Le Mans Reveals New Hyperpole Qualifying Format for 2020

Peugeot are not entering the first season of Hypercar. Toyota, Aston Martin and Glickenhaus may be joined by ByKolles though. Peugeot are coming to play from 2022.

I'll be at Le Mans 2020 to witness this interesting new era of Qualifying.

Isn't there some doubt over ByKolles caused by a requirement for entries to be OEMs?
Absolutely, that recent announcement did throw a spanner in the works for ByKolles. The big question is, assuming they are still on track to join Hypercar, is do they enter under the name of an engine supplier or will they be given manufacturer status if they promise to build so many cars by an agreed date.
SCG is apparently entering under it's own name and not as Alfa Romeo Glickenhaus for example.

Yeah its pretty easy to win when there's isn't much competition :rolleyes:

So glad the LMP1 class will be dead next year. :bowdown:
Rebellion and Ginetta might be entering grandfathered LMP1 machines I think.

Look at what you made me do, ACO.

YtiKSvU.jpg

I feel about certain rule changes and new series the same way a lot of people feel about the current state of the movie industry. It's so incredibly sad to see this one thing you love and treasure become so stupid, so bad, so crowdpleasing... I'm 28 and, for the first time ever, I have started to actively want certain motorsport series to just fail and die so something new and less painful comes.

Back