LCS: Season 2: TVR Tuscan RM Racing League

  • Thread starter Thread starter DaxCobra
  • 557 comments
  • 32,208 views
Me - ready
Lizard50 - ready.

What time does the room open?

It will be about 3:30 but I have one open now for practise
 
It will be about 3:30 but I have one open now for practise

Just done a few test laps. Happy with pace on hards, slightly off on softs.

Looking forward to this and hopefully we'll have a full grid.
 
I hope everyone knows that anyone who starts 8th or above has to start on Hards, and anyone below starts on Softs.
This is to keep the slower people up the ranks to give them more of a chance and also the faster people have a challenge to see if they can make the pit strategy work.

After this race, we will see if any rules need changing.
 
I hope everyone knows that anyone who starts 8th or above has to start on Hards, and anyone below starts on Softs.
This is to keep the slower people up the ranks to give them more of a chance and also the faster people have a challenge to see if they can make the pit strategy work.

After this race, we will see if any rules need changing.

I think we should now stick with that rule or change the laps on future racing to open the chance of more strategy on pitting.

Eg if this race was 32-35 laps you would have the choice of 1 pitstop with hards or 2 (or even 3) with softs. Maybe even 1 long hard stint followed by a quick 12 laps of soft.

I prefer this as it effects your tuning strategy. As if there is only one way of doing it, the best drivers or those with better wheels, will always win.

I want to race. Racing is not just the driver.
 
Race Lobby Now Open!
 
Come on guys, join up, Qualifying in 15 minutes!
 
1st: El_Aliens69
2nd: The_Black_Stig_
3rd: the_xeriff
4th: GTP_Racing
5th: TeamLotus_Seven
6th: HortusIX
7th: xMURIYOZx
8th: tomhart9
9th: Diabolicwyvern
10th: lizard50
11: TeamLotus_Europa
12: ParksidE001
13: Blasto-Matic
 
Me and TeamLotus_Seven are joining teams as Esprit could not connect and Bakugekiki has quit
 
Ok I would like to follow on the tradition of Race Reviews like we had last season. Basically telling the story of your race, your good points, bad points and the bits that were a bit of both (is that possible?)
 
xeriff and The_Black_Stig_, I just went through the replays, I am now on lap 26, and according to this you two never pitted for Racing Hards, you just went from racing softs to racing softs...
 
Great race, here are a few highlights/lowlights.

Poor start ended up 10th, it all went a bit of a blur as people made errors and I weaved myself through to about 6th(ish) where I met the Black Stig. He was caught behind someone (white) so took my opportunity! Whoever it was definitely knew how to make his car as wide as possible.

Laps 3-13 neck and neck with the stig. Some corners I had better lines, others his. Prefect racing with no incidents but a few scrapes. Sadly all that racing had worn my tyres out a little more than his, so had to pit. Could I do 15 laps on the hards without them going 'off'?

Laps 13-23(ish) - Nothing of interest happened just open road and great lap times. Hards were working exceptionally well and I kept meeting back markers just where I needed an extra speed boost. I was trying for 1:32-1:33 pace but all that extra tow was giving me 0.5-1.5 seconds a lap.

Then.....

Black stig turned up again and was putting in some awesome laps. We battled again until lap 26 when (yet again) my tyres started to go off.

Lap 28 - I'd started lapping at 4/10ths just to make sure of no mistakes and to keep my 4th place safe. Found GTP_racing about 30 seconds from the end. Sadly he had forgotten we were playing GT5 and had decided it was a PGR kudos challenge. I passed the smoke screen and took 3rd. Poor lad as he was really only 1 lap off getting 2nd place.

Overall the racing was great. With 14 people on track I would expect some errors/rubbing but found nothing I would complain about. However people need to realize that there is no point in taking a place when your line is compromised so I just take it back again. This was especially true on the first 3 laps as people dived for the inside and I just let them through only to gain more exit speed and take the place back.
 
xeriff and The_Black_Stig_, I just went through the replays, I am now on lap 26, and according to this you two never pitted for Racing Hards, you just went from racing softs to racing softs...

Cant really comment as I thought I'd selected the hard tyres.

I don't have the reply. But if you believe the rules were broken, do whatever is needed. I'm happy for anything from last place to points deduction to time penalty etc.

If this is true I only have one word.... BALLS.
 
So you did pit for hards... Thanks for clearing this up :)

Anywayz!
Started off in a dismal 8th after not being able to get a fresh set of tyres in time in Quali (Being the organiser sucks sometimes) and got into 7th or 6th, cant remember. Was fighting with Xeriff, Tom and Lizard, and at one point going three abreast braking down to the 1st corner with Tom and lizard, but I managed to stay ahead. After a while, my tyres were wearing out badly. I stayed out until about 12 laps in and pitted. Once on hards, 1st corner out I left the track because I was not used to the grip levels. I got back into 9th, and then after a few switching of places down to mistakes being made between tom, me and lizard, I ended up 11th. Fun.

Wasnt the ebst review as I cant even remember what happened XD
 
Cant really comment as I thought I'd selected the hard tyres.

I don't have the reply. But if you believe the rules were broken, do whatever is needed. I'm happy for anything from last place to points deduction to time penalty etc.

If this is true I only have one word.... BALLS.

How many times did u pit?
 
xeriff and The_Black_Stig_, I just went through the replays, I am now on lap 26, and according to this you two never pitted for Racing Hards, you just went from racing softs to racing softs...

What will be the punishment for this? (if it is found to be true obviously)
Seems like its sorted :lol:


As for my race report:

Bit confusing with the positions at the start so just dropped back a few places so i didn't upset anyone! :lol: Didn't make much difference in the end and was soon behind Europa in about 8th before the end of the lap.

Following this was a great scrap between me europa, and someone else! (cont remember who 💡 lol) Europa blocked us and slowed us down brilliantly for at least 3 or 4 laps until the other guy finally got passed.

Europa still didn't give up, holding me back for another lap. When I finally got past, I had an open road in front of me so I put in some of my best laps (only 1.28 or so but hey). After that 14 lap stint on softs i pitted for hards until lap 18 or so. During this time I lost a few places due to stopping and being on hards. I then put on my final set of softs for the last set of laps and soon caught back up with Europa and his scrap again!

This time, I easily passed them both within a few corners, I can only assume they were on hards. I then powered on, making up another place into 8th, only to make my only major mistake of the race, and spin into the gravel on the penultimate corner, 4 laps before the end. All my work undone.

However, still being on a almost fresh set of softs I managed to catch them all back and re took 8th. I would have been so angry if i couldn't have made it!! :ouch: :lol:

Overall it was a great race, didn't see any unfair racing and the (few:lol:) back markers I overtook seemed to be considerate and didn't give me any hassle 👍👍

can't wait till next week!!
 
Once, I believe on lap 13 assuming the stig went in the lap after.

Okay, well you pitted and came out with softs. As it is the 1st race of the season and I have raced with you for about 2 months now, I will let you off. Same goes for Stig, but next time please do make sure you are pitting for Hards!
 
I know how you feel! :lol: I feel sorry for you having to go through the replays!

got all the footage recorded, just taking some photos now and then I have to edit the video together, Fun :D
 
Okay, well you pitted and came out with softs. As it is the 1st race of the season and I have raced with you for about 2 months now, I will let you off. Same goes for Stig, but next time please do make sure you are pitting for Hards!

My mistake then, are you sure there shouldn't be some penalty for this?

Just we need to keep the racing fair and would prefer a penalty than any bad feeling in the series.
 
My mistake then, are you sure there shouldn't be some penalty for this?

Just we need to keep the racing fair and would prefer a penalty than any bad feeling in the series.

It's fine. Like I said, 1st race in, and there was no intentional cheating. Next time, I won't be so soft if you dont pit for hards. (See what I did there? XD)

But in all seriousness, there were a lot of mistakes in the race, such as jumping the gun on the rolling start, positions on the rolling start etc. A lot of it was down to me not making it clear enough, and I am not deducting points from myself!
 
got all the footage recorded, just taking some photos now and then I have to edit the video together, Fun :D
I look forward to it 👍
My mistake then, are you sure there shouldn't be some penalty for this?

Just we need to keep the racing fair and would prefer a penalty than any bad feeling in the series.

I admire and respect this 👍
 
It's fine. Like I said, 1st race in, and there was no intentional cheating. Next time, I won't be so soft if you dont pit for hards. (See what I did there? XD)

But in all seriousness, there were a lot of mistakes in the race, such as jumping the gun on the rolling start, positions on the rolling start etc. A lot of it was down to me not making it clear enough, and I am not deducting points from myself!

Great plan, lets improve what we have.

Quick question about the next race.

Exactly what version of the 'Sarthe' are we playing and if a dynamic track the settings.

It looked liked fixed rain + 18:00 start time but I didnt check the speed of change.

I need to start optmizing out team strategy! 💡
 
Great plan, lets improve what we have.

Quick question about the next race.

Exactly what version of the 'Sarthe' are we playing and if a dynamic track the settings.

It looked liked fixed rain + 18:00 start time but I didnt check the speed of change.

I need to start optmizing out team strategy! 💡

It will be a 16:00 hour start with time speed change on 18...

2009 / weather change
 
I recieved a complaint about lizard50, by the way xeriff. down into the 4th corner of the track he misjudged the braking point and hit another racer off. Yes, it was just a mistake, but could you please tell him to look at the rules as he did not let the driver he hit ahead of him again. He was very clean with me so I know it was just an accident, though!
 
To confirm, Non fixed weather ?

Hence what are the Tyre rules if it rains?

I have some clearing up to do...

If it rains and drivers have to put inters/rain tyres on, then we go F1 style and forget about the Hard/Soft rules. If, however, the track remains dry, the Hard/Soft rule has to be fulfilled.
 
Back