive dangerously with no penalty providing your tyres are 'off'.
You can dive for corner apexes to obtain track position for overtaking.
Causing damage to other drivers on the parade lap is now acceptable.
You can push other other drivers providing you have track position.

All because I decided not to complain. I simply cant be bothered with all the faf of it. This is a fun series and I would prefer it that way.

If we are starting the business of analysing every minute of the race, no-one will win the series as everyone will have negative points.

i'm fine racing within these guidelines. if you don't want to complain that's your dillio.

i'll race to the rules - if the above points aren't covered in the OP then of course, we can only assume that it is acceptable to drive in such a manner.

not bothered either way.

i would add though, that sooner or later, after being a victim on multiple occasions, you will tire of seeing your competitors scoring more points than you as a result of them not being penalised for their improper actions. my guess is you're taking a passive aggressive stance - not advisable, as you'll only end up targetting someone with a previously built-up emotional tirade or, perhaps worse, end up leaving the series altogether.
the point of my complaint is to nip in the bud this sort of situation arising in the future. if it means people take a disliking to me as well, then fine - perhaps they will up their game and i will be rewarded with more competitive racing. Great - as this is what i signed up for in the first place.
 
Last edited:
Welcome to the GT5 patch 1.09

Introducting W-spec.

Train your whing'er via competing in LCS championships meetings. Obtain free points and penalties for others while driving badly yourself.

You can train up to 2 whing'ers in your team and have them compete weekly at 4pm on Sundays.

Download now as you get a free redbull FUKX prototype which defies all the laws of physics.
 
Welcome to the GT5 patch 1.09

Introducting W-spec.

Train your whing'er via competing in LCS championships meetings. Obtain free points and penalties for others while driving badly yourself.

You can train up to 2 whing'ers in your team and have them compete weekly at 4pm on Sundays.

Download now as you get a free redbull FUKX prototype which defies all the laws of physics.

Pretty soon people will be looking to collect every color of your FUKX car.:drool:
 
We could have qualifying on Saturday like the supergt here does. It enphasises one-lap magic as you only get one chance.
Also, from the one time I was here I think that polesitter should choose line into turn 1. Not sure if you did this in round 1 or not but I was pole and was swamped by others at the start because I was on the outside line which is rubbish on a rolling start.
 
blastomatic, though...hmmm. seems like has was making a lot of apologies after the race and i know of at least one other driver who was involved in several incidents with him (i shan't name him), so it's hard to believe that no penalties have been brought against him.

I didnt understand that did you mean "I was breaking the rules with that person" or "he was breaking the rules against me" i didnt understand
 
@ LCS Organisers: please don't play down my complaint by trying to insinuate that I am out of line because i am feeling hard done by as a result of being shunted out of the race and a potential podium finish by somebody elses mistake.

I agree too! Parkside accidentely rammed me off in a braking incident and i lost because of that! :( I would like if he had a small penalty or a apology of him
 
18 points please ? i dont like this anymore fun event OR NOT this is unfair in the rules are staying Racing Hards and RACING SOFTS! 1 mandatory pitstop which they did but they changed from Racing Softs Too Racing Softs isn't that unfair mate ? so I LOST 2 PLACE JUST because I WAS PLAYING FAIR AND THEY UNFAIR

TERRIBLE PENALTY System ''Fun Event'' u can make Fun Events with your friends too ... this is not a ''Fun Event'' but a COMPETITION...
 
I didnt understand that did you mean "I was breaking the rules with that person" or "he was breaking the rules against me" i didnt understand

neither - you were very apologetic after the race and i have spoken with someone who feels your driving was inconsiderate. it's better to drive well then there is no need to be sorry 👍

i also remember that i was trying to lap you and you were being uneccessarily stubborn.

nevermind though, let's all move on to the next race.
 
neither - you were very apologetic after the race and i have spoken with someone who feels your driving was inconsiderate. it's better to drive well then there is no need to be sorry 👍

i also remember that i was trying to lap you and you were being uneccessarily stubborn.

nevermind though, let's all move on to the next race.

Ah thanks i was apologetic for letting my team member down and being a bit peed off at people lapping me so i ADMIT i decided to swerve gentley... :guilty:
 
18 points please ? i dont like this anymore fun event OR NOT this is unfair in the rules are staying Racing Hards and RACING SOFTS! 1 mandatory pitstop which they did but they changed from Racing Softs Too Racing Softs isn't that unfair mate ? so I LOST 2 PLACE JUST because I WAS PLAYING FAIR AND THEY UNFAIR

TERRIBLE PENALTY System ''Fun Event'' u can make Fun Events with your friends too ... this is not a ''Fun Event'' but a COMPETITION...

This is getting bad everyone played their part in this and now its just really bad and people are feeling agression
 
This is getting bad everyone played their part in this and now its just really bad and people are feeling agression

This is why I'm not complaining,

I'd much prefer next weeks race to go ahead. At this rate, it wont. Or it'll be better to come last, spend 4-5 hours looking over the reply and get everyone disqualified so you win.

Please can I have the ethos of the first series back. Mistakes were made by everyone but Baku (as he was always at the front!) and the only issue we had was one race restart.

Note you win nothing for coming first in the series other than a bit of ego massage. Is it really that important?

NOTE : if we want to take this ultra seriously, I'm just as happy to race that way too.
 
Just by looking at where the comments are going I thinks its best to mention up front that I like funnel cakes. They are delicious and quite a tasty treat. However, I tend to consume them too quickly, so I'm looking for something new to covet from the carnies....possibly shaved Ice. Its almost as good, but last a lot longer.

Update: I'm attempting to lighten the mode
 
Last edited:
Why u just dont take this like a GAME!!!

Anyway about GTP_Racing's situation is different, i think points is not the correct penalty, i think give him back his 2nd position will b enough.
 
any news on whether or not there's going to be a new qualifying procedure put in place before the next race?
 
any news on whether or not there's going to be a new qualifying procedure put in place before the next race?

The qualifying will be exactly the same next week but I will write down peoples positions.
 
HortusIX - it was a genuine mistake against you, as the "steward" attested after the original complaint - whether you believe this or not, I have no control over, but can only again apologise. I myself was bashed up at the start of the race, but you don't find me throwing my toys out of my pram. I think the fact that nobody else complained against me is testament to the fact that I have a clean and honest approach, but am only human and liable to the odd mistake.

I will take a drop to the back of the grid, but would like to retain my 1 point from the race. Why should a few of use be punished via complaints, yet lots of other incidents have gone unpunished due to no complaints? Surely let's keep it consistent and if people demand penalties, the steward should review the entire race and punish all incidents regardless of complaints?

I also question - what sort of race series is it where people are able to make threats to have decisions changed? What sort of race series is it if the "steward" take a call one way, and is then persuaded to change their mind?

Think long and hard about this chaps - I'm an honest sort of guy who will hold my hand up and admit to mistakes, but I don't really like this sort of treatment and am questioning whether to continue with the series.
 
Last edited:
This is why I'm not complaining,

I'd much prefer next weeks race to go ahead. At this rate, it wont. Or it'll be better to come last, spend 4-5 hours looking over the reply and get everyone disqualified so you win.

Please can I have the ethos of the first series back. Mistakes were made by everyone but Baku (as he was always at the front!) and the only issue we had was one race restart.

Note you win nothing for coming first in the series other than a bit of ego massage. Is it really that important?

NOTE : if we want to take this ultra seriously, I'm just as happy to race that way too.

Im taking it seriously because theres more people who are new to the series (Nothing wrong with em) or new to the game and are cutting corners , ramming (Or just lag) and generally breaking rules. If everyone (even me :guilty:) just saw that just a niggly little cut corner that wont even get you a place is not worth it this series would be funner.... We're all ruining the series for ourselves
 
Back